3578 37 2018-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fully updated I2 with the X7 in video mode (whether recording or not) has these odd lines on the top right margin, and the entire left margin.  Doesn't happen on the X5s, and is intermittent on the X7. Happens with every lens, and is unpredictable so far.  Screenshot attached.

Banding on left and top margins

Banding on left and top margins
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, if may I ask is this issue occurs in your SD card? Did you reset the camera setting? I would recommend attaching the Zenmuse X7 to your aircraft and download the DJI Assistant 2. Once you have downloaded the application please restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft for us to see if there will be any changes. You can download the application using the link down below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads
2018-8-6
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-6 16:54
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, if may I ask is this issue occurs in your SD card? Did you reset the camera setting? I would recommend attaching the Zenmuse X7 to your aircraft and download the DJI Assistant 2. Once you have downloaded the application please restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft for us to see if there will be any changes. You can download the application using the link down below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads

Checking my notes, it did occur immediately after the latest firmware update. The banding is visible on the CS while in flight, and on the files on the SD card.
I'll reload the latest firmware first, and try a reload and factory defaults if that fails.
I'll follow up here with results.
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dan M Posted at 2018-8-6 18:24
Checking my notes, it did occur immediately after the latest firmware update. The banding is visible on the CS while in flight, and on the files on the SD card.
I'll reload the latest firmware first, and try a reload and factory defaults if that fails.
I'll follow up here with results.

Hi, thanks for the response. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-8-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the exact same problem.. on both 50mm and 24mm lenses
2018-8-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I am up to date with firmware.. the camera was acting strange . It was reseting settings.. eg. Raw would switch off, ratio would reset to default, when I returned home most videos were corrupt..
Need a fix asap as I cant have problems like this again after a firm ware update
2018-8-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Could it be the mechanical shutter on the lens.. banding was a problem with the 16mm and inbuilt nd filter
2018-8-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Could it be the mechanical shutter on the lens.. banding was a problem with the 16mm and inbuilt nd filter
2018-8-7
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ok I think its something to do with the lens connection, I could see the banding on the app screen, I swithched off the inspire,disconnected the lens and reconnected and the error went away. Its a fix but why the problem with lens connection lately
2018-8-7
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 2018-8-7 21:44
Ok I think its something to do with the lens connection, I could see the banding on the app screen, I swithched off the inspire,disconnected the lens and reconnected and the error went away. Its a fix but why the problem with lens connection lately

Funny you should mention the lens connection. When changing lenses on the X7, I frequently get a connection error, cleared easily by shutting off the Inspire, removing and reconnecting the lens. Only happens on the X7 though.
2018-8-8
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dan M Posted at 2018-8-8 07:17
Funny you should mention the lens connection. When changing lenses on the X7, I frequently get a connection error, cleared easily by shutting off the Inspire, removing and reconnecting the lens. Only happens on the X7 though.

This connection problem has been a bit of a pain lately, lot of time wasted between lens changes as you might not realize until your way up in the air.
The video only seems to have banding where the stills look fine.
I hope the lenses or camera connections arent becoming worn out

2018-8-8
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I haven't done the firmware refresh, or camera reset, but saw something interesting during tests today. I had a clean 16:9 image in video mode. I changed to still photo mode, and (as always in photo mode) saw no banding at the top. When I switched back to video mode, the banding at the top and left side returned. Toggling back and forth between modes did nothing. Just to be sure it wasn't something related to just the 16:9 aspect ratio, I changed the still photo capture to 16:9. No banding. Back to video... banding.  This all happened during a single flight, with no landing between mode changes.
I'll try a camera reset to defaults tomorrow, then a firmware refresh.
2018-8-8
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dan M Posted at 2018-8-8 16:55
I haven't done the firmware refresh, or camera reset, but saw something interesting during tests today. I had a clean 16:9 image in video mode. I changed to still photo mode, and (as always in photo mode) saw no banding at the top. When I switched back to video mode, the banding at the top and left side returned. Toggling back and forth between modes did nothing. Just to be sure it wasn't something related to just the 16:9 aspect ratio, I changed the still photo capture to 16:9. No banding. Back to video... banding.  This all happened during a single flight, with no landing between mode changes.

Thanks Dan, please keep us posted, I wasted a $240 lens rental due to this error..
2018-8-8
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dan M Posted at 2018-8-8 16:55

Thanks Dan, please keep us posted, I wasted a $240 lens rental due to this error..
2018-8-8
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263615 ft

I am having the exact same problem
2018-8-16
Use props
YeeaaBoii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2127306 ft
  • >>>

TEMPORARY LINE / BANDING ISSUE FIX:

I have the same issue too and I've figured out how to temporarily fix it. It is NOT the lens that causes the issue. It's strictly a firmware glitch.

We discovered the lines during a shoot where we had to switch between 30fps and 60fps today. Also, turning the drone on and off can fix the issue sometimes.

When in Micro SD mode ONLY, if you do NOT see the lines, switch your frame rate and the lines will appear.

Another way to make the lines show up is to switch into photo mode and back into video mode.

To make the lines DISAPPEAR once they are on the screen, go to video settings and turn on SSD mode. They will go away every time. We tested video clips and checked the SSD footage and the micro SD. If you leave SSD mode on, you'll never see the issue again.

Also, if you do not want to film anything to the SSD and you see the lines on the screen, turn SSD mode on and then off. The lines will disappear and won't return until you power cycle and happen to switch a frame rate or put it into photo mode.

This worked for me on all 4 X7 lenses.

Let me know if yours reacts different.
2018-8-17
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2

YeeaaBoii Posted at 2018-8-17 18:39
TEMPORARY LINE / BANDING ISSUE FIX:

I have the same issue too and I've figured out how to temporarily fix it. It is NOT the lens that causes the issue. It's strictly a firmware glitch.

I have the exact same problem and have done a number of things to pinpoint why this occurs and based on my findings it is when switching from still mode to video mode once the aircraft has been turned on whether on the ground or in flight. The only way I have found to rectify this is to land the aircraft in video mode, switch it off and restart it in video mode, then the moire banding does not appear. If I then switch to still image mode, then toggle back to video, then the moire banding appears.
2018-8-19
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2

I have the same issue and contacted DJI directly about it, this was their response:

Hello Gerald,

Thank you for your response.

We are so sorry for all the inconvenience. This is a known issue right now. Please know that our engineering team is currently working on this particular issue. We already forwarded your sentiment to our team. As of now, what is highly advised is to downgrade the firmware version to the previous version. We will send a notification upon further progress.

We humbly ask your kind understanding about this matter. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
fansdd9f2627
lvl.1
United Kingdom

We have the same problem, where would we find the older firmware? were on the latest at the moment.

Cheers
2018-8-21
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansdd9f2627 Posted at 2018-8-21 06:09
We have the same problem, where would we find the older firmware? were on the latest at the moment.

Cheers

Download the DJI Assistant software, and connect to the Inspire via USB.
2018-8-21
Use props
fans5d68f3aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490308 ft
  • >>>

Is there any way to remove these banding artifacts, perhaps a transcoder?
2018-8-31
Use props
Akira Class
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9890276 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here... Good thing we are using the footage matching anamorphic video taken with an Alexa so the banding for the most part will be cropped out. It is horrid.
2018-9-8
Use props
Eagle Aerial Solutions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342336 ft
United States

I just sent my X7 in and they are replacing the camera unit. If i didn't have warranty, $1650. What happens if this occurs after the warranty expires??
2018-9-8
Use props
Kichelchenkeks
lvl.1

Hello in my case they sometimes do appear sometimes they don't.
2018-9-8
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>

Hi DJI Toni, I have the same problem with my X7 and all the lenses. I do need a solution asap .... a lot of job are waiting. Any news how we can fix this problem? Regards, Gerry
2018-9-11
Use props
fans861a8515
lvl.3
Flight distance : 926549 ft
  • >>>
Israel

For me on my X7 the banding only occurs on the SD card when the SSD is  NOT recording. If the SSD is recording there is no banding.
hope this helps you as well.
2018-9-12
Use props
JAY48
lvl.2
Flight distance : 357438 ft
United States

Any resolution? Can I install the new firmware update?
2018-9-19
Use props
Den97412
New

Réunion

Hello. I have the same problem with my new X7 and lenses 16 mm and 50 mm, somebody get a solution. thank you and sorry for my english.
2018-9-30
Use props
Den97412
New

Réunion

Bonjour. The problems with my camera X7 (verticals and horizontals bands) are resolve. I downgraded the firmware and now every thing it's ok.
2018-10-1
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154009 ft
France

Hi,

Thank you Dji for your great communication. a video bug is detected by users in August and the only solution to the problem will be to downgrade the firmware. If I had been informed by DJI of the problem, I would have avoided losing $ 700 with my client because all the videos I made yesterday are unusable.
Capture.JPG
2018-10-5
Use props
fans2fd66581
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279167 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I've just encountered this, on the first three clips I filmed this morning.  The remainder of the day was fine!  Pain as I now have to get up at stupid o'clock on a Sunday morning to do pick-ups for something that I am not responsible for.  Please fix.
2018-10-6
Use props
Njjl
New

Portugal

Hello.

Same issue here.
Did anyone fixed this on post-production successfully?

Thanks.
2018-10-11
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154009 ft
France

Njjl Posted at 2018-10-11 03:20
Hello.

Same issue here.

Hi Njjl,

The only solution at this moment is to downgrade the firmware of Inspire2. For me it's OK.
Best Regards
Jean-Louis
2018-10-11
Use props
Dronopendola
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14701 ft
United States

Any updates to this?  Yet another example of DJI's poor technical support! The latest firmware update is dated 7-18-18, a user first brings up the issue in August, and it is mid-October and no apparent changes have been made? I have experienced this issue on and off for months now and it absolutely affects my ability to deliver quality results to clients and eats into profit.  For the kind of money we pay to use DJI's product, I would expect better. The Inspire 2 has given me consistent problems since purchase almost a year ago. I suppose I will  have to try the firmware downgrade in the meantime....
2018-10-15
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Come on DJI fix this issue, I need the latest firmware to use the inspire with drone deploy for mapping but then have to downgrade to use the inspire for video, this is not good.
2018-10-17
Use props
MUFUFU1974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1917126 ft
Denmark

Hi DJI

Same issue here.

Thanks.

2018-11-4
Use props
Fly67390
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13009 ft
France

same problem
2018-11-11
Use props
gbp6461
lvl.2
United States

Still waiting for a  goddam fix for this. Just what the hell are you playing at DJI??
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules