7336 187 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sold the MA and after very careful consideration I took the plunge and bought a new Inspire 1 V2 with the Zenmuse X3 and a number of accessories from Heliguy (authorised dealer) in the UK with a 24 month warranty. AMAZING drone - cruising at 45MPH in P-mode and reaching 70+MPH in A-mode is going to take some getting use to! I've wanted this drone since starting out in this hobby two years ago and I am not disappointed: smooth and agile with dual remote control, 360 gimbal yaw and extremely powerful motors plus the coolest looking drone I have ever seen - especially the landing gear transformation.
It's no wonder DJI still sell this model as new on their on line store nearly three years after the release of the V2 whilst the consumer grades are typically discontinued after a year or two.   

2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-8-5
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely, do you think you'll miss the portability?
2018-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Might miss the battery life
2018-8-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Andy, it's an awesome drone you'll get to love it. It's a head Turner and does attract people on launch and recovery and takes longer to slow down. Invest in an iPad and hoodman buddy, makes a huge difference and worth the outlay. Congratulations buddy.
2018-8-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Well done that man, you'll have to go Pro' to cover that baby :-)

Any firmware updates ;-)
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-8-5 01:33
Andy, it's an awesome drone you'll get to love it. It's a head Turner and does attract people on launch and recovery and takes longer to slow down. Invest in an iPad and hoodman buddy, makes a huge difference and worth the outlay. Congratulations buddy.

Thanks John.
I find passers by show a lot more respect and even ask permission to approach me lol - flown it 5 times already - the GO app takes me back to my Phantom 3 Pro days but seems to have been updated over the past couple of years. I updated the FW on the Inspire to .50+ and pleasantly discovered that the X3 now records 2.7K @ 30p (in addition to c.4K @ 24p and 4K UHD @ 30p)  plus it also does 1080p FHD @ 120p so those are upgrades since it's launch and has a max ISO of 25600 using the exposure dial on the RC when in manual camera settings. The gimbal controls are amazing - gives a really different perspective and the noise from the Inspire is quieter than the MA and sounds more like a helicopter flying overhead. I hit 64.2MPH already - it's a serious piece of kit. Got x2 TB48's with the TB47 and getting 50 minutes from the 3 batteries which is good enough for me.  I flew out in A-mode and discovered I was 4400' feet away in 30 seconds with no glitches over the lightbridge transmission so turned around... Weighing over 3KG this is not a drone for noobs. It makes the MA feel like a toy. I do not care what Mavic they bring out next - this is it for me mate!
2018-8-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Congratulations on the new bird, mate! I hope you will enjoy more time with your baby. I have just got my Air back from DJI and it's amazing. I wish I could get one but flying in Vietnam is very strictly so just small one like the air fit me well. Happy for you.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MavicRich Posted at 2018-8-5 01:01
Lovely, do you think you'll miss the portability?

Nah - no more than I would miss the ease of parking a BMW after buying a Ferrari lol
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-5 01:47
Well done that man, you'll have to go Pro' to cover that baby :-)

Any firmware updates ;-)

One - from 12 months ago - so no more FW updates
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-5 01:54
Congratulations on the new bird, mate! I hope you will enjoy more time with your baby. I have just got my Air back from DJI and it's amazing. I wish I could get one but flying in Vietnam is very strictly so just small one like the air fit me well. Happy for you.

Thanks mate. Yes, it is a large drone for sure - not something you can carry in your pocket lol but it has a totally different use. No APAS, smart capture, obstacle avoidance etc etc - you do all of that yourself on this beast. It's an awesome aircraft. Should of bought one a long time ago!
2018-8-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Yeah! That's great. I may get one later. This beast looks amazing when flying in the air. Also image quality so impressive. Great!
2018-8-5
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm excited to see your footage. Please post a link to your first vid here. Thanks
2018-8-5
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love my Inspire 1 Pro. It certainly looks the business
2018-8-5
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

I love my I1v2.  I don’t see replacing mine anytime soon.  The Z3 camera with The zoom makes the inspire just that much better.  I have already had mine up to 80 MPH   They are definitely a joy to fly.  I don’t even worry about when conditions anymore with this bird still flies very stable and Highwinds   
2018-8-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Congrats and enjoy!
2018-8-5
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

Great deal andy i am glad you did this choice fly safe and we are waiting some footage from the beast.
2018-8-5
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wowza!  This is REALLY going to keep you busy!  I'm guessing that you'll be using your MP to video the take-off of the Inspire and that'll be all we see of you in the Mavic part of the forum!  Congrats.  You just might have to get yourself one of those lime green vests to keep the pests away.
2018-8-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Congrats and fly safe.
2018-8-5
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Congratulations on the new drone. This what we can call upgrade.
2018-8-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Saving up my pennies for a similar upgrade from my MP but can't lay out that kind of cash right now. Well, I could, but then my 3 kids would have to forgo college. Choices, choices... Enjoy the new rig mate. From what I've seen, they are a beast of a machine.
2018-8-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice enjoy the flight
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks mate
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jannistmb Posted at 2018-8-5 04:04
Great deal andy i am glad you did this choice fly safe and we are waiting some footage from the beast.

Gonna take a little while getting use to flying it - gimbal tilt, yaw and attitude mode at the same time with gentle pushes on the pitch will require a little practice. Still working through my settings to find that sweet spot. It is surprisingly very easy to fly though - perhaps because I'm more cautious of flying a drone that is 7 times heavier than the Mavic Air
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-5 04:18
Wowza!  This is REALLY going to keep you busy!  I'm guessing that you'll be using your MP to video the take-off of the Inspire and that'll be all we see of you in the Mavic part of the forum!  Congrats.  You just might have to get yourself one of those lime green vests to keep the pests away.

The Inspire is my only drone now - sold the rest. I'll only wear a lime green vest if someone is paying me a lot of money
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-8-5 04:32
Congrats and fly safe.

Thanks Woe
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2018-8-5 05:00
Congratulations on the new drone. This what we can call upgrade.

Sure is - I've owned the Spark, all the Mavic's and the top two Phantoms - none of them come close to the experience of flying this. I now appreciate why DJI place the Inspire series in a true professional drone class.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-5 05:14
Saving up my pennies for a similar upgrade from my MP but can't lay out that kind of cash right now. Well, I could, but then my 3 kids would have to forgo college. Choices, choices...  Enjoy the new rig mate. From what I've seen, they are a beast of a machine.

This one is less than half the price of the Inspire 2 with an X4S - I remember when this kit would have set you back $4,000 - now it's less than $3K with multiple TB batteries (at $200 a pop). Still expensive but worth every penny - it is a beast! Nothing is more important than your kids education though...
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-8-5 05:37
very nice enjoy the flight

Thanks mate      
2018-8-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

You jump ship before I did .
Nice, we should see some outstanding vids soon
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-8-5 03:17
I love my I1v2.  I don’t see replacing mine anytime soon.  The Z3 camera with The zoom makes the inspire just that much better.  I have already had mine up to 80 MPH   They are definitely a joy to fly.  I don’t even worry about when conditions anymore with this bird still flies very stable and Highwinds

I did notice it cuts through wind with ease - not surprised as it is huge! Think my next big purchase will be the X5 or X5R camera.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-8-5 02:35
Love my Inspire 1 Pro. It certainly looks the business

Sure does - most amazing drone I've ever owned.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2018-8-5 02:34
I'm excited to see your footage. Please post a link to your first vid here. Thanks

Thanks mate     
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-8-5 06:16
You jump ship before I did .
Nice, we should see some outstanding vids soon

Figured I jumped from toy to toy too much over the past couple of years and I was about to get the Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 (which is actually cheaper than this) but then I thought - why?! Been there already - may as well go all the way and get the drone I've always wanted - so that is exactly what I did.
Get this - the Mavic Air sold within TEN HOURS of being placed on Ebay for £865... Quickest sale ever! My wife never liked the Phantoms as she thought they were too big and dangerous - she looked at the Inspire, laughed and said she appreciated why I wanted it. I think that sums up the Inspire - it is just a stunning looking piece of tech that everyone appreciates.
2018-8-5
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I love this drone. 7 guys in our RC club have this and I2's. One of the coolest looking drones ever made.  Many say it looks like General Grievous in Star Wars.

Total Pro drone for sure !!!  My next purchase considering what a MP2 may cost.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-5 06:26
I love this drone. 7 guys in our RC club have this and I2's. One of the coolest looking drones ever made.  Many say it looks like General Grievous in Star Wars.

Total Pro drone for sure !!!  My next purchase considering what a MP2 may cost.

I think it looks like the head of the Alien from the Ridley Scott movies. Very intimidating. I would choose this over every Mavic every time. The quality of this product is just outstanding. The image quality and tech is better on the Phantom 4 Pro, the Mavic is easy to carry around but do I care? Not in a million years lol Just look at it - it's stunning!
2018-8-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-8-5 06:22
Figured I jumped from toy to toy too much over the past couple of years and I was about to get the Phantom 4 Pro Plus V2.0 (which is actually cheaper than this) but then I thought - why?! Been there already - may as well go all the way and get the drone I've always wanted - so that is exactly what I did.
Get this - the Mavic Air sold within TEN HOURS of being placed on Ebay for £865... Quickest sale ever! My wife never liked the Phantoms as she thought they were too big and dangerous - she looked at the Inspire, laughed and said she appreciated why I wanted it. I think that sums up the Inspire - it is just a stunning looking piece of tech that everyone appreciates.

That's awesome. I have an offer on 1 right now, and hopefully
I will get it. I love my MP and goggles combo but my customers want more.
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-8-5 06:38
That's awesome. I have an offer on 1 right now, and hopefully
I will get it. I love my MP and goggles combo but my customers want more.

Mate - perception is reality as they say. It's sad but true - if you rock up with this in the case your clients will appreciate it more than a Mavic. The Inspire is not only a professional drone but more importantly, it looks like one.
The company who sold me the drone have direct links to the CAA here in the UK so I am reading up on the PFCO - three-day course and voila... I can start charging!
2018-8-5
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Congratulations! It's important for you to have fun and enjoy Your ride.
For me, price and portability are still prevailing
Waiting for Fantastic footage - Good flying!
2018-8-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 2018-8-5 06:52
Congratulations! It's important for you to have fun and enjoy Your ride.
For me, price and portability are still prevailing  
Waiting for Fantastic footage - Good flying!

Thanks Alex - that's exactly what I'm doing with this drone - flying it and enjoying it! That is what owning these things are all about.  
2018-8-5
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules