Connecting controller to spark problem
4645 9 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BjP0420
New
United States

I just purchased a spark and controller separately and cannot get the controller to sync.  I activated the drone and it works with my phone but syncing with the controller does not work.  I’ve went through the process 10 times and the controller just beeps once and nothing happens.  Is there an activation process for the RC I’m missing?  When I turn on the RC there is no WiFi from the RC showing on my phone, I’ve tried turning airplane mode on and off, still no WiFi from the RC.  Should the app recognize that there is a remote present? How do you check the software on the RC?
2018-8-4
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Rc should show up.. I did the manual sync a few days ago..turn on spark, wait a minute till it is done booting p, then hold power button till ypu hear one beep and release(3sec). RC you hold both function buttons and the pause button i believe, u til it is beeping.
2018-8-4
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Rc should show up.. I did the manual sync a few days ago..turn on spark, wait a minute till it is done booting p, then hold power button till ypu hear one beep and release(3sec). RC you hold both function buttons and the pause button i believe, u til it is beeping.
2018-8-4
Use props
BjP0420
New
United States

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I’ve tried that a bunch of times and nothing happens.  I don’t think the RC is transmitting a WiFi signal.  I’ve tried to connect it through the app when it asks whether you want to connect to just the drone or the drone and the controller, and my phone just says cannot connect to RC-ae68w
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience.  May I know the current firmware version of the remote and the aircraft? Are you using android device? If yes, did you try to use OTG cable? What is your current DJI Go 4 app version? Kindly follow the video tutorial below on how to properly link your remote to your spark.

2018-8-4
Use props
BjP0420
New
United States

I have tried the second way of connecting in the video with no success.  Have not tried the first method because the controller WiFi does not show up on my phone, or my iPad.  I’ve tried turning airplane mode on and off but still nothing from the RC.  The WiFi from the spark does show up.  I am using an iPhone 6 and I’ve also tried my iPad Pro.  I do not know the firmware version for the RC because it’s never been linked to anything.  The firmware version for the spark, I’m not sure how to check.  When I connect the drone it says “latest version” and I’m using the DJI GO 4.0 app
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BjP0420 Posted at 2018-8-4 08:50
I have tried the second way of connecting in the video with no success.  Have not tried the first method because the controller WiFi does not show up on my phone, or my iPad.  I’ve tried turning airplane mode on and off but still nothing from the RC.  The WiFi from the spark does show up.  I am using an iPhone 6 and I’ve also tried my iPad Pro.  I do not know the firmware version for the RC because it’s never been linked to anything.  The firmware version for the spark, I’m not sure how to check.  When I connect the drone it says “latest version” and I’m using the DJI GO 4.0 app

Hi, thanks for the response, may I know where did you purchase the unit? I'm afraid that the RC needs to be in service for further evaluation, however, if any case that you bought the unit in re-seller you might try to contact them first to see if you could replace the unit. Please see the link below if you need to contact our support. Thank you.

www.dji.com/service
2018-8-5
Use props
BjP0420
New
United States

i purchased it from Best Buy.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. The best thing you need to do is contact DJI Support at www.dji.com/support for further assessment and repair of your DJI Spark's remote controller. Thank you.
2018-8-5
Use props
tchappell
lvl.1
United States

I have the exact same problem for my new Spark and RC.
2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules