Goodbye Mavic Air!
7316 187 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Congrats on that beauty. It always attracted my attention, but it's a big step right now. Once I am tired of the portability and limitations of MA, I'd definitively consider one of these.

Enjoy it!
2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-8-8 01:21
Congrats on that beauty. It always attracted my attention, but it's a big step right now. Once I am tired of the portability and limitations of MA, I'd definitively consider one of these.

Enjoy it!

Thanks - highly recommend the Inspire
2018-8-8
Use props
MFPF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240413 ft
United States

Great piece of equipment, looking forward to some video from it.
2018-8-8
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.2

Goodboy Mavic D:
2018-8-8
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Well Done A CW ! I am so Happy for You Mate !

You are the Best !

2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-8 05:37
Well Done A CW ! I am so Happy for You Mate !

You are the Best !

Cheers buddy - awesome drone! So pleased!
2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MFPF Posted at 2018-8-8 02:52
Great piece of equipment, looking forward to some video from it.

Thanks very much   
2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks        
2018-8-8
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh wow I figured you bought the Inspire after seeing the changed photo. A big congrats on the new purchase. I've been on the fence about getting you myself. After having owning several DJI drones, I think it's time to step it up to an Inspire. I1 is definitely more affordable than the I2 at this point.
2018-8-8
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Wow wow finally...Very happy for you Andy. Glad that your wife also enjoys the look of Inspire.

Look forward to seeing your video soon
2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronto Posted at 2018-8-8 08:21
Wow wow finally...Very happy for you Andy. Glad that your wife also enjoys the look of Inspire.

Look forward to seeing your video soon

Thanks Dronto
2018-8-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Andy was out with the inspire tonight in high winds and low light, not that it noticed the wind. The inspire is just a beast and I must get out more
2018-8-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-8-8 12:06
Andy was out with the inspire tonight in high winds and low light, not that it noticed the wind. The inspire is just a beast and I must get out more
[view_image]

Very nice - I did another 3 flights yesterday using my new DJI ND filters for the X3. It impresses me the more I fly it - hit 71MPH... Amazing!
2018-8-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-8-8 12:06
[view_image]

Even the Zenmuse X3 performs well in low light.

Though I'm mainly working on videos with this beast now.
2018-8-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-8-8 07:57
Oh wow I figured you bought the Inspire after seeing the changed photo. A big congrats on the new purchase. I've been on the fence about getting you myself. After having owning several DJI drones, I think it's time to step it up to an Inspire. I1 is definitely more affordable than the I2 at this point.

Thanks SD.
The I1 V2 is also less controlled by tech and more agile. It has been totally faultless so far after 11 flights and nearly 3 hours flight time in my first week of owning it. I'm averaging nearly 5 miles per battery too. Hit speeds of 71MPH and the ability to pan the gimbal 360 degrees gives a totally different dynamic to the image. It requires more TLC, longer times to set up properly and 18 minutes is considered a long flight time and don't expect to take it out on hikes as the case weighs a ton but if you're willing to get past all of that (and the three thousand dollar price tag with accessories in the mix) then it is simply amazing and easily the best drone I have ever owned to date.
2018-8-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-8-9 00:54
Very nice - I did another 3 flights yesterday using my new DJI ND filters for the X3. It impresses me the more I fly it - hit 71MPH... Amazing!

I have to say it is without doubt an amazing drone for sure, handles wind wonderfully and boy when you put it to 'go faster' that sucker moves. Remembering to give it plenty of slow down and stop room is vital lol.

If the weather holds off we are going out again later, it is supposed to be pouring with rain now but the sun is splitting the sky. Fingers are crossed
2018-8-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-8-9 00:56
Even the Zenmuse X3 performs well in low light.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Great shots Andy, the X3 certainly is a great camera system. I shall keep my eyes peeled for the videos
2018-8-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-8-9 01:31
I have to say it is without doubt an amazing drone for sure, handles wind wonderfully and boy when you put it to 'go faster' that sucker moves. Remembering to give it plenty of slow down and stop room is vital lol.

If the weather holds off we are going out again later, it is supposed to be pouring with rain now but the sun is splitting the sky. Fingers are crossed

I've only flown it at my RC field so far as I know the area like the back of my hand and have plenty of space to take it out and stretch the blades. It brakes brilliantly but slowing down the brake increases the flight time so yeah, plenty of braking distance is needed - especially from 70MPH! It roars through the sky! It is really nimble too and cruises dead straight even in 30MPH winds - just cuts through it. Transmission is great too - no glitches or signal loss so far and lets just say that I've 'tested it' lol.
2018-8-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-8-9 01:34
Great shots Andy, the X3 certainly is a great camera system. I shall keep my eyes peeled for the videos

Got two hours of video so far lol - I'll obviously trim them down soon and post a couple on here in good time
Hope the rain eases off for you mate and thanks very much for your tips and advice on the Inspire - appreciate it as never owned a drone like this before.
2018-8-9
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-8-9 01:08
Thanks SD.
The I1 V2 is also less controlled by tech and more agile. It has been totally faultless so far after 11 flights and nearly 3 hours flight time in my first week of owning it. I'm averaging nearly 5 miles per battery too. Hit speeds of 71MPH and the ability to pan the gimbal 360 degrees gives a totally different dynamic to the image. It requires more TLC, longer times to set up properly and 18 minutes is considered a long flight time and don't expect to take it out on hikes as the case weighs a ton but if you're willing to get past all of that (and the three thousand dollar price tag with accessories in the mix) then it is simply amazing and easily the best drone I have ever owned to date.

With the V2 props, are they easy to install now? heard the 1st gen had issues with locking in the props? It must be a breeze slicing through the wind with those ginormous props so not at all surprised it tops 70 mph. Wow I've gone as fast as 50 something mph so I'd definitely love to fly that beast. I often fly in sports-mode so for me flying an Inspire would make me smile from ear to ear.

In terms of setting up, I'd imagine it would take a bit of time - sure does with the P4P.

If you were to guesstimate the weight of the entire package, what would it be?
2018-8-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-8-9 03:50
With the V2 props, are they easy to install now? heard the 1st gen had issues with locking in the props? It must be a breeze slicing through the wind with those ginormous props so not at all surprised it tops 70 mph. Wow I've gone as fast as 50 something mph so I'd definitely love to fly that beast. I often fly in sports-mode so for me flying an Inspire would make me smile from ear to ear.

In terms of setting up, I'd imagine it would take a bit of time - sure does with the P4P.

Yeah, the V2 upgraded the motors, props, gimbal vibration board and ESC's - it's basically exactly the same drone as the I1 Pro except it has the X3 and not the X5 camera and you'll need the landing gear riser kit to use the X5 (I bought a set from DJI and just fitted them now - only £4 for six and adds a bit more clearance for take off/landing).
The 'new' V2.0 motors have a brilliant lock mechanism that holds the props firmly in place. There have been no reported issues with props pinging off on the V2 (unlike the previous 2015 V1 model).
Setting up does take a while - about ten minutes with a full pre flight check list done by the book. The second and third flights at the same location are obviously a lot quicker of course.
If portability and getting in the air asap is high on your list then the Inspire is not for you mate. The drone with the battery (TB48), props and X3 mounted is about 3.1KG. With three batteries, one RC, the case and all of my extra accessories - I'd say around 10KG. The TB48 battery alone weighs almost the same as a Mavic Pro...
2018-8-9
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-8-6 14:32
Really? I've just returned from flying this evening and got 18 minutes with my TB48's and 15 from the TB47 - that's more than my Mavic Air gave out - plus I flew 25KM's off the three flights. I've got no problem carrying that case around - the drone is more than worth the effort

If you get the X5 your flight time will take a hit, you'll be looking at maybe 15 minutes and 13 is what I get with my X5R, they are pretty heavy compared to the X and Z3, also larger and less aerodynamic
2018-8-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-8-11 22:22
If you get the X5 your flight time will take a hit, you'll be looking at maybe 15 minutes and 13 is what I get with my X5R, they are pretty heavy compared to the X and Z3, also larger and less aerodynamic

Yeah I have read up that performance and endurance will be impacted but that is the price you pay (in addition to a couple of grand) for an MFT 16mp sensor with interchangeable lenses, variable aperture, manual focus and HDR enhancements not to mention 4K DNG raw with a huge video bitrate if I choose the X5R. I guess it all comes down to what is important to your needs. I'm sticking with the X3 and enjoying up to 19 minute flight times and 71MPH speeds at the moment whilst I get use to flying the drone and build my confidence. So far so good after 14 flights. Great to know that the Z3, X5 and X5R are options for upgrading down the line without having to sell the drone - another great feature of the Inspire series.
2018-8-12
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Woman always say, THAT's FREAKING HUGE!
2018-8-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-12 07:50

Hahahahaha
2018-8-12
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-8-12 00:25
Yeah I have read up that performance and endurance will be impacted but that is the price you pay (in addition to a couple of grand) for an MFT 16mp sensor with interchangeable lenses, variable aperture, manual focus and HDR enhancements not to mention 4K DNG raw with a huge video bitrate if I choose the X5R. I guess it all comes down to what is important to your needs. I'm sticking with the X3 and enjoying up to 19 minute flight times and 71MPH speeds at the moment whilst I get use to flying the drone and build my confidence. So far so good after 14 flights. Great to know that the Z3, X5 and X5R are options for upgrading down the line without having to sell the drone - another great feature of the Inspire series.

I hear ya, I'm considering an X3 so I can get a little more time and a little more "dronish" look, sometimes that's the way to go for effect. First I'm gonna get the 8mm SLR Pro lens balanced see if the field of view will get the job done, otherwise it's baby SLR Pro hello X3
2018-8-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-8-12 19:35
I hear ya, I'm considering an X3 so I can get a little more time and a little more "dronish" look, sometimes that's the way to go for effect. First I'm gonna get the 8mm SLR Pro lens balanced see if the field of view will get the job done, otherwise it's baby SLR Pro hello X3

I really like the quality of the footage the X3 is giving me - the colouration is very natural and low light is excellent too.
In manual video I can get an ISO of 25,600 using the exposure dial on the RC. It also now records in 2.7K at 30p and 1080p/FHD at 120p for full slow mo which also has an auto zoom built into the slow mo - excellent upgrades which must have come from recent FW &/or GO app updates to the X3.
I got 18m:50s on my last flight using a new TB48 with the X3 and didn't fly that casually either. It is very nimble and agile with the X3 on it. Further more, there is no tap-to-focus and the focus is very crisp to infinity too.
Distortion is minimal thanks to the layers in the lens and buying one separately costs £409 now brand new making it very affordable when compared to say a £1,699 X5.
For recreational use the X3 is more than enough for most pilots. I would say the quality of the image is superior to the P3P and Mavics (thanks to the processor built into the Inspire) but not as good as the P4P - though that is made up by the 360 degree gimbal pans which gives a really cool perspective to the footage which the Phantoms and Mavics can not do without planning in an intelligent flight mode - which is still not the same in my expeirence of owning all of them.
I would like an X5 later down the line but will only pay out for one when there is a commercial need i.e. I have a PfCO and a client is paying me for that level of quality. Until then (which may never happen) the X3 is good enough and not that much cheaper than the X4S on the Inspire 2 plus it's DJI's first true 4K camera - the performance and endurance of your Inspire will improve with an X3 on it.
2018-8-13
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-8-13 00:22
I really like the quality of the footage the X3 is giving me - the colouration is very natural and low light is excellent too.
In manual video I can get an ISO of 25,600 using the exposure dial on the RC. It also now records in 2.7K at 30p and 1080p/FHD at 120p for full slow mo which also has an auto zoom built into the slow mo - excellent upgrades which must have come from recent FW &/or GO app updates to the X3.
I got 18m:50s on my last flight using a new TB48 with the X3 and didn't fly that casually either. It is very nimble and agile with the X3 on it. Further more, there is no tap-to-focus and the focus is very crisp to infinity too.

NICE REVIEW
2018-8-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just came back from another three flights this evening - flew in very strong winds and turned the inspire to be carried by the wind in full pitch in A-mode (just to test it) - hit 77.7MPH!!! Even in P-mode flying into what must have been a 25MPH wind the I1 cruised at 35-40MPH. Never experienced anything like that with any drone before - that's what you pay for I guess
2018-8-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ordered a third TB48... Being delivered today - it's getting expensive lol
2018-8-15
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-12 07:50

Obviously you have to PAY for your woman, seeing as it is what "woman" say.
2018-8-15
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

i really envy you , you just made me keen to buy inspire 1
2018-8-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-16 00:18
i really envy you , you just made me keen to buy inspire 1

Be sure to do your research and know what you are getting before you go ahead and buy one as the Inspire is a very different aircraft to the other drones. It's twice the size of a Phantom!
2018-8-16
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

A CW Posted at 2018-8-16 01:35
Be sure to do your research and know what you are getting before you go ahead and buy one as the Inspire is a very different aircraft to the other drones. It's twice the size of a Phantom!

I need something good for adventures and difficult environment
2018-8-16
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-8-15 00:14
Ordered a third TB48... Being delivered today - it's getting expensive lol

you've only just begun my friend
2018-8-16
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet!!  I'm eyeing that one to add to my fleet next.
2018-8-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-16 03:28
I need something good for adventures and difficult environment

I wouldn't say the Inspire is good for 'adventures' as your arm will be hanging off by the time you've walked a mile with that 10KG suit case in your hand lol though it is perfect for difficult environments, especially fast wind speeds. The batteries need more TLC in sub zero temperatures though - get the battery heater to support that. Good luck in your decision.
2018-8-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-8-16 03:39
you've only just begun my friend

I'm getting that feeling Heading across south England this weekend with my wife and son to visit some relatives and taking the Inspire - hope to get at least 12 flights in at multiple locations.
2018-8-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin Halle Posted at 2018-8-16 09:14
Sweet!!  I'm eyeing that one to add to my fleet next.

Highly recommend it Kevin - it's a totally different flight experience.
2018-8-16
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

A CW Posted at 2018-8-16 11:55
I wouldn't say the Inspire is good for 'adventures' as your arm will be hanging off by the time you've walked a mile with that 10KG suit case in your hand lol though it is perfect for difficult environments, especially fast wind speeds. The batteries need more TLC in sub zero temperatures though - get the battery heater to support that. Good luck in your decision.

i am living in most hottest places in the world so i need something to cool my battery down
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules