Replacement props
2775 6 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shep941
lvl.2

United States

I chipped a prop and want to buy some extras. Does anyone know the difference in the "Thrust Boost" props? Or has anyone found aftermarket props that are better? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
2014-11-3
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I would stick with the DJI props. They are pretty well balanced straight from the packet. I have heard of carbon fibre props causing scary descents and even dropping out of the sky completely. This is apparently because they do not flex at all, whereas the DJI ones are designed to flex a bit on descents, almost like a flexi shock absorber. (no experience here, just reporting what I have researched.)
Rod
2014-11-3
Use props
LenCO
New

United States

I live In Colorado at 7800' MSL.   I have a P2 with H3-3D & FPV setup with both factory original and DJI9450 prop sets.   I've been flying real airplanes and models for many decades.

The 9450's are preferred by locals for loaded up use at high altitude.  With either prop set I return to home point after 10 minutes of timed flight and end up with 35 to 45% fuel remaining with 60mw of battery drain feeding a low power ultralight FPV transmitter, plus powering a 3d gimbal and a GoPro.   The 9450 props are a bit more quiet.  The 9450's have subtle changes in prop pitch, camber, and leading edge thickness, and the center of lift is moved slightly outboard on the 9450's.  Control response is similar.  I have not done endurance tests, but most Colorado owners suggest about a minute of extended flight time to the first low battery warning.  

Other Colorado users suggest using stock props for basic training and banging around, saving the 9450's for use when filming.   Numerous posts quote delimitation issues with carbon props. Few posts recommend them.  As for cheap plastic props from Ebay or amazon, I for one, will not risk well over $1000 of equipment on cheap knockoff no-name props.   Losing just an inch or two off of a single blade on a quad translates into a catastrophic crash.   You don't get the redundancy inherant in bigger hex or octo designs, so buy only quality props,  sand out inevitable nicks before they can cause stress crack failures in flight, then rebalance them.   Prop nicks are just as hazardous for us as they are for light aircraft.  Repair or replace nicked props religiously, or risk becoming yet another crashed Phantom YouTube feature.  

and NEVER mix original props with 9450's.  I mark all my original props on the underside with a magic marker to prevent mixing props with different lift profiles in the same set.
2014-11-5
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I am using the boosted props and  am very pleased with their performance. They are definitly stiffer than the stock props and have a slightly different profile. I think these are the new standard for DJI Machine's.
2014-11-6
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

I ordered a set of the 9450's. Looking forward to trying them out. The $20 shipping is a little ridiculous though.
2014-11-7
Use props
nuff77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3273317 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try these
http://www.rctigermotor.com/html ... y_Prop_0913/53.html
2014-11-13
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Interesting but expensive. Does anyone have any real experience with antigravity props? Are they more durable?
2014-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules