Will changing main board effect my serial number?????
5893 10 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Page812
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29908 ft

So my bro crashed one of my mavic airs the other day. I haven't been able to fly it since. This is a drone that I brought off somebody with 2 broken propeller legs. I ordered 2 new legs and got it working. However I let my brother fly it and he crashed it pretty bad. Now it takes forever to connect to the rc (sometimes won't connect at all) when it does connect I get multiple IMU and ESC errors and it just won't take off. I had a drone repair place look at it and they told me the main board needed to be replaced but they are unable to get main boards due to the fact that the mavic airs are fairly new. They told me call dji and they could help. The problem is i got this drone off somebody asis crashed. I don't have proof of purchase smh.  I seen main boards on ebay for like $160. I just want to know if i use a new main board will it change my serial # of the drone and will it still work with the other boards and parts that are in the drone.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced, regarding with that, actually, each component of the Aircraft has a Serial number for Example Mainboard, Battery, and Aircraft is self, so meaning, if you use a different Main board the serial number, will be change, however, I would recommend to send it in to the facility so that your aircraft will be handed by the Expert and make sure there will be no further damage as well. if you want to send it into DJI Facility you can just reach one of our support channel by just going to this link https://www.dji.com/support and you can choose between Online support, Email and Phone support for them to create you a process or you can just go directly here https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to create the process.
2018-8-6
Use props
Page812
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-6 12:21
Hi, there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced, regarding with that, actually, each component of the Aircraft has a Serial number for Example Mainboard, Battery, and Aircraft is self, so meaning, if you use a different Main board the serial number, will be change, however, I would recommend to send it in to the facility so that your aircraft will be handed by the Expert and make sure there will be no further damage as well. if you want to send it into DJI Facility you can just reach one of our support channel by just going to this link https://www.dji.com/support and you can choose between Online support, Email and Phone support for them to create you a process or you can just go directly here https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to create the process.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes i know each part has the s#  on it but i wanted to know if i change the main board will that change the drones s# when it comes to activation and  will it become the main s# of the drone as far as when you plug it into a pc and see the s#
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Page812 Posted at 2018-8-6 15:11
Hey thanks for the reply. Yes i know each part has the s#  on it but i wanted to know if i change the main board will that change the drones s# when it comes to activation and  will it become the main s# of the drone as far as when you plug it into a pc and see the s#

Ok, I see regarding with that the Drone serial number will be still, however, the Main Board SN. will be change since each part has a different serial number.
2018-8-7
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

In my case, mainboard was changed but the SN was the same. This drone had been sent to DJI in Hongkong for fixing. If you purchase one online. It will completely change. I suggest you should send it to DJI for fixing. Especially mainboard because they have devices to verify if it works.
2018-8-7
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

kwwls great question and thank you all for the input. Some of us repair our own devices
2018-8-7
Use props
Page812
lvl.2

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-7 07:32
In my case, mainboard was changed but the SN was the same. This drone had been sent to DJI in Hongkong for fixing. If you purchase one online. It will completely change. I suggest you should send it to DJI for fixing. Especially mainboard because they have devices to verify if it works.

Thanks appreciate the help.
2018-8-7
Use props
Page812
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-7 07:04
Ok, I see regarding with that the Drone serial number will be still, however, the Main Board SN. will be change since each part has a different serial number.

Thanks gonna look into getting a new board.
2018-8-7
Use props
Page812
lvl.2

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-7 07:41
kwwls great question and thank you all for the input. Some of us repair our own devices

2018-8-7
Use props
AnTMaN_28
New

Indonesia

Hi All,

Following on this thread. I recently had change of motherboard in my M2P. If am correct, the serial number of the drone out from the box and in the battery compartment will be the same and can use for registration? Even the motherboard is replaced, Am i correct?
2020-1-5
Use props
Mahi Mughal
New

Pakistan

Can we replace camera of phantom 4 with camera of 9hantom 4 advanced?
2022-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules