MPP yaw motion 'freezes' when releasing gimbal tilt control
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic  Platinum Pro video jumps at the end of a gimbal tilt (up or down) while  also yawing, every time. You can see (and hear) the drone hesitate in  its yaw action when this happens. Thought this was a gimbal issue, and  had drone replaced with a new one. Same issue with brand new drone, but  more experimentation showed that the drone actually hesitates during  its yaw when gimbal tilt action ends on RC. Does not seem to be a  faulty gimbal after all. You can replicate this at 4 feet altitude (and  see/hear it) as shown in the following video (Password is mavicpro).

https://vimeo.com/shanetaylor/mavicpro2

I've created a second video of the actual drone in flight to illustrate  the issue described above. In this video you can clearly see and HEAR the  drone freeze its YAW motion whenever the gimbal tilt control is  returned to neutral. I show the drone in several configurations, as well  as the actions being taken on the RC to make this happen. Basically, as  described, I am only yawing in either direction, and tilting the gimbal  up or down, and whenever I return the gimbal tilt control to neutral  WHILE yawing, the drone hesitates it yaw motion. THIS is causing a jump  in the image on any video taken under such control circumstances.

(Again, the password is mavicpro).

https://vimeo.com/shanetaylor/mavicpro3

Can anyone else replicate this? This issue ruined a lot of my footage on  a recent trip to Iceland, and even after receiving a brand new drone  replacement, the issue still exists. I can't be this unlucky. It  basically makes the Mavic Pro useless for serious cinematography (unless you don't need to yaw and tilt at the same time ).

The other possibility is perhaps the RC?  Other than the FW, it is the only other common denominator between the two drones. Can the RC  gimbal control be sending something that affects the yaw momentarily? As  I mentioned, this only occurs when you END a gimbal tilt control  movement WHILE yawing the aircraft.

My aircraft firmware is v01.04.0300 (with RC, batts, and Go4app at consistent level).

I notified DJI of the issues a few weeks ago and no response...
2018-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules