2263 10 2015-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

Hi.

Flew my Phantom 3 two times without issue. The new firmware came out 1.1.9 so I installed into onto the Phantom following a tutorial video. I checked the .TXT file after the install and it reported success. When I started up my phantom 3 the gimbal initializes, and then drops out of position.

In the DJI pilot App I see a 'Gimbal cannot receive MC data error'. The description is "Solution: try to plug the 8 pin line between damping plate and aircraft, check if the pins of 8pin line is loose. If it still fails, please contact customer service"

Since it was working 30 seconds before the firmware update I doubt it is a cabling issue. I need HELP!
Rayne

2015-5-24
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

That happened to mine also, I done a IMU calibration and the message went away
2015-5-24
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

That's what I would suggest. Do a VERY level IMU calibration followed by a gimbal calibration and see what happens.
2015-5-24
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Canada

derekoneill99@e Posted at 2015-5-25 08:20
That happened to mine also, I done a IMU calibration and the message went away

Is that something you do through the App? Sorry. First time owning a copter so I'm a little  noob.
2015-5-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Here you go , how to Calibrate the  IMU
2015-5-24
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Ian still getting a D-DD sound on start up only once though. Any idea
2015-5-24
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

raynelang@gmail Posted at 2015-5-25 08:24
Is that something you do through the App? Sorry. First time owning a copter so I'm a little  noob. ...

Yes you do this through the app. MC settings > Sensors >  Calibrate > IMU Calibration

I'd be interested to know if this fixes this issue as I'm expecting my P3P any day and will have to update the firmware first thing out of the box.

Let us know... and good luck.
2015-5-24
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Canada

It did fix my issue. I am flying again. That you so much for the help. Really really appreciated. WOOHOO!
2015-5-24
Use props
infinity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 800062 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Help - My "check imu" and "imu calibration" are grayed out and cannot be clicked, any solution to this?
2015-6-2
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

infinity Posted at 2015-6-3 04:28
Help - My "check imu" and "imu calibration" are grayed out and cannot be clicked, any solution to th ...

Are the controller and phantom turned on? I think they need to be to do certain adjustments.
2015-6-2
Use props
infinity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 800062 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-6-3 04:42
Are the controller and phantom turned on? I think they need to be to do certain adjustments.

Yes of course , phantom, controller and ipad dji pilot fired up, all connected.

The Phantom just makes a B-B-B-B-B beep sound every second or so. It says something about MC error and that I shall control that an 8-pin connector is connected. I haven't touched the Phantom since I started the upgrade and it was no problem before.
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules