New Osmo Mobile 2 Stuttering/Grinding Out of Box
797 1 2018-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RED DRAGON
lvl.1
United States

Yesterday I purchased a Osmo Mobile 2 from Bestbuy.  Upon opening it I calibrated it and then turned it on & heard a terrible grinding noise as if the motors are having trouble and the video stutters a lot.  Since I was new to the device I thought it may be user error so I reviewed all the instructions again and re-calibrated it - I'm pretty sure it's in near perfect balance.  I also went through the DJI App calibration as well - the calibration wouldn't go past 0% multiple times but this evening I did get it to finally complete and it was smooth during its calibration, but as soon as it was complete I picked it up and it started stuttering & making the noise again.

I'm using a iPhone 8 Plus (took the case off)
Running the latest firmware: 2.2.0.30
Tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app

Here is a clip of it happening.  If i turn it off & back on and usually fixes it for a few moments, but it seems to come at completely random times and more so when trying to point down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jrKULoLis&feature=youtu.be

2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. I highly suggest having it replaced since you already did all the possible troubleshooting.
2018-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules