Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air First Light Bad Signal
574 3 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DWade9
lvl.2
Germany

First flight with my Mavic Air today, tried out the Asteroid mode and when the mavic reached a height of 40 metres, the image transmission started lagging really badly...

I read a lot of reviews before buying the Mavic Air and many complained about the bad signal but most were from January/February, so I thought DJI might have fixed it in the meantime.
Are there any other solutions/tricks to fix it or make it less worse?

It was just one flight so I still have hope, but either way pretty disappointed already...
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sorry for this trouble. Would you mind sharing us the video or the image that you captured when this issue occurs? If there is none, can you remember if there is a certain warning or message showing up on your DJI Go 4 app?
2018-8-3
Use props
DWade9
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-3 12:09
Hi, sorry for this trouble. Would you mind sharing us the video or the image that you captured when this issue occurs? If there is none, can you remember if there is a certain warning or message showing up on your DJI Go 4 app?

It was an asteroid, so I only have the final product, which turned out fine.

But during the actual shot, when looking at my screen, there was substantial lag.

I think the warning/message was 'Weak/No Image Transmission Signal' in the top left corner.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DWade9 Posted at 2018-8-3 12:17
It was an asteroid, so I only have the final product, which turned out fine.

But during the actual shot, when looking at my screen, there was substantial lag.

Thank you for your response. I have here the list of the steps that I can provide for us to resolve the error message "Weak/No Image Transmission Signal". Please follow and let me know if these steps resolve the issue:

1. Try to link the remote controller to the aircraft again if “CONNECTING” is shown on the remote controller’s LCD screen.

2. If this issue occurs after the firmware update, check whether the remote controller firmware and the aircraft firmware have been updated successfully,
or try to update them again.

3. Tap “Reset Camera Settings” in the DJI GO 4 app.

4.  If this issue occurs when the aircraft is flying in an area free of interference, it is suggested to use a mobile device on the Recommended Device List, of which the decoding performance is better.

5. In the DJI GO 4 app, tap “HD” and check the channel status under Image Transmission Settings. If the current channels are not stable, check the position of the antennas on the remote controller. Fly the aircraft forward and adjust the antennas’ position please see the image below:

If the aircraft is flying above the remote controller, adjust the antennas’ position please see the image below. Or choose a stable channel and decrease the “Transmission Quality” under Image Transmission Settings. If there is severe interference with the channels, fly the aircraft in a place free of interference.

6. Insert a normally functioning SD card, capture a photo or video and check whether the photo or video is normal on the PC. If yes, image transmission is malfunctioning. If not, the camera is
malfunctioning. In this case, use the Online Repair Request to send the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair

7. Toggle the Control Mode Switch between the RC mode and Wi-Fi mode. If image transmission becomes normal after the Control Mode Switch is toggled to Wi-Fi mode, the remote controller is malfunctioning. If this issue persists after the Control Mode Switch is toggled to the Wi-Fi
mode, the aircraft is malfunctioning. Please use the Online Repair Request
to send the aircraft or remote controller to DJI for diagnosis. https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules