DJI Go 4 on Android
1297 14 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
santinelli
lvl.1
United States

Hi folks, looks like the go 4 app is crashing in Android P. Was working fine while Android P was in beta and now that it is released it is no longer working.

Any ideas when it will work again?  Thanns
2018-8-7
Use props
Eric1Lakers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235226 ft

Having the same issues. Really dissapointed with DJI and the lack of Android support.
2018-8-7
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Mine did the same thing.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it started working.  I just hope it stays working.
2018-8-7
Use props
santinelli
lvl.1
United States

kgeissler Posted at 2018-8-7 14:46
Mine did the same thing.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it started working.  I just hope it stays working.

Ok that is the strangest thing.  I uninstalled and re-installed and it seems to be working.  Makes no sense, I cleared cache and cleared data on the app with no luck.

Well at least its working now.  Maybe it has something to do with that resource unzip it is doing.

Thanks!!!
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi santinelli, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Could you refer below and export the crash log for better assistance? Thanks in advance!

/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric1Lakers Posted at 2018-8-7 11:05
Having the same issues. Really dissapointed with DJI and the lack of Android support.

Hi Eric, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you refer 5#  to offer the mobile device and export the crash log? We'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks so much!
2018-8-8
Use props
santinelli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 22:54
Hi santinelli, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Could you refer below and export the crash log for better assistance? Thanks in advance!

/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH

Hi Susan, right now it seems to be working, after I uninstalled and reinstall (Very strange).  This happened when I went from Android P Beta to final release Android P.

Version of the app that is now currently working is 4.2.21

Maybe something to do with the resource file you guys have unzipping during the first run did it, but it is working now.

Steve
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

santinelli Posted at 2018-8-9 04:28
Hi Susan, right now it seems to be working, after I uninstalled and reinstall (Very strange).  This happened when I went from Android P Beta to final release Android P.

Version of the app that is now currently working is 4.2.21

Alright, glad to hear it works now. If the issue appears again, please feel free to contact us.
2018-8-10
Use props
santinelli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-10 02:22
Alright, glad to hear it works now. If the issue appears again, please feel free to contact us.

Will do, thanks!
2018-8-10
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

Well my joy was short lived.  Next day, the app kept crashing on the splash screen again.  I am running Android Pie with the latest version of the DJI app on my Pixel 2XL.  I knew it was too good to be true.  I guess I have a paperweight until DJI can figure it out.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kgeissler Posted at 2018-8-10 14:17
Well my joy was short lived.  Next day, the app kept crashing on the splash screen again.  I am running Android Pie with the latest version of the DJI app on my Pixel 2XL.  I knew it was too good to be true.  I guess I have a paperweight until DJI can figure it out.

Sorry about this. Could you refer the 5# and export the crash log for analysis?
2018-8-13
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 06:05
Sorry about this. Could you refer the 5# and export the crash log for analysis?

I do not have a crash sub directory.  

If you click the app icon, it will flash the DJI splash screen for a second then closes.  Probably not long enough to create a crash log.  If you uninstall/reinstall the app, it will work for about 6-8 hours, then start crashing again.  Only solution is to uninstall/reinstall.  It is a vicious circle.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kgeissler Posted at 2018-8-13 10:13
I do not have a crash sub directory.  [view_image]

If you click the app icon, it will flash the DJI splash screen for a second then closes.  Probably not long enough to create a crash log.  If you uninstall/reinstall the app, it will work for about 6-8 hours, then start crashing again.  Only solution is to uninstall/reinstall.  It is a vicious circle.

So sorry about this. Could you send the whole LOG file: /DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG? We'll check and keep optimizing the experience.
2018-8-15
Use props
kgeissler
lvl.2

The new version in the Google Play Store seems to have fixed the crashing on startup on my Pixel 2 XL.
2018-8-16
Use props
santinelli
lvl.1
United States

kgeissler Posted at 2018-8-16 05:17
The new version in the Google Play Store seems to have fixed the crashing on startup on my Pixel 2 XL.

Cool, I'll give it a try this weekend, last weekend I just used my iphone, and although was working great stand alone, when I attached it to my controller, it just kept disconnecting.  Stand alone was fine.

I'll give my pixel xl a try with and without the controller and report back.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules