Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Login to DJI Assistant
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

Updated the Assistant 2 program today on my WIn 10 box. I can't login because the verification code generator is not visible on the login screen. Uninstalled, cleaned out regedit files, reinstalled and no luck.
Any ideas?

2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Kindly make sure your firewall and antivirus software is off and then reinstall DJI Assistant 2. May I know what specific phantom model you are using?
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 06:24
Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you try to restart the camera?

Camera? What's that got to do with a piece of software on my computer?
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

rexster314 Posted at 2018-8-7 06:34
Camera? What's that got to do with a piece of software on my computer?

I'm sorry about that. What I meant is if you tried to restart the computer.
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-7 06:26
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Kindly make sure your firewall and antivirus software is off and then reinstall DJI Assistant 2. May I know what specific phantom model you are using?

I just uninstalled, turned off all firewall and antivirus software, reinstalled Assistant, and there is not a verification code showing

2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rexster314 Posted at 2018-8-7 06:49
I just uninstalled, turned off all firewall and antivirus software, reinstalled Assistant, and there is not a verification code showing

[view_image]

Do you have another PC to try with? It seems to be the application or internet configuration issue. Please help to confirm which version is your DJI Assistant 2 you? What specific Phantom model are you using?
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

The laptop is using version 1.2.3 and works flawlessly. It keeps me logged in when I close it. Using a Phantom 4Pro +
I doubt I will try to update the laptop
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

Nice, 2 admins jump in within several minutes of my first post, Then nothing. Everyone gone to lunch?
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rexster314 Posted at 2018-8-7 07:08
The laptop is using version 1.2.3 and works flawlessly. It keeps me logged in when I close it. Using a Phantom 4Pro +
I doubt I will try to update the laptop

Kindly click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Do you have a different PC that we can try so that we can isolate the issue?
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-7 10:13
Do you have a different PC to try with? Please click on "Reply" so that I can get notification on your response.

I'm having trouble with my desktop. My laptop, which I mentioned works as it should. The version 2 I just tried to reinstall, does not let me login as the window doesn't show a verification code as shown in my previous picture I attached. The program keeps showing "waiting for backend to  boot"
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-7 10:17
Kindly click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Do you have a different PC that we can try so that we can isolate the issue?

I did that
2018-8-7
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

Ok, got it up and running. Got it figured out once I started playing with the registry on my desktop. I noticed that there were no folders installed in the local user folder in windows registry. That's why I was getting "waiting on backend to boot". After so many installations and uninstallations and nothing working I got this bright idea. I got on my laptop, opened regedit and found 3 DJI folders in the Local User folder. I exported those files to a thumb drive and then went back to my desktop, opened up regedit, and imported those 3 folders into Local User folder. Rebooted the computer clicked on DJI Assistant (newest version) clicked through the Agree To buttons, clicked on the sign in button, and there was my generated verification code ready to enter. Used my regular DJI login credentials, filled in the verification code, and I was logged in. Hooked up the Phantom, it connected right away and while I had it connected, recalibrated the proximity sensors successfully.

I'm happy now
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rexster314 Posted at 2018-8-7 13:45
Ok, got it up and running. Got it figured out once I started playing with the registry on my desktop. I noticed that there were no folders installed in the local user folder in windows registry. That's why I was getting "waiting on backend to boot". After so many installations and uninstallations and nothing working I got this bright idea. I got on my laptop, opened regedit and found 3 DJI folders in the Local User folder. I exported those files to a thumb drive and then went back to my desktop, opened up regedit, and imported those 3 folders into Local User folder. Rebooted the computer clicked on DJI Assistant (newest version) clicked through the Agree To buttons, clicked on the sign in button, and there was my generated verification code ready to enter. Used my regular DJI login credentials, filled in the verification code, and I was logged in. Hooked up the Phantom, it connected right away and while I had it connected, recalibrated the proximity sensors successfully.

I'm happy now

I'm glad to hear that. If it is convenient for you, please provide a sample video on how did you resolve the issue. Hopefully, it can also help other co-pilots here. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-8
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-8 01:34
I'm glad to hear that. If it is convenient for you, please provide a sample video on how did you resolve the issue. Hopefully, it can also help other co-pilots here. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

No, no video. It's all keyboard and mouse work which would prove very boring if I videoed it. My resolution is the narrative I posted yesterday.
A word: What I did is usually not advised to do for a lot of people who are unfamiliar on what and how the registry on a Windows computer does. Messing with it without knowing the consequences can lead to having to reinstall Windows on the computer.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules