2402 20 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just got this Huawei MediaPad M3 works perfectly on the P4P latest app etc latest firmware in TX and AC well worth if youre looking...I dont use this for anything apart from the drone. Video feed is faultless... v happy, a great upgrade from my phone. - Its £179 for the 8'' vers and £229 for the 10.1''.
2018-8-5
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.2

intersting !
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with us. The Huawei MediaPad M3 is not yet tested and listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. When using a non recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. There could be a compatibility issue in the future when using this device. For reference, I will be posting the most recent lists of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

2018-8-5
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That my be so DJI Stephen but I have used many of the flight capabilities this weekend without any issue - so I am letting others know that on a P4P this tablet work without any issue currently on latest FW and App

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 Inch 32GB Tablet
  • 2.4GHz Android Emui 5.1 octa core processor.
  • 3GB RAM.
  • Internal storage capacity 32GB.
    Android Android 7.0 operating system.

hw10.jpg
2018-8-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-5 08:23
Hi. Thank you for sharing this information with us. The Huawei MediaPad M3 is not yet tested and listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. When using a non recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. There could be a compatibility issue in the future when using this device. For reference, I will be posting the most recent lists of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

[view_image]

So, still only 1 tablet for android and many for ios, DJI staff keep pushing this compatibility list, we android users cannot and will not be forced over to apple so we have to experiment and buy the best that we can afford.
2018-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

[view_image]

The Huawei MediaPad M3 is not yet tested and listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. When using a non recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. There could be a compatibility issue in the future when using this device.
Sorry Stephen but that's nonsense.
DJI rarely updates their compatible tablets list so users have to try them out for themselves.
The Huawei M3 is a superb flying tablet.
I've been using one for over 6 months and tested it extensively.
It's probably the best Android tablet out there for flying ... except for the M5 which is just as good.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-8-5 09:43
That my be so DJI Stephen but I have used many of the flight capabilities this weekend without any issue - so I am letting others know that on a P4P this tablet work without any issue currently on latest FW and App

Hi, we do understand that it may work without any issues. But since it is not yet listed and tested by our engineers it might give you some errors on the app or you might not use the full functionality of the app. We will coordinate this to our engineers for testing and development. We're here to help you and kindly let us know if you have some concerns. Thank you.
2018-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-6 04:55
Hi, we do understand that it may work without any issues. But since it is not yet listed and tested by our engineers it might give you some errors on the app or you might not use the full functionality of the app. We will coordinate this to our engineers for testing and development. We're here to help you and kindly let us know if you have some concerns. Thank you.

But since it is not yet listed and tested by our engineers it might give you some errors on the app or you might not use the full functionality of the app.
If DJI updated their list and actually tested more equipment that might make sense.
But DJI hardly ever update their list and there are much better tablets available that function perfectly.
DJI never listed the Nvidia K1, but in it's day, it was the best available flying tablet.
If users only use listed tablets, they miss out on much better equipment and a better flying experience.
2018-8-6
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i have used "tested" devices with problems for days...i currently use a Lenovo P8 ( TAB3 8 Plus )  for $120 US. best "untested" device i have used so far. has a snapdragon 625 and 3 gigs of ram, caching to sd card works great too.
2018-8-6
Use props
LI Air
lvl.1
United States

[view_image]

How come when I purchased my P4P the Ipad mini 2 was listed as compatible. so I purchased an ipad mini 2. Now I am having video problems green screen, loss of video problems and the ipad mini 2 is no longer listed as  compatible? What is DJI going to do for me?
2018-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LI Air Posted at 2018-8-7 09:29
How come when I purchased my P4P the Ipad mini 2 was listed as compatible. so I purchased an ipad mini 2. Now I am having video problems green screen, loss of video problems and the ipad mini 2 is no longer listed as  compatible? What is DJI going to do for me?

That will be a big 0, we are at their mercy  :/
2018-8-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS - the battery life of this tablet is pretty amazing ... just making a folding custom sun hood for from polyprop sheet & no velcro needed! - real easy to cut and fold, anyone can make for a few ££'s .
2018-8-7
Use props
LI Air
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-7 21:27
That will be a big 0, we are at their mercy  :/

Yes, I figured so, thought I would give it a try. If it was a US company they might not be able to get away with it, or at least give a break or option.
2018-8-8
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-8-7 22:18
PS - the battery life of this tablet is pretty amazing ... just making a folding custom sun hood for from polyprop sheet & no velcro needed! - real easy to cut and fold, anyone can make for a few ££'s .

See here... simple to make for any size tablet - https://www.aerial-image.co.uk/news/make-your-folding-sunshade/
2018-8-12
Use props
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - are you referring to the MediaPad M3 'Lite' and if so, should I be bothered about the 1.4Ghz CPU as opposed to the majority with 2.4 ? (quite possibly a newbie's stupid question !)
2019-4-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coxr1 Posted at 4-27 02:38
Hi - are you referring to the MediaPad M3 'Lite' and if so, should I be bothered about the 1.4Ghz CPU as opposed to the majority with 2.4 ? (quite possibly a newbie's stupid question !)

I am - but you have the spec incorrect - mine is...

2.4GHz Android Emui 5.1 octa core processor.
3GB RAM.

Plus it still works superbly on the latest FW and app on my P4Pro and Mavic Air
2019-4-27
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Aerial-Image Posted at 4-27 10:59
I am - but you have the spec incorrect - mine is...

Are you sure about the processor speed? The M3 Lite has a 1.4 GHz Snapdragon, but the M3 (not Lite) has a 2.4 GHz. The M3 also has 4GB RAM and higher resolution screen.
I use the M3 8.4 inch - perfect size for me, not too big on the RC.
2019-4-28
Use props
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

ArcticPhoto Posted at 4-28 05:34
Are you sure about the processor speed? The M3 Lite has a 1.4 GHz Snapdragon, but the M3 (not Lite) has a 2.4 GHz. The M3 also has 4GB RAM and higher resolution screen.
I use the M3 8.4 inch - perfect size for me, not too big on the RC.

The UK M3  'lite' versions either 8" or 10" show a specification with 1.4ghz with 3gb ram
There is an 8.4" M3 with I believe the higher resolution, a 2.3ghz cpu and I believe  4gb ram - can't find who is selling it and how much it is
2019-4-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will double check what I have but I do know for sure its work faultlessly and with superb video feed.... Get one if you can its an great tablet! Plus it runs Dronedeploy & Litchi etc great, why on earth buy an expensive Apple!!
2019-4-28
Use props
LUKIP
lvl.1
Malaysia

Aerial-Image Posted at 4-28 10:30
Will double check what I have but I do know for sure its work faultlessly and with superb video feed....  Get one if you can its an great tablet! Plus it runs Dronedeploy & Litchi etc great, why on earth buy an expensive Apple!!

Running DroneDeploy on HUAWEI MediaPad M5 for Mavic 2 Pro, any issue? Planning to invest new set of M2P
2019-5-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

LUKIP Posted at 5-2 22:49
Running DroneDeploy on HUAWEI MediaPad M5 for Mavic 2 Pro, any issue? Planning to invest new set of M2P

No issues at all, runs DroneDeploy perfectly
The M5 does everything you will ever want to do with your Phantom.
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules