4533 12 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

How to get HDR/Bracket/burst mode etc. on Phantom 3 Pro
This might be old news, but I couldn't find it in the manual or under settings.
Press and hold the shutter button and a menu slides out. Select what you want and you are good to go.

menu

menu

2015-5-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I think I found this in my manual. Oh, that's right - there isn't a manual!

Yes, I had seen that from someone else, very much by accident. I din't find it either on my own or by research either one!

With the shutter button(s) available on the controller, I've tended, thus far, to keep my hands off the screen of my mobile device.
2015-5-25
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

Manual is here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
2015-5-25
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
United States

cascadeflyer Posted at 2015-5-26 01:24

I don't see the part about the hidden menu or these settings in the manual. Is it right in front of my face? I want to make sure I'm not missing stuff.
2015-5-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

cascadeflyer Posted at 2015-5-26 01:24

Thanks for the link. I have that manual. I was being sarcastic - didn't you see my sign that says sarcasm?
LOL

I was being sarcastic because there is indeed a manual, but there's been an awful lot discovered in the app that isn't in a manual. Said manual provides a highlight of a lot of things but often not very much detail in areas where one needs a lot of detail.
2015-5-25
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Most of the items listed in the various sub-menus aren't found in the P3P  users manual. The DJI Pilot app has no written or electronic manual.

When you look at any of the screen grabs showing the menus, if you search for that term, mostly comes up as not found in the P3P manual.

DJI has done a very poor job with documentation for this quad. You would think for the price being charged that they would have at least basic documentation of both the quad and the Pilot app.
2015-5-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

gregg1r@mindspr Posted at 2015-5-26 02:06
Most of the items listed in the various sub-menus aren't found in the P3P  users manual. The DJI Pil ...

This is my first model of any of the Phantoms. However, from what I've read both here and in a couple of other forums, the modus operandi seems to be having the users doing the beta testing.

The best "manuals" I've seen so far are hints, tips and screenshots from other users. Oh, and YouTube.
2015-5-25
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

So what does the HDR setting do Vs. the 3 shot AEB burst? Does the P3 combine the three HDR shots or do I have to do this in post? How can I control the EV spread?

I tried HDR today and ended up with a -.3 EV, a +.3EV and a +1 EV...???
2015-5-28
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
United States

When I shoot burst, I get three (or whatever I selected) and when I shoot bracket(AEB burst) I get what you describe above. I can then use them to merge in Photoshop. When I have used the  HDR setting, I only get one picture and it seems to be sorta like a HDR shot on an iPhone. It is a really slow shot I might mention.
2015-5-28
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-29 05:48
So what does the HDR setting do Vs. the 3 shot AEB burst? Does the P3 combine the three HDR shots or ...

When I shoot burst, I get three (or whatever I selected) and when I shoot bracket(AEB burst) I get what you describe above. I can then use them to merge in Photoshop. When I have used the  HDR setting, I only get one picture and it seems to be sorta like a HDR shot on an iPhone. It is a really slow shot I might mention.
2015-5-28
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
lvl.4

Slovenia

Hi guys!
I'm sorry if my issue is out of subject in some way. I'm considering purchasing a hidden camera in install in the office. I read reviews on hidden cameras here https://secretstorages.com/best-hidden-cameras/ . We have a with somebody stealing drinks from the office fridge. I need someting small and invisible. The price is also a concern - the lower, the better
2018-3-14
Use props
randyclark
New

Philippines

fansdf7d83d7 Posted at 2018-3-14 07:01
Hi guys!
I'm sorry if my issue is out of subject in some way. I'm considering purchasing a hidden camera in install in the office. I read reviews on hidden cameras here https://secretstorages.com/best-hidden-cameras/ . We have a with somebody stealing drinks from the office fridge. I need someting small and invisible. The price is also a concern - the lower, the better

When engaged, does it have features as home security cameras?
2018-10-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

On the subject of manual ....

The basics never change and that is what the manual is aimed at providing - basic info to fly safely.

Additional info as to extended functions etc. - because the FW was changing frequently / Go app as well - can you imagine the Tech Writers job trying to keep up with it ? Not only that - but then publicising its new version ... and that there are many who don't bother to download manuals anyway !

I have no reason to defend DJI ... just making what I think is a logical comment.

Nigel
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules