New 5.8 Ghz Remote Control Gimbal dial won't work on my 1st gen Vision Plus
4682 13 2014-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51998 ft
United States

I just got the New 5.8 Ghz remote control with the left side dial in the mail today for my 1st gen Vision Plus (1 month old). Everything seems to be working 4 green lights on full power, tagle switch S1 and S2 in Naza M mode, I can even turn the motors on except for one important thing which is the reason why I bought this - the dial to control the tilt of the gimbal "NOT RESPONDING". It's not communicating with the gimbal. I bound the remote control and the Vision plus copter together. I'm out of options- if somebody had expirience  this can you please shed some light on this issue. I have the RC assistant 1.1v and Phantom 3.6v and I did not upgrade the remote because there is no upgrade for it I did select the "upgrade transmitter" option on the Phantom assistant program. Am I missing something??? Please help..Thanks.
2014-11-3
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

My best guess would be that you need to do an update to the Zen IMU -- the latest 1.0.0.6 update supports the new controller. (see attached screen grab)

ZEN IMU update 1006.gif
2014-11-4
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-5 09:47
My best guess would be that you need to do an update to the Zen IMU -- the latest 1.0.0.6 update sup ...

Thank you gil, I will check on this.
2014-11-4
Use props
kris
New

United States

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-5 10:49

Hi there - I am having the same problem.  Did the camera software update fix the problem?
2014-11-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has to be updated for the wheel to work correctly.
2014-11-20
Use props
kris
New

United States

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-5 10:49

I upgraded everything and still no luck.  I do notice the tilt knob works some before I sign on with the phantom wifi.  Once my iPhone is connected via wifi the tilt knob does not work.
2014-11-20
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

kris@tripleplay Posted at 2014-11-21 08:51
Hi there - I am having the same problem.  Did the camera software update fix the problem?

Kris - Yes, mine is fixed. Try this uninstall your current PV2+ assistant software and the RC assistant software and re-install them again with the latest version. After re-installing hook up the USB to your transmitter from your computer , turn on the transmitter then open the  RC assistant software and calibrate the transmitter  by moving the STICKS and  DIAL. You should see  the X1 cursor moving as you turn the dial from end to end and the gimbal should also move smoothly. Now turn off the transmitter and unplug the USB and close the RC assistant program.  Now while the PV2+ is turned off turn on  the transmitter, plug the USB to the PT2+ and  turn it on then open the PV2+ assistant software .Under "basic" tab   click "RC" now under the "transmitter version" select the "upgrade version" then do 2 calibrations  1st click "start" under the "command sticks calibration"  move  the  left and right sticks on all corners by rotating them as far as it can go after that do the 2nd calibration click "start" under "sticks monitor" move the dial on your transmitter and toggle the S1 and S2 switch up and down. Finally just check if DIAL on the transmitter is communicating with the gimbal. Unplug USB connection and power cycle your transmitter and P2V+. Hope this helps . Good luck!
2014-11-20
Use props
zirhcproduction
New

Malaysia

This may be dumb question. Im planning to purchase the new transmittr with the gimbal dial. Can i just buy the transmittr and make it work? Or must i buy the receiver and the range extender as well? My P2V+ is the first gen model PV331 and transmitter model is PVT581. Please advice. Thanks guys.
2014-11-24
Use props
drone7
lvl.2
United States

zirhcproduction - You just need to buy the New 5.8GHz Remote Control (left dial, built-in Lipo battery) and  you can use your existing WiFi    extender from your old transmitter that you have. I have the same Phantom2 Vision Plus the new transmitter will come with just the WiFi holder. You would love this new transmitter the dial is so smooth way better than using the iPad app and the battery (built in Lipo) last very long. I have used mine 3 flights with 40 mins each flight because I have 2 batteries and the new transmitter power is still in full charged. Just follow the calibration process I posted above and you should not have any problem. Good luck!
2014-11-25
Use props
zirhcproduction
New

Malaysia

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-26 09:01
zirhcproduction - You just need to buy the New 5.8GHz Remote Control (left dial, built-in Lipo batte ...

Thanks alot drone7.. Gonna go get it!
2014-11-26
Use props
chickenwarrior
New

United States

zirhcproduction Posted at 2014-11-27 12:35
Thanks alot drone7.. Gonna go get it!

Drone7 - This was the fix for me as well.  I could operate the camera with the wheel until I opened the app, then it would quit. Once I followed all your instructions, it all now works perfectly.  Thanks!
2015-1-4
Use props
jeffandsherry
New

United States

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-21 11:56
Kris - Yes, mine is fixed. Try this uninstall your current PV2+ assistant software and the RC assis ...

thank you very much. the support at dji offered no help other than take it back to where i got it and see if they can help
.,thanks for your help
2015-1-14
Use props
Rherb89
New

United States

drone7 Posted at 2014-11-21 11:56
Kris - Yes, mine is fixed. Try this uninstall your current PV2+ assistant software and the RC assis ...

Drone 7
YOU ARE THE MAN : )   Did like you said only thing is on a MAC just download the updated version of both software and have it overwrite the older version then continue as you said : )   Why DJI did not include this in the box is beyond me .. but many thanks i was getting worried for for a while ..  I will share what i have learned today from you with others as well...

Thanks
2015-1-17
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

http://www.quadcopterguide.com/f ... l-on-dji-phantom-2/
2015-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules