889 7 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
Netherlands

Hi
Currently I am flying while outside temperature gets above 30-35 degrees celcius. Draining the battery to about 40% and 12 minutes of flying  the motor pods become quite warm. It doesn’t yet feel too hot but I am wondering what is acceptable? My first reaction was to pull my hand away though..:.
Anyone experiencing the same temperatures?
I am still very happy with the Mavic Air. But with all strange behavior related topics I tend to get a bit worried. What is normal and what isn’t?
Thanks!
Herman
2018-8-7
Use props
wantedlynx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689787 ft
Philippines

Mine's back motors always feel hot than on the front after each use. I do not mind it, it always like that.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HI there, sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with Actually if ever you've reached the maximum temperature you will be getting an Error from your DJI GO app regarding with the Temperature and Sometimes you can't able to fly your aircraft because of it.
2018-8-7
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Back motor hotter because you fly forward. The back motor generated more thrust that front motor when fly forward. If you just hover or fly up and down the back and front motor should have similar temperature.
2018-8-7
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
Netherlands

I now know that I don’t need to worry. I experimented last night, still with high temperatures, but different flying patterns and the temperature of the motor pods still were acceptable even after emptying 2 batteries, 30+ minutes of flight. Good to know it’s not harmful. And good to know that a warning gets issued or flight is disabled if temperature gets too high.
Thanks!
2018-8-8
Use props
Jangi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649419 ft
United States

Hi, you can also read the battery temperature in the app. They are getting very warm. Even in winter at almost 0 degrees. And now we have 35 degrees here. But the sensors warn you when it gets too hot.
2018-8-8
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

GDL Posted at 2018-8-7 23:29
Back motor hotter because you fly forward. The back motor generated more thrust that front motor when fly forward. If you just hover or fly up and down the back and front motor should have similar temperature.

Τhank's for the information. I did not know that
2018-8-8
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

There is no motor temperature information show on the app. If it's not too hot that you can't touch after fly should be ok.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules