Is there a way to see the direction the antenna is pointing?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nb4zwusbe0bk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1690 ft

Hello guys and thank you for taking the time to read this . Ive been getting very poor signal when flying over open water in a lake despite not having anything infront of me . People can usually go 3300meters to over 4000meters me i loss signal at 540 meters and it returns home . So have i gotten a broken drone? the first thing am thinking is probably that am not pointing at the drone 100% with the antenna .

Now on the dji go app there is no way to see where the antenna direction is . So my question is do i need to get the litchi app for that or does even the litchi app have this feuture? By the way i must mention that i have an extender to get extra range without the extender i lose signal at 200-300meters witch is emabarasing when phantom 3 SE is suppose to further .
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that this caused you. I would like to clarify if your settings is on Beginner mode? Can you please turn that off. Also, we do not recommend our customer to use any third-party app for reliability purposes and this will void your warranty. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Keep the flat sides of your antenna directed toward your aircraft...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_nb4zwusbe0bk
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-3 11:40
Hi. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that this caused you. I would like to clarify if your settings is on Beginner mode? Can you please turn that off. Also, we do not recommend our customer to use any third-party app for reliability purposes and this will void your warranty. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.

yes ofc it is turned of is there a way in the dji phantom app to see what direction the antenna is pointing?
2018-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Study your manual good.  It goes into great detail of how to orientate your antenna for best performance.
2018-8-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What country are you located?

You say you have an "extender."  That covers a broad range of devices and equipment.  Can you be more specific?  

You say you have range problems over open water.  Are you saying you don't have range problems over open land?  

You won't be able to tell anything by looking at the app other than signal strength and the indicator is not fine enough to see a difference.  You'd need an EMF meter to see the difference.  And it's not worth the money.  But you do need to learn how to aim the antennas.

You seem to have an SE, so assuming that is correct...

Your working antennas are patch antennas hidden inside the controller.  If your controller is horizontal, the best signal is shooting straight forwards.  So tilt and aim the controller at the AC that way.  Forget about the stick antenna - it just communicates with your mobile device.  Still - you'd probably want to point it up towards the sky so it doesn't look dumb.  

Good luck.

2018-8-3
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

I think you have button on map which opens circuit like radar thing where you can see your drone position relative to your controller using your device location
2018-8-3
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

I think you have button on map which opens circuit like radar thing where you can see your drone position relative to your controller using your device location
2018-8-3
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2018-8-3
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_nb4zwusbe0bk
lvl.1

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-8-3 13:34
I think you have button on map which opens circuit like radar thing where you can see your drone position relative to your controller using your device location

I thought that aswell but that is only the direction of the compass
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nb4zwusbe0bk
lvl.1

Hello guys thanks for the replies ive found the issue and that issue is a software bug comming from the devs in DJI. The issue is when the phantom 3 SE is in CE mode its limited to around 500 meters . Now people recommend switching to FCC Mode is there any good official way of doing this and can the moderators here change the subject yo how do i switch to FCC mode so i dont have to start a new thread?
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Kindly watch the video tutorial below on what is the proper  way to position your antennas.

2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules