Remote control battery
1853 9 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft

Hello,

in the documentation it is said that the intelligent flight battery used in the Mavic Air does a self-discharge after 10 days.

Is that also true for the battery in the remote controller?
And if not, should i discharge the battery of the remote controller (until 60% of capacity) before a long period of not using it (e.g. winter)?

Thanks.

2018-8-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I can only answer your first question: No, the RC battery does not self-discharge after 10 days.
For your second question I am interested in the answer myself.
2018-8-6
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

I use to discharge the controller battery too at around 60-70%, but just as I do with ANY other battery (phones, etc...)
2018-8-6
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Just fully charge the RC before flight. After flying it will drop to 80% or below so don’t need to discharge.
2018-8-6
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

No matter what percent the batts are i always charge them before flying. The RC not so much because i can fly my AC many times before charging my RC.
2018-8-6
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Most of the battery articles I have read indicate that you shouldn't store them fully charged. That's usually not a problem unless you charge your batteries right before you store them for a long time. The drone batteries will self discharge (down to %50 if I remember right) but the RC batteries do not do this automatically.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, it's not necessary to discharge the RC of your aircraft and if you're not going to use it for a long period of time, I would recommend charging the RC 1-2 times weeks. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-6
Use props
laduke
lvl.2

Thanks for the info.
Can you tell me what kind of battery is in the remote controller (e.g. Li-Ion or NiMH)?
2018-8-6
Use props
laduke
lvl.2

@DJI Tony:
Sorry for the stupid question (LiIon / NiMH). Of course it's Li-Ion/Li-po. Otherwise the documentation would not say: Operating voltage 3,7V.
But when it's LiIon, why charging it before not using it a long time? I thought you should never ever store a LiIon with full charge but around 60% charge.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

laduke Posted at 2018-8-7 05:57
@DJI Tony:
Sorry for the stupid question (LiIon / NiMH). Of course it's Li-Ion/Li-po. Otherwise the documentation would not say: Operating voltage 3,7V.
But when it's LiIon, why charging it before not using it a long time? I thought you should never ever store a LiIon with full charge but around 60% charge.

Hi, thanks for the interest, unfortunately, we don't have that information as we're not recommending opening the DJI product because this process will void the warranty of your RC. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules