12Next >
46989 62 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3537e3b0
lvl.3
United States

Hey,

I just got my Ronin S and it's my first gimbal ever owned and operate. I can fairly I balanced the gimbal pretty well I believe, at certain angle's however the camera still moves but for the most part, it's pretty still. However, when I operate there are some occasions where I just pan and the gimbal does a mini shake and when I turn the whole gimbal on it's side it vibrates with loud noise. I'm just wondering if that is normal or is it because of balancing issues. I have done the autotune and it still does vibrates and shakes. Any advice would help.

Thanks!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-8-8
Use props
fans3537e3b0
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 23:38
Hi there, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Hello, here are the two videos demonstrating the problems I'm having. I have an 80 D balanced and used autotune. For balancing for the most part every angle is staying perfectly still, same with the tilt.  For the first video its when I turn the handle and quickly go the other way it vibrates. I don't know if its because the motor is trying to catch up or its something else.
Trouble Shoot 1
Trouble Shoot 2
2018-8-9
Use props
Rieder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Denmark

I have the exact same problem with a Sony A6500. I've balanced it per DJI's intruction video. I did a balance test and it says excellent on all motors. When I pan from side to side I can feel the motors  all the way down the handle. If I tilt it sideays (like you do in your second video), the gimbal vibrates violently.

I use the latest firmware.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3537e3b0 Posted at 2018-8-9 08:41
Hello, here are the two videos demonstrating the problems I'm having. I have an 80 D balanced and used autotune. For balancing for the most part every angle is staying perfectly still, same with the tilt.  For the first video its when I turn the handle and quickly go the other way it vibrates. I don't know if its because the motor is trying to catch up or its something else.
Trouble Shoot 1
Trouble Shoot 2

Sorry for the late response. I'll check with our engineers and will come back later.
2018-8-13
Use props
pocketska
New
United States

I also have the same shake as the 2nd attached video. This occurs when angling the Ronin-S 45 degrees to the right or left.

I'm using a Nikon D750 and a 24-70 lens.
2018-8-13
Use props
TheLazerCow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277592 ft

same problem here
2018-8-14
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also encountered some vibrations from time to time but these are quite rarely. On the other hand my Moza Air or Feiyu G6s don´t show any vibrations anytime.

Maybe I´m wrong, but I guess the controller algorithms are suboptimal designed. I investigated the step response in the pan axis and the result is something like PT1 element behaviour, but not exactly, especially in the "end" settling takes forever.

We usally find PT1 elements in controllers for the damped feedback e.g.. The problem I see, when this algorithm is also used in that way in the motor controllers is, that the response accelerates first (becoming to fast) and then after "the knee" to slow. This may make a controller unstable and so may lead to vibrations.
Only the engineers can investigate here and answear that question since I can only have a look at the response of the whole unit that may be influenced by other or combination of algorithms.

I´m also an electrical engineer and were faced with similar problems already when I studied. I developed my own algorithms for integer processing since I had to learn floating point was to slow that days on the Motorola 68HC12 that had to be used. I had to be careful with divisions that became 0 where the controlled value hadn´t already settled. So I worked with summed up division rests and so succeeded with precise and fast working algorithms.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3537e3b0 Posted at 2018-8-9 08:41
Trouble Shoot 1
Trouble Shoot 2

Checked with our engineers, this issue will be optimized in the future firmware update. Currently, you may tilt the grip a little forward to see whether it helps.
2018-8-15
Use props
HanSoloYang
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 04:52
Checked with our engineers, this issue will be optimized in the future firmware update. Currently, you may tilt the grip a little forward to see whether it helps.

Umm ok... So you're saying that this is normal and its a troubleshoot with firmware?
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HanSoloYang Posted at 2018-8-15 10:08
Umm ok... So you're saying that this is normal and its a troubleshoot with firmware?

Yes, our engineers are keeping optimizing the experience and would like to bring more features via the firmware update. Thanks for your patience.
2018-8-16
Use props
HanSoloYang
lvl.3
United States

So I fixed one of the problems.  Ever since I updated the firmware the micro stutters disappeared.  So half of this problem from this thread is solved.
2018-8-30
Use props
sethumbenhauer
New
Flight distance : 532759 ft

I'm also having vibration issues. Tech support and firmware updates aren't able to solve it. Very disappointed because I fell in love with the Ronin-S on my first shoot and by my second shoot it has become unusable because there is just too much vibration.  
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
United States

Run the latest firmware. The initial firmware wasn't designed to allow you to go to the side like these videos plus you would never need to go to those angles when you're actually shooting.
2018-8-31
Use props
djiovic
lvl.1
Philippines

Mine too. I'm having this vibration issue, everytime i power on the gimbal it vibrates too much to which i'm not able to use it. Sadly i had the chance to choose between ronin-s over zhiyun crane 2 because of the good reviews of ronin-s, but now i can't use my ronin-s.. I hope this will be addressed soon by DJI technical support
2018-9-13
Use props
HanSoloYang
lvl.3
United States

djiovic Posted at 2018-9-13 15:41
Mine too. I'm having this vibration issue, everytime i power on the gimbal it vibrates too much to which i'm not able to use it. Sadly i had the chance to choose between ronin-s over zhiyun crane 2 because of the good reviews of ronin-s, but now i can't use my ronin-s.. I hope this will be addressed soon by DJI technical support

I fixed mine with the new firmware update.
2018-9-15
Use props
djiovic
lvl.1
Philippines

HanSoloYang Posted at 2018-9-15 01:40
I fixed mine with the new firmware update.

sir, i've done updating the firmware successfully, but when i check on the ronin app it states that firmware fail to fetch firmware version.. any idea on this matter sir? thank you
2018-9-16
Use props
RANDMVISION
New
United States

I am having the same issue, I have an a6300 and used to use a crane 1 and It broke so I "upgraded" to the dji ronin s and I love everything about it but my footage. its all shaky no matter what I do , I am a full time videographer  and photographer so this is a little disappointing. I am pretty sure I updated all my firmware and still am running into this problem, what can be done ?
2018-12-13
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-16 20:29
Yes, our engineers are keeping optimizing the experience and would like to bring more features via the firmware update. Thanks for your patience.

Question, so I bought a ronin s, but I'm getting shake/jitters when using it. I asked Parker's FTF community which I'm apart of and they said this wasn't normal. I updated the firmwares, made sure it was balanced properly over and over, but before I sent it back and replaced, I wanted to know from a representative/dji employee if this is normal?  They said I shouldn't have to rely on ibis to get it smooth.

It also does a nasty hissing sound whenever I playback videos on my sony a6500 or go into 60fps recording mode (its on airplane mode and not even connected to the gimbal electronically or by any wires). Is this normal, and does it damage the motors?

I tried to post the links, but your site won't let me

2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 12-20 07:56
Question, so I bought a ronin s, but I'm getting shake/jitters when using it. I asked Parker's FTF community which I'm apart of and they said this wasn't normal. I updated the firmwares, made sure it was balanced properly over and over, but before I sent it back and replaced, I wanted to know from a representative/dji employee if this is normal?  They said I shouldn't have to rely on ibis to get it smooth.

Hi BJ42, thanks for reaching us. May I have the version number the shake video for double check? If it cannot be uploaded to the forum properly, please kindly upload the Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link, it will be OK.
2018-12-22
Use props
Wheres All Dough
New

United States

Hi everyone. I had the same issue with the vibrating and I had already updated to the most recent firmware. I fixed the vibrating all around by going on the Ronin App. Going to Configuration tab. Going to Motor Parameter. Set the aggressive level to "low". Then right under the "stiffness" header you have the (pan, tilt, and roll). Change those numbers to any value you feel works for you under "25".  Mines were Pan 36, Tilt 44, roll 42. I changed them all to 25 and the vibrating was completely gone. The lower the number the jolting the movement will be. Just try low numbers and move the joystick and you will see what I mean. High numbers will make your movement vibrate like crazzy.

Hope it helps anyone having this issue.
Cheers!!

@wheresalldough
2018-12-22
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-22 01:08
Hi BJ42, thanks for reaching us. May I have the version number the shake video for double check? If it cannot be uploaded to the forum properly, please kindly upload the Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link, it will be OK.

Hi Susan thanks for taking time to reply back.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by version number?

Here is video of what the footage looks like (its been autotuned, updated, balance tested with excellent on all axis, etc...)  

Here is the noise problem, I want to know if this is normal and if it damages the motors? People have commented on my video saying they have the same problem.

2018-12-24
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-22 01:08

Here is video of what the footage looks like (its been autotuned, updated, balance tested with excellent on all axis, etc...)  

Here is the noise problem, I want to know if this is normal and if it damages the motors? People have commented on my video saying they have the same problem.

2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 12-24 09:03

Sorry for the confusion. The version number we mentioned here is the firmware version of the Ronin S. Just to verify, all screws on the Gimbal has been mounted tightly, right? Does the gimbal shake when it is in still status? If yes, please kindly provide the screenshot of motor parameter, we'll double check, thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
Simone Bonini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29396 ft
Italy

Hello Susan, I have the same problem as BJ42
2018-12-26
Use props
Simone Bonini
lvl.1
Italy

I have already sent the ronin to dji holland but I have been told that it does not present any problems. I made all the necessary calibrations, I followed all the tutorials, done the autotune but nothing to do. I have Sony a6300 with Sigma 16mm f1.4
2018-12-26
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 00:45
Sorry for the confusion. The version number we mentioned here is the firmware version of the Ronin S. Just to verify, all screws on the Gimbal has been mounted tightly, right? Does the gimbal shake when it is in still status? If yes, please kindly provide the screenshot of motor parameter, we'll double check, thank you!

Sure thing, the app version is 1.1.6(115) and I'll send the rest of the info you need when I get back home. I don't have the gimbal with me right now, but once I get home I'll send it.

Yep, the screws and hinges are definitely all secure (I always go more tight than loose).  As for still status, it does not shake as far as I can see, I'm assuming still status means when its on the tripod legs on the ground.
2018-12-27
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90515 ft
United States

I'm having a similar problem with my Canon 5d Mkiii. There is a side to side shake throughout video, but more prevalent at the very end. Firmware is the most recent (v 1.7.0.60) Balance test was excellent.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 12-27 13:14
Sure thing, the app version is 1.1.6(115) and I'll send the rest of the info you need when I get back home. I don't have the gimbal with me right now, but once I get home I'll send it.

Yep, the screws and hinges are definitely all secure (I always go more tight than loose).  As for still status, it does not shake as far as I can see, I'm assuming still status means when its on the tripod legs on the ground.

Thanks for the clarification. We'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Simone Bonini Posted at 12-26 02:37
I have already sent the ronin to dji holland but I have been told that it does not present any problems. I made all the necessary calibrations, I followed all the tutorials, done the autotune but nothing to do. I have Sony a6300 with Sigma 16mm f1.4

Hi Simone, could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GeorgeMC Posted at 12-27 20:52
I'm having a similar problem with my Canon 5d Mkiii. There is a side to side shake throughout video, but more prevalent at the very end. Firmware is the most recent (v 1.7.0.60) Balance test was excellent.

Hi GeorgeMC, does the gimbal shake when shooting still,? If not, you may pay attention to the vertical direction and try to use Ninja walk.
2018-12-28
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-28 01:32
Thanks for the clarification. We'll be here waiting for your update.

Here is a video of the footage with 16mm vs 35mm just in case you wanted to see it.

Here are the pics

Smooth track for tilt and roll are off on that mode. If you need more screenshots let me know
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 12-28 11:54
Here is a video of the footage with 16mm vs 35mm just in case you wanted to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtDzLaw_-I&feature=youtu.be

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers to check and will keep you updated.
2018-12-29
Use props
aronlanter95
lvl.1
Italy

I sent ronin twice to Holland. This is my RMA ticket WMG44LRWB. The problem is more evident with non-stabilized lenses. Obviously the Ronin should perfectly stabilize any lens, both those stabilized and those not stabilized. With the sigma 16mm f1.4 I'm going crazy to find a correct parameter. I have a ronin M and I tried to mount the same configuration. The shots are perfect so I think it's a problem with this ronin S.
2018-12-29
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-28 01:43
Hi GeorgeMC, does the gimbal shake when shooting still,? If not, you may pay attention to the vertical direction and try to use Ninja walk.

Hi DJI Susan
Thank you for your response. This clip was taken without any body movement. As you can see there is still a slight shaking

2018-12-30
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

GeorgeMC Posted at 12-30 11:07
Hi DJI Susan
Thank you for your response. This clip was taken without any body movement. As you can see there is still a slight shaking

Is that with the latest firmware update?  Edit: nvm saw your previous post.
2018-12-31
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

BJ42 Posted at 12-31 06:23
Is that with the latest firmware update?  Edit: nvm saw your previous post.

Yes it is with the latest firmware update
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GeorgeMC Posted at 12-30 11:07
Hi DJI Susan

Hi GeorgeMC, could you refer to 32# and send us the parameters of the motor for double check?
2018-12-31
Use props
Skiiys
lvl.1
Réunion

Hi, I have the same problem, I have a fuji XT3 the footage looks horrible and shaky on the side.
2019-1-1
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Susan

2019-1-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now