Who installed the 4hawks range extendors?
1715 13 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I'm pretty close to picking up the Spark fly more combo. I borrowed a friends Spark and Mavic Air this weekend. Surpsingly I kinda like the Spark better. The one thing I really don't like is the laggy / jittery image transmission. The Mavic Air was a little better but not by much.

Has anyone installed the 4hawks range extendors with success?

I should mention I was using the Spark with an OTG cable and my iPhone in airplane mode. I think that's the best I can do.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. DJI Spark and Mavic are both compatible to your iPhone. However, the OTG cable is not yet optimized for the IOS  versions. This is where you are having problems with the video transmission. We were going to forward this to our engineers for us to optimize the IOS versions as well. I will be posting below the fully compatible list of devices especially the Android devices. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns. We're here to help you. Thank you.

android spark.PNG
2018-8-6
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-6 10:47
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. DJI Spark and Mavic are both compatible to your iPhone. However, the OTG cable is not yet optimized for the IOS  versions. This is where you are having problems with the video transmission. We were going to forward this to our engineers for us to optimize the IOS versions as well. I will be posting below the fully compatible list of devices especially the Android devices. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns. We're here to help you. Thank you.

I'm so confused. Would any Spark owners care to chime in....everywhere I research people say its best to use the Spark with an OTG cable.
2018-8-6
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

el pelo Posted at 2018-8-6 11:13
I'm so confused. Would any Spark owners care to chime in....everywhere I research people say its best to use the Spark with an OTG cable.

Otg IMO is more for android users. On android use the stable and faster builds of djigo4. I think it is 4.1.15 and 4.2.12. ( other more clever people will comment...dmx and seven)
On android otg will not help much.
Remember signal is via wifi, and lag will always be present...
A big pro with spark is size, and silence. People dont see it as a spying drone, and let you be
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, yes it is best to use the OTG cable but its only optimized and currently available to Android devices. Thank you.
2018-8-6
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Regarding the 4hawks. Im planning on getting the sr version, just because i think that the xr version is a bit of an overkill for spark. With 4hawks sr you already get perfect video feed ANYWHERE 3-4km away!!! Its an amazing peace of hardware, better than ocusync. In fact many ppl install 4hawks on their mavic pro to improve signal penetration and extend the range. With 4hawks you get no lag at all dont matter how far you are. 5-7 km, no problem, NO LAG!!!
Safe Flying
2018-8-6
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Depends on what Range you are looking at, if you have the Mavic Pro, the Spark is far more limited as it doesn't use Ocusync. If you are in the US you are on FCC Mode, so you already don't have the problems that we Europeans have with CE Mode restricting more our distance. If I was you I would use the Parabolic Range Extenders which cost around $5-$10 to start with, then if you are not happen opt for the 4Hawks. Have a friend who uses these Parabolic Range Extenders are reaches 2Km flying away and 2Km flying back distance, hes on FCC Mode.

If you have someone who can fit the 4Hawks Antennas for you or maybe you are Technical in doing Electrical Stuff / Soldering that will be a Big Plus !

What I have seen is 4Hawks for the Mavic Air, but never saw any posts here about using these for the Spark.

2018-8-6
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-8-6 11:21
Otg IMO is more for android users. On android use the stable and faster builds of djigo4. I think it is 4.1.15 and 4.2.12. ( other more clever people will comment...dmx and seven)
On android otg will not help much.
Remember signal is via wifi, and lag will always be present...

Joller I ain't that clever mate ! You are clever as you are so Technical and Fix Everything !

2018-8-6
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

I use OTG on my iPhone and iPad with no issues and my video transmission never has any problems unless the Spark is super duper far away (like a mile away).
2018-8-7
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-6 12:11
Depends on what Range you are looking at, if you have the Mavic Pro, the Spark is far more limited as it doesn't use Ocusync. If you are in the US you are on FCC Mode, so you already don't have the problems that we Europeans have with CE Mode restricting more our distance. If I was you I would use the Parabolic Range Extenders which cost around $5-$10 to start with, then if you are not happen opt for the 4Hawks. Have a friend who uses these Parabolic Range Extenders are reaches 2Km flying away and 2Km flying back distance, hes on FCC Mode.

If you have someone who can fit the 4Hawks Antennas for you or maybe you are Technical in doing Electrical Stuff / Soldering that will be a Big Plus !

you definatly dont need range extenders for 2k flight...
spark can do that with ease on standard controller and wifi or otg...

But for longer distance go 4 hawks from what i have watched ,

my iphone 7plus is very stable on a otg cable , mines 2 cables that join , not one single cable as most are buying ,

To fly any distance you do need good open vision for drone and Rc also ,  and i suppose little things like rc battery power and stuff can add or change on any given day
2018-8-8
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
United States

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-8-8 02:13
spark can do that with ease on standard controller and wifi or otg...

Not too worried about range....I don't need to fly miles away. I would just like a good video transmission.

Tell me more about the 2 cables that join? Have a link?
2018-8-8
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-8-8 02:13
spark can do that with ease on standard controller and wifi or otg...

Harry,

I live in a very high populated island of Malta, and in CE Mode.

You are lucky you live in Australia Mate.
2018-8-8
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-8 05:30
Harry,

I live in a very high populated island of Malta, and in CE Mode.

Fair enuff
2018-8-10
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

I get very good connection with the wifi and have had no problems.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules