Weird flying
1007 8 2018-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xamiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6827 ft
United States

I start the RC then OTG to my Nexus 5x, I was hoping to downgrade this device to only be a flying monitor.  But ...? The delay is horrendous.  The display becomes pixelated, rotate the spark the display of the move shows up several seconds later.  I updated the s/w on the drone & RC to current just recently.  I was hoping to learn to walk behind the drone only watch in the display.  What's the latency to the display should I expect?  I put my spark into tripod mode.  Does that slow the latency to the display.  

The buttons seem unresponsive. Push record and it takes quite a while for the red record button to become a little red square.  

It seems like the time between touching an icon and the implementation should be quick.  It's not.  What should I expect?

Thank you,
Max

2018-8-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try an older Go4 version.
Perhaps 4.2.12 or the 4.1.15 (from apk mirror)
2018-8-4
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

The Nexus 5 is a 2013 model.5 year old model. Too weak for this task. He is not just a screen but a computer that runs the DJIgo application, decodes the video stream coming, etc. ... Try version 4.1.15 because it has fewer resources and supports OTG. If this is too slow, then you need a stronger phone ...
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_oQZbUyNjYU7d
New

Germany

I habe the same Problems on my Sony XZ, very disappointing
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, if may I ask what firmware and DJI GO 4 version are you using? I would recommend as well using a compatible device as the issue may cause software incompatibility as well. Please see the image below.

2018-8-5
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-4 23:01
The Nexus 5 is a 2013 model.5 year old model. Too weak for this task. He is not just a screen but a computer that runs the DJIgo application, decodes the video stream coming, etc. ... Try version 4.1.15 because it has fewer resources and supports OTG. If this is too slow, then you need a stronger phone ...

That's sad, but I think you're correct.  I'd rather have a ten inch display anyway.  Think am old Samsung Tab A has the muscle one should I get a new tablet?  Suggestions? (I don't do apple.)

Thanks,
Max
2018-8-5
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Xamiam Posted at 2018-8-5 08:58
That's sad, but I think you're correct.  I'd rather have a ten inch display anyway.  Think am old Samsung Tab A has the muscle one should I get a new tablet?  Suggestions? (I don't do apple.)

Thanks,

I bought an inexpensive Huawei mediapad T3 7 "tablet, it is very good, it works well and its size is quite enough, and it runs on Android 6. I use the DJ GO 4 4.1.15 mod version with OTG cable.
HUAWEI-MediaPad-T3-7.0-16GB-7--tablet-Wifi.png
2018-8-5
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

I'm using a Samsung Tab A with S pen 2016, It works great.
2018-8-5
Use props
Xamiam
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all

Isn't the Tab A and older tablet?
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now