Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shooting Images while recording video (Phantom 4 Pro V2.0)
1698 5 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I know that you can shoot images/pictures while you're simutaneously shooting video. What I'm wondering is can you still partially hold down the shutter button to focus to take an image while shooting video?
Does this work the same way as if you were not shooting video but just taking image?
Thanks!

2018-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha john,

This would probably not be necessary unless you are shooting an unfocused video for some artistic reason.  None-the-less, it is still a good question.  BTW, the resulting image in that process is a .jpg.  Shooting a RAW is too demanding and you will have to interrupt the video to get that shot.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-3
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-3 18:14
Aloha john,

This would probably not be necessary unless you are shooting an unfocused video for some artistic reason.  None-the-less, it is still a good question.  BTW, the resulting image in that process is a .jpg.  Shooting a RAW is too demanding and you will have to interrupt the video to get that shot.

Thanks for the info!

Major bummer that the image taken during a video would only be a JPG as I shoot exclusively in RAW (habbit of shooting with a DSLR for years and there’s no going back).
2018-8-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-8-3 18:25
Thanks for the info!

Major bummer that the image taken during a video would only be a JPG as I shoot exclusively in RAW (habbit of shooting with a DSLR for years and there’s no going back).

Not only is the shot a JPEG, but it is a screen grab of whatever resolution video you are shooting in at the time. This is not unusual, and is the same with any other low cost camera. because the system does not have time to change of another format and back again while shooting video. In fact you would be better off just shooting video and then grabbing a frame later for a still shot, as that is what the system is doing anyway. Also, be aware that the shot will be taken at the shutter rate chosen for the video, so may include camera movement in it as well.

2018-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-3 18:53
Not only is the shot a JPEG, but it is a screen grab of whatever resolution video you are shooting in at the time. This is not unusual, and is the same with any other low cost camera. because the system does not have time to change of another format and back again while shooting video. In fact you would be better off just shooting video and then grabbing a frame later for a still shot, as that is what the system is doing anyway. Also, be aware that the shot will be taken at the shutter rate chosen for the video, so may include camera movement in it as well.

Aloha Geebax,

So much better than what I said!  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. We already forwarded this concern to our engineers. We will keep you updated once we got an answer from them. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules