Camera won't move
17474 14 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbb97d8be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39928 ft

Hi, I'm new to DJI drones and I was hoping I could get some help. The camera on my drone only faces downward and I'm not able to move it around, although I'm still receiving a feed. How would you recommend fixing this or looking into this more?
2018-8-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansbb97,

The dial on the top left side (corner) of the remote controller is the "tilt" dial.  It moves the camera looking up and down.  Turning the camera left and right is done with the whole drone.  There is a lot more information on this in the manual.  We usually read the manual once or twice before we make our first flight.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Can you use the gimbal control to move the gimbal at all? Does the gimbal auto calibrate (go through a series of moves when the drone starts up)?
2018-8-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

You can move the camera up and down onscreen too. Have a look at the manual.
2018-8-5
Use props
fansbb97d8be
lvl.1

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-5 01:30
Aloha fansbb97,

The dial on the top left side (corner) of the remote controller is the "tilt" dial.  It moves the camera looking up and down.  Turning the camera left and right is done with the whole drone.  There is a lot more information on this in the manual.  We usually read the manual once or twice before we make our first flight.

No, I completely understand how to move the camera, but when I turn the dial the camera doesn't move up and down at all.
2018-8-5
Use props
fansbb97d8be
lvl.1

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 05:32
Can you use the gimbal control to move the gimbal at all? Does the gimbal auto calibrate (go through a series of moves when the drone starts up)?

No, I can't control the gimbal at all, but I still receive a feed from the camera. And it's been doing this strange thing where it randomly moves around, but during flight.
2018-8-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Have you already tried a gimbal calibration in DJI GO 4? If that doesn't help either you should open a support case with DJI.
2018-8-5
Use props
fansbb97d8be
lvl.1

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-5 08:38
Have you already tried a gimbal calibration in DJI GO 4? If that doesn't help either you should open a support case with DJI.

I did try calibrating it, and it seems to be working but then it stops and says that it was failed because the drone moved (which it hadn't) and it just resets to the downward direction it faces.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happens to your drone prior to this issue? Since you have managed to calibrate the gimbal and still the issue persists, I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refreshing the firmware through DJI Assistant 2. Please reboot the aircraft after using the DJI Assistant 2 afterward recalibrate the gimbal to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads - Mavic Pro
https://www.dji.com/mavic-pro-platinum/info#downloads - Mavic Pro Platinun
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

fansbb97d8be Posted at 2018-8-5 06:40
No, I can't control the gimbal at all, but I still receive a feed from the camera. And it's been doing this strange thing where it randomly moves around, but during flight.

Bummer. If you power the drone up and it doesn't go through the gimbal test sequence (gimbal will go through a series of moves in all directions), you probably have a bad gimbal and will need to have it serviced. If the gimbal test sequence goes OK, then it may be that you need to go through the gimbal calibration sequence in Go 4. Best of luck mate.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 12:58
Bummer. If you power the drone up and it doesn't go through the gimbal test sequence (gimbal will go through a series of moves in all directions), you probably have a bad gimbal and will need to have it serviced. If the gimbal test sequence goes OK, then it may be that you need to go through the gimbal calibration sequence in Go 4. Best of luck mate.

Hi, thanks for the additional advise. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fansbb97d8be Posted at 2018-8-5 06:40

Can you change it with the 5D button , move it up.
If gimbal pitch speed is set to 0 the pitch control on left don't work,
how ewer long press and slide on screen should work.
2018-8-6
Use props
fansbb97d8be
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-5 11:16
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happens to your drone prior to this issue? Since you have managed to calibrate the gimbal and still the issue persists, I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refreshing the firmware through DJI Assistant 2. Please reboot the aircraft after using the DJI Assistant 2 afterward recalibrate the gimbal to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads - Mavic Pro

Hi, I tried updating the drones firmware through DJI Assistant 2 but nothing happened. I even tried going through the camera calibration in the DJI 4 And it got to 5% then said it failed because the drone moved. What else can I try here?
2018-8-7
Use props
RBSIMMONS64
New

United States

fansbb97d8be Posted at 2018-8-7 10:23
Hi, I tried updating the drones firmware through DJI Assistant 2 but nothing happened. I even tried going through the camera calibration in the DJI 4 And it got to 5% then said it failed because the drone moved. What else can I try here?

My DJI P4 is doing the same thing. Did you find a solution?
2020-8-12
Use props
djiuser_4laAQb313wym
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4327 ft
United States

My mini 2 drone crashed and after it when I fly it the footage is really shaky and I can't move the gimbal up and down.
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules