21442 30 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atercervus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Hey there!

Looked through the recent threads but didn't find any dedicated to Ronin-S accessories and mounting tips.

Accessories market is not yet there I guess for the new product, however would be great if we can share our rare finds here.

Since the moment of unboxing the Ronin-S I'm thinking on getting a smaller case for it, which will only fit the gimbal itself and then will fit a backpack or luggage case.
Such as the one DJI has for OSMO: https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-carry-case

So maybe you've seen something like that on the market already?

The other thing is about sharing our tips on mounting accessories to the Ronin-S, for instance the best way and accessories to mount the Monitor? Any advise on that from the ones who've got the gimbal earlier this summer?

Cheers!
2018-8-7
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft

I have not yet mounted a monitor, however I have mounted a Rode mic and a smartphone mount. I am currently trying different things to see what will work best for my style of shooting. However I think the Simply Gimbal mount is a must have. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... gimbal_adaptor.html
2018-8-7
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Monaco

lenzwizard Posted at 2018-8-7 06:18
I have not yet mounted a monitor, however I have mounted a Rode mic and a smartphone mount. I am currently trying different things to see what will work best for my style of shooting. However I think the Simply Gimbal mount is a must have. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1392112-REG/simply_gimbal_fmj_1_fmj_handheld_gimbal_adaptor.html

Looks good! Did you try it with Ronin-S, how it fits? Maybe you can share a few pics here, would appreciate. Thanks!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi atercervus, we're sorry that we have not got such news for now. Our engineers are working on the Ronin S accessories and will release it as soon as it is ready, thanks for your attention.
2018-8-8
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Monaco

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 02:09
Hi atercervus, we're sorry that we have not got such news for now. Our engineers are working on the Ronin S accessories and will release it as soon as it is ready, thanks for your attention.

Thanks for joining the thread Susan, do you by any chance have a sort of preliminary lineup, what kind of accessories we could wait for, coming up this year?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

atercervus Posted at 2018-8-8 02:12
Thanks for joining the thread Susan, do you by any chance have a sort of preliminary lineup, what kind of accessories we could wait for, coming up this year?

I'm sorry that more news is not available for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.
2018-8-9
Use props
Classiq
lvl.1
United States

I have this crazy idea. I'd like to use the handles that my Tilta Nucleus-M follow focus system comes with to hold the Ronin S.

Using SmallRig's mounting plate and NATO to Rosette clamp I could use the Rosette adapter that comes with the Nucleus.
https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... i-ronin-s-2214.html
https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... i-rosette-2046.html

To get the rails to mount my follow focus, I want to use a cage from Tilta mounted to the Ronin gimbal head.

Will the Ronin be able to hold this setup. It might be over 8 lbs.
2018-8-10
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1960591 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-8-10
Use props
G Kochanowsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1960591 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... l?utm_source=FBPOST
https://www.facebook.com/smallrig/videos/1461232000649048/
So DJI better get off their butts and get accessories out there or other companies are gonna eat their lunch on their very own product.

2018-8-10
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer

Classiq Posted at 2018-8-10 15:57
I have this crazy idea. I'd like to use the handles that my Tilta Nucleus-M follow focus system comes with to hold the Ronin S.

[view_image]

Interesting!.. keep in mind, 2214 mounting plate is only available for pre-orders yet with shipping mid September, always give some space for shipping delays, even the Ronin-S itself experiencing lot's of shipping issues.
2018-8-11
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

Im currently working on the same with Nucleus.
Forget the cage, its to heavy and bulky, get a lightweight baseplate with rod attachments. Maybe the Ronin 2 rod mount fits the S dovetaik, havent checked yet, if so, theres the solution.
Im also making a custom cable for powering the Nuc trough RSS port, by modifying a RSS cable, attach a female Dtap to the other end, and plug that in to the Nuc Lemo/dtap.
2018-8-11
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

Posted following last week on another thread

2018-8-11
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-8-11 01:48
Im currently working on the same with Nucleus.
Forget the cage, its to heavy and bulky, get a lightweight baseplate with rod attachments. Maybe the Ronin 2 rod mount fits the S dovetaik, havent checked yet, if so, theres the solution.
Im also making a custom cable for powering the Nuc trough RSS port, by modifying a RSS cable, attach a female Dtap to the other end, and plug that in to the Nuc Lemo/dtap.

Here is the Tilta nucleus M pin configuration  (may help), try go directly toward lemo instead D-tap.

2018-8-11
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>

Rosette adapter is definitely my preferred option with monitors, all the small magic arm rigs always go flimsy and loose on me after a while... (as the threads can loosen when they're loaded in the wrong direction)
smallrig is ordered ;-) now we just have to wait for manufacturing..
2018-8-11
Use props
ElGimby
lvl.1
Germany

I use the Zacuto EVF with a Zacuto Gorilla Plate Bracket on a Gorilla Plate like this (see attached image). The total weight is not increased too much. I can still actively use the stand/handgrip of the Ronin-S. If the Ronin is lifted overhead and the camera points downwards, the external monitor is quite beneficial.

Note: i don't have any relations to Zacuto other than being a customer.
2018-8-12
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Monaco

ElGimby Posted at 2018-8-12 23:47
[view_image]

I use the Zacuto EVF with a Zacuto Gorilla Plate Bracket on a Gorilla Plate like this (see attached image). The total weight is not increased too much. I can still actively use the stand/handgrip of the Ronin-S. If the Ronin is lifted overhead and the camera points downwards, the external monitor is quite beneficial.

Looks good, I'm actually looking for this way of mounting, not on the side with a cheese plate, as it looks way more rigid and reliable. Can you take a pic of the bottom of the plate? or the "closed" tripod to see how it's mounted to the plate. How is the feeling comparing to the direct attachment?
2018-8-13
Use props
Kaptain Katsu
lvl.2

Here is my setup. Been using the M50 a lot since it’s smaller and lighter but I’ve had my 1DX2 on it as well. Camera controls and follow focus work on the 1DX2 but doesn’t on the M50
2018-8-13
Use props
Kaptain Katsu
lvl.2

Picture added.
D68DA5E4-B66D-40EA-991C-BE39CB7CCC25.jpeg
2018-8-13
Use props
Classiq
lvl.1
Canada

Kwan Posted at 2018-8-11 12:08
Posted following last week on another thread
Ravn + Tilta Nucleus + Ronin SRavn + Tilta Nucleus + Ronin S

This is cool. How did you power the Nucleus? What Rosette adapter did you use and how did you mount it?
2018-8-13
Use props
ElGimby
lvl.1
Germany

atercervus Posted at 2018-8-13 01:12
Looks good, I'm actually looking for this way of mounting, not on the side with a cheese plate, as it looks way more rigid and reliable. Can you take a pic of the bottom of the plate? or the "closed" tripod to see how it's mounted to the plate. How is the feeling comparing to the direct attachment?

Sorry for the late reply. Here are two pictures of my setup:

As you can see in the upper image, the tripod/grip is offset a little bit due to the baseplate's thread not being in line with the thread of the Ronin-S. As far as i can tell, it does not affect operation. The downside of this solution is, that the side-arm that carries the EVF lifts the Ronin's stand on one side, so it will not stand upright. But it's still stable enough and does not fall over.
2018-8-15
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Monaco

ElGimby Posted at 2018-8-15 23:10
Sorry for the late reply. Here are two pictures of my setup:

[view_image][view_image]

Thanks a lot! That looks pretty good!
2018-8-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Monitor or microphone stand for DJI Ronin S. A very simple piece that works very well!

Ronin S own screws can be used to attach the holder.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3053049

2018-8-16
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer

Pre-ordered the Smallrig Ronin-S mount, in the meantime got mine like this:

2018-8-17
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2018-8-16 12:52
Monitor or microphone stand for DJI Ronin S. A very simple piece that works very well!

Ronin S own screws can be used to attach the holder.

Great stuff! How strong is that printed mount?
2018-8-17
Use props
laerenceli
lvl.2

Hong Kong

2018-8-20
Use props
laerenceli
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Mini monitor mount
2018-8-21
Use props
atercervus
Second Officer
Monaco

Which mount to the Ronin do you use?
2018-8-22
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

Classiq Posted at 2018-8-13 20:14
This is cool. How did you power the Nucleus? What Rosette adapter did you use and how did you mount it?

Rosette = Small rig 1939
Currently I using D-tap to Nucleus M and looking to build custom cable from Can-bus to Nucleus M.

New video... Getting ready for tomorrow...
Red + Ronin S + Nucleus M..... getting ready for Mañana
2018-8-23
Use props
laerenceli
lvl.2

China

atercervus Posted at 2018-8-22 00:22
Which mount to the Ronin do you use?

this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/store ... 6.15.413e1110rB7zkp
2018-8-24
Use props
JitterBug
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Katsu, can you help me out. I'm a newbie gimbal owner. Just opened the box today, and tried to setup my Ronin S with a Canon 5dmk4 with Rode VideoMic Pro+ on the hot shoe. But I cannot stabilise the ronin with the rode mic attached to the hot shoe.

Would you recommend your mount for my setup? Would it fit the Canon5Dmk4 (also a 5Dmk3 since I have it as a backup)? And is the mount available in Ireland do you know?
2020-7-14
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

not do the microphone on the camera!
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now