Palm Launch in Video Mode?
693 4 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spinachworld
lvl.1
United States

Every time I do a palm launch with the Spark it defauts to still photo mode, even if I had set the camera to video.  And then I'm unable to switch over to video mode when it's airborne.  Is there a way to set the Spark so that it stays in video mode when it's palm launched?
2018-8-4
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If you're doing a Gesture Mode palm launch then you don't have video...only photo.  Once airborne tap the RC icon on the left side of the page and then tap Normal icon to get video capability back.  I would suggest if you want to do palm launches you set up the Fn button or the button below the photo button to Takeoff/Land option.  When you use that feature, video is still available.
2018-8-4
Use props
spinachworld
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-8-4 17:39
If you're doing a Gesture Mode palm launch then you don't have video...only photo.  Once airborne tap the RC icon on the left side of the page and then tap Normal icon to get video capability back.  I would suggest if you want to do palm launches you set up the Fn button or the button below the photo button to Takeoff/Land option.  When you use that feature, video is still available.

thanks, will give it a try.  if i do a palm launch and then use the remote controller, will it still recognize me if i want to do a palm landing at the end?
2018-8-4
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

No, I don't think so...once you go back to Normal, you're no longer in Gesture Mode so it won't recognize you.  
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. For additional reference, I will be providing you the link of the official DJI Tutorials - Spark Gesture Piloting.

2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules