Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi ,
I have a P3 ADV and when video record quality is set to it's highest, 2.7k @ 30fps, and when i press record , the video transmission fails everytime. The live view on the device freezes, turns black and white for about 1 sec, then the screen blanks out for about 8 seconds. Once that time has elapsed, recording will stop by itself and video transmission returns. If I set the video record quality to 1080-30, it will record no problem. Strange. I have the latest firnware on the P3 and controller as well as the latest app for iOS on both my ipad and iphone X which are running the most current version of iOS. I have adjusted the video transmission channel manually as well as left it on auto. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!

CH
2018-8-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Do you have any warning that SD card is not fast enough for the recording format ?

Nigel
2018-8-5
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-5 09:37
Do you have any warning that SD card is not fast enough for the recording format ?

Nigel

No, No warnings at all. I have used this card for the last few years with no issue. I'll try another card to see if the card is going south on me.
2018-8-5
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-5 09:39
No, No warnings at all. I have used this card for the last few years with no issue. I'll try another card to see if the card is going south on me.

I tried a new SD card with the exact same results.
Any thoughts, anyone?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-5 10:24
Any thoughts, anyone?

Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for the data analysis, we have professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason. You can contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-7
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-7 16:50
Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for the data analysis, we have professional analysis team who will help to figure out the reason. You can contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.

Thanks Natalia! I actually reached out via email and am in contact now.
video of symptoms is here:

2018-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-5 10:24
Any thoughts, anyone?

Two things to try, switch off cache recording on your phone and format the original card in the aircaft (after you have copied off anything you want to keep).
2018-8-7
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-7 16:58
Two things to try, switch off cache recording on your phone and format the original card in the aircaft (after you have copied off anything you want to keep).

Thanks,
I already had tried the reformatting in the AC. Just tried the caching options as well as the hardware decoding . Any combination did not seem to make a difference.
2018-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-7 17:06
Thanks,
I already had tried the reformatting in the AC. Just tried the caching options as well as the hardware decoding . Any combination did not seem to make a difference.

OK. A couple of other things. You put up a note saying audio interference, that is quite normal. It is the ultra-sonic sensors in the bottom of the aircraft, they are not audible to human ears but the camera you are using will hear them, hence the ticking sound. If the aircraft will record in1080p but not 2.7k, then it would seem the SD card is not fast enough for the job. The best you can buy is a Sandisk Extreme Pro card, you might try one of those.
2018-8-7
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-7 17:56
OK. A couple of other things. You put up a note saying audio interference, that is quite normal. It is the ultra-sonic sensors in the bottom of the aircraft, they are not audible to human ears but the camera you are using will hear them, hence the ticking sound. If the aircraft will record in1080p but not 2.7k, then it would seem the SD card is not fast enough for the job. The best you can buy is a Sandisk Extreme Pro card, you might try one of those.

Thanks,
Yeah I know the audio interference was from the sensors. This video was only intended for DJI tech support and so I wanted to explain why i dropped the audio levels in that segment. more of an FYI than symptom of the actual issue.
As for the SD card, as I stated earlier in this thread, I have already tried a different sd card ( which just happened to be a sandisk extreme pro) and the results were the same. I also took the current card, which had worked fine for years, and tried it in different cameras. It was able to record 4k video on those with no issue.  
Any more thoughts?
2018-8-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Ukraine

It is interesting that the card is changed automatically to 1080 and works fine.

As to 4K in other items .. I have a number of cards that will record 4K without problem in various cameras etc - but put them in the P3 and they immediately on trying to start 4K give warning - not fast enough. I have even a Sandisk Ex Pro that people say is the best that will not even record 2.7 ...
If I reformat it - it works one time then fails again. It's now in the worst item I have (sunglasses spycam)... I ended up using Samsung Evo Plus which does everything without any hitch at all.

Given production runs ... you may just have struck unlucky and got bad card. Even the 2.7K DJI really needs a good card .......

Nigel
2018-8-8
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-8 03:49
It is interesting that the card is changed automatically to 1080 and works fine.

As to 4K in other items .. I have a number of cards that will record 4K without problem in various cameras etc - but put them in the P3 and they immediately on trying to start 4K give warning - not fast enough. I have even a Sandisk Ex Pro that people say is the best that will not even record 2.7 ...

The strange thing is, I am getting no errors or warnings in regards to write speed.  Also the card that I had been using has worked perfect for the last couple of years, not that they can't fail.
I'll try picking up an evo and giving it a try after I hear back from DJI. I don't mind having an extra sdcard.
2018-8-8
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-8 03:49

As to 4K in other items .. I have a number of cards that will record 4K without problem in various cameras etc - but put them in the P3 and they immediately on trying to start 4K give warning - not fast enough. I have even a Sandisk Ex Pro that people say is the best that will not even record 2.7 ...

FYI, I picked up a Samsung evo plus SD card and after formatting it, it failed the exact same way the others did.

2018-8-10
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Iran

Its interesting that you say you have no warning about card speed or its not suitable. Everytime I have had card problem - a warning has come up - but it still worked even if it was grainy or choppy video when card too slow. You have nothing ???

Think its time for service people to check it out ... IMHO.

Nigel
2018-8-10
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-10 19:33
Its interesting that you say you have no warning about card speed or its not suitable. Everytime I have had card problem - a warning has come up - but it still worked even if it was grainy or choppy video when card too slow. You have nothing ???

Think its time for service people to check it out ... IMHO.

I'm starting to think so too. Help ticket already started.

Thanks for the help.
2018-8-11
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-11 08:31
I'm starting to think so too. Help ticket already started.

Thanks for the help.

For any following along, It appears after talking to support that the gimbal is rebooting every time i try to record at 2.7k. No explanation or other help was given as of yet. Will update when I know more.

2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

craighuddy Posted at 2018-8-7 17:06
Thanks,

Hi, have you tried to switched cables? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-18
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-18 07:25
Hi, have you tried to switched cables? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

Hi Gamora,
If you mean USB-lightning cable, than yes , I have swapped them out. no difference.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules