Compass / gps error during flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomsommerseth
lvl.1

Norway

Hi guys!
I just had my second flight with the Phantom 3 Professional yesterday. I had done a complete compass callibration, great GPS signal (20) and homepoint set. After 15 minutes of flying I decide to take it back "home", but then I get a red symbol on my screen with "compass / gps error". At this time the Phantom just wants to drift away from me as I try to bring it home. I manage to get it close enough to grab it and turn it off. This was a bit scary. Any advice on how to avoid this during flight and what can I do to prevent i trying to escape while in flight. Any tricks? I did not experience this with the Phantom 2 Vision+ v3 at any of my flights so I got a bit concerned.

Thanks in advance for any valuable inputs

Cheers,

Tom
2015-5-24
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Same happened to me today and it freaked me out,  never had this issue before.  Could it be the new firmware causing this?
2015-5-24
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Did you do a full IMU calibration?

Do that (in MC Settings -> Sensors -> Scroll down
2015-5-24
Use props
tomsommerseth
lvl.1

Norway

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-25 15:20
Did you do a full IMU calibration?

Do that (in MC Settings -> Sensors -> Scroll down

Hi and thanks for your respond!
Is that within the app? (DJI Flight app).

Cheers,

Tom
2015-5-25
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

tomsommerseth@g Posted at 2015-5-25 16:07
Hi and thanks for your respond!
Is that within the app? (DJI Flight app).

Javist.

In the DJI Pilot App
2015-5-25
Use props
larsm
lvl.1

Denmark

After upgrade to new firmware I have had this issue 3 times. The app flashes red and says GPS / compass error.
I did IMU calibration after install of new firmware...
The error has not caused any issues during my flights since it has disappeared fast during the flight.
2015-5-25
Use props
JayJay
New

Finland

I experienced the same issue with my P3 Advanced after installing the latest firmware. Luckily the distance to the quad was around 100 meters max, however this freaked me out a little bit. Hopefully DJI will address this issue as soon as possible !
2015-5-25
Use props
tomsommerseth
lvl.1

Norway

larsm Posted at 2015-5-25 17:45
After upgrade to new firmware I have had this issue 3 times. The app flashes red and says GPS / comp ...

Great thanks!
I will try another flight today and see how it goes. It did a complete IMU callibration just now.

Cheers guys,

Tom
2015-5-25
Use props
tomsommerseth
lvl.1

Norway

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-25 17:28
Javist.

In the DJI Pilot App

Tusen takk!

Tom
2015-5-25
Use props
kevinb
lvl.2

United States

This happened to me too on Firmware 1.1.18. Luckily it avoided a crash and eventually went to "GPS Safe to fly"
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules