Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Ronin S Vibrate and mini Shake
46983 62 2018-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigds5555
lvl.1

United States

sound like not quite balanced completely. I had this problem, restarted balancing from square 1 and it fixed problem
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 2018-12-28 11:54
Here is a video of the footage with 16mm vs 35mm just in case you wanted to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtDzLaw_-I&feature=youtu.be

Hi BJ42, I just realized that Mindy has responded you in your own post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1697428 Please kindly check the latest response from our engineers and keep us updated there, thanks!
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Well received, for your situation, please try to auto tune and recenter to check the motor parameters. If the gimbal drifts when shooting still, please do system calibration and joysticks calibration to see whether it works.
2019-1-2
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-2 03:45
Hi BJ42, I just realized that Mindy has responded you in your own post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=175386&page=1#pid1697428 Please kindly check the latest response from our engineers and keep us updated there, thanks!

Awesome, thank you very much Susan.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BJ42 Posted at 1-2 06:17
Awesome, thank you very much Susan.

More than happy to help.
2019-1-3
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90515 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-2 04:13
Well received, for your situation, please try to auto tune and recenter to check the motor parameters. If the gimbal drifts when shooting still, please do system calibration and joysticks calibration to see whether it works.

Thanks Susan
It seems like the system calibration might have worked.
It appears to be much better now
Thank You!
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GeorgeMC Posted at 1-3 14:21
Thanks Susan
It seems like the system calibration might have worked.
It appears to be much better now

Glad to hear it helps. Wish you have a good time!
2019-1-6
Use props
fansa7bb1372
New

India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-8 23:38
Hi there, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Same issue is happening with me....i am operating my canon mark 3 and its motor starts shaking random times.....moreover when i walk to have some shots my camera shakes horizontally pls help me
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa7bb1372 Posted at 1-20 00:35
Same issue is happening with me....i am operating my canon mark 3 and its motor starts shaking random times.....moreover when i walk to have some shots my camera shakes horizontally pls help me

Hi there, just to verify, the gimbal camera is balanced properly? If yes, you may try to calibrate the auto tune and see whether it helps.
2019-1-21
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

DJI Susan Posted at 1-6 22:59
Glad to hear it helps. Wish you have a good time!

Hi there!

I have exactly same situation. The camera shakes sideways and the overall image is not stable enough, no matter how hard i'm trying to ninja walk.

I tried auto tune, all the recalibrations, nothing worked.

IMG_5339.PNG
2019-2-14
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

gmanthegman Posted at 2-14 09:55
Hi there!

I have exactly same situation. The camera shakes sideways and the overall image is not stable enough, no matter how hard i'm trying to ninja walk.

I have the same problem...but just on the pan axis. I've tried everything. I will take my Ronin S to service next week because a video is unusable .
2019-2-15
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hi there!

I have the same problem...but just on the pan axis. I've tried everything. I will take my Ronin S to service next week because a video is unusable.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 2-15 11:52
I have the same problem...but just on the pan axis. I've tried everything. I will take my Ronin S to service next week because a video is unusable.

Sorry about that. Hope everything goes smoothly. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there!

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, all screws on the Gimbal have been mounted tightly, right? Does the gimbal shake when it is in still status? It will be better to upload a short issue video, we'll double check, thank you!
2019-2-18
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 23:05
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, all screws on the Gimbal have been mounted tightly, right? Does the gimbal shake when it is in still status? It will be better to upload a short issue video, we'll double check, thank you!

Hi there, again.

All the screws are mounted tightly. There is some shake when I'm just holding the gimbal, but it gets very obvious every time I try to walk. After some recalibrations and autotunes, the shaking seems less vivid, but it's still there.

Here is the video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... d4Cd1vRg96xAFckmcEQ
Overall, the gimbal acts unpredictably. The shake does have a presence, yet in different amounts.

I use only one camera/lens setup and it seems balanced perfectly.
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gmanthegman Posted at 2-22 23:14
Hi there, again.

All the screws are mounted tightly. There is some shake when I'm just holding the gimbal, but it gets very obvious every time I try to walk. After some recalibrations and autotunes, the shaking seems less vivid, but it's still there.

May I know which camera and lens do you use? If the gimbal shakes when just holding it, you may re-balance and check again.
2019-2-24
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

DJI Susan Posted at 2-24 20:10
May I know which camera and lens do you use? If the gimbal shakes when just holding it, you may re-balance and check again.

I'm using Fuji XT-3 with 23mm. It looks like I've been balancing it perfectly based on numerous tutorials and my own experience. The camera and lens don't have image stabilization, but still I could get a better result with the other non-stabilized camera and gimbal.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gmanthegman Posted at 2-25 04:58
I'm using Fuji XT-3 with 23mm. It looks like I've been balancing it perfectly based on numerous tutorials and my own experience. The camera and lens don't have image stabilization, but still I could get a better result with the other non-stabilized camera and gimbal.

Generally, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. If this case only appears in this camera, you may consider balancing weight or similar to check.
2019-2-27
Use props
yadha.studio
lvl.1
Iran

Hello
I just bought Ronin S
I first updated Ronin with the latest software
I have a Canon 80D -  24mml 2.8 lens.
The device vibrates after it is turned on.
I know this is because of the light weight of the camera
What should I do to fix this problem?
2019-10-17
Use props
tai_mingle
lvl.2
United States

Same issue here. I have balanced it to the best of my ability (with a Canon 5D Mark iii) and the roll axis vibrate like crazy. Latest software, excellent balance. Don't know whats wrong.
2019-11-14
Use props
Max Mar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453271 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-2-24 20:10

I have the exact same problem with the Ronin SC camera XT3 18-55 lens, on the roll axis. I have these micro vibrations. The gimbal is perfectly calibrated. What can I do? Since August, no firmware has been able to solve the problem. Help me
2020-1-19
Use props
Max Mar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453271 ft
Italy

Max Mar Posted at 1-19 00:41
I have the exact same problem with the Ronin SC camera XT3 18-55 lens, on the roll axis. I have these micro vibrations. The gimbal is perfectly calibrated. What can I do? Since August, no firmware has been able to solve the problem. Help me

* micro shake image
2020-1-19
Use props
Bambasik
New
Germany

Hello !
I hope I can bring the thread back to life. I recently bought the Ronin SC combo Pro. Juhhhu!!!
Well, after balancing and auto tune I start to recording like quentin tarantino to create an unexpected twist...
I saw the movement fluently on the camera screen and felt a tingling of joy ! Cut ! Done!

Finally, when I editing the recording material on the computer I noticed a shake or vibration on the image when I was following an object like a Ninja (you can see that well when you look to sides of the moving image - you see an vibration or something like that)

is that normal ? Shouldn't it look completely fluid? What kind of fine adjustment should i set and which axes are decisive?

I use; A6300 + E 50 mm F 1.8 OSS

Please help. Thank you!
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules