First Time Nightime Picture (Space Needle)
1834 14 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toddstevenson
lvl.2

United States

Video of flight will follow.

Space Needle

Space Needle
2015-5-25
Use props
Parker08
lvl.2

United States

Nice, how long was your shutter speed?
2015-5-25
Use props
sergioanguizola
lvl.1

Panama

please specify your settings
2015-5-25
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Very nice photo
2015-5-25
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Sweet shot, Todd
2015-5-25
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Holy Crap!! What was that shot with?   
2015-5-25
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

awesome,How long was the shutter speed? 3sec?
2015-5-25
Use props
toddstevenson
lvl.2

United States

I'll look to see the exact settings for this picture as I was playing with several settings for different pictures.  I was primarily playing with ISO, and not shutter speed (simply to determine the noise results at the highest ISO).  If memory serves me correctly, this picture was taken at the highest ISO, with default shutter speed.  Was with the P3P.
2015-5-25
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

toddstevenson Posted at 2015-5-26 08:53
I'll look to see the exact settings for this picture as I was playing with several settings for diff ...

Great shots.  Just be really careful.  An amazon employee was almost thrown in jail for flying his P2 near the Space Needle.  Almost all of the airspace in downtown is offlimits due to the Helicopters and small planes that fly.  I would be careful about posting a public link with your video as well.  They (the FAA and/or Seattle Police) will track you down and bust/fine you.
Please be super careful flying.  Have fun!!!!
2015-5-25
Use props
toddstevenson
lvl.2

United States

mackie1604 Posted at 2015-5-26 11:39
Great shots.  Just be really careful.  An amazon employee was almost thrown in jail for flying his ...

Pleased you enjoyed the picture.  i appreciate the warning of caution, but your statements are not entirely accurate.  The Amazon employee was merely questioned because reports were made that he crashed into the space needle.  After police investigated the video, which showed no crash, the investigation was over. No "almost thrown in jail".   It is true that most of South downtown Seattle is a no fly zone without prior ATC contact/permission, due to the 5 mile restriction of nearby Boeing Field.  This picture is well clear of that area.  Other than the standard limits the FAA impose (under 400ft not within 5 miles of an airport) there is not currently a morritorium on flying drones in Seattle, and neither the FAA nor the SPD will issue fines for not breaking these rules.  So I don't think posting this picture, or my video would be a cause for any authorities action.

Of course being careful, to avoid harm to person or property is always a fair caution, I do take those things very seriously.  I, as all should, researched local regulations prior to my flight, chose a 2am flight time over a closed area of the park (it's quite populated during the daytime, so although technically not illegal...risky if there is a flight failure)...stayed well below 400ft, and always kept my bird in line of sight.

I think it's important to be accurate and not toss out phrases like "thrown in jail", "bust", and "fine" that are uniformed (not trying to be contradictory, just feel others reading these statements might find them misleading and inflammatory).  Although I can't say there is zero possibility to property damage (my drone could have damaged a commercial building roof if it fell out of the sky--no people, cars or residential buildings under my flight path)--I did follow all regulations, and chose a time/flight path with safety as a priority.
2015-5-26
Use props
toddstevenson
lvl.2

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-5-26 08:02
awesome,How long was the shutter speed? 3sec?

Here are the stats of the photo...

SpaceNeedleStats

SpaceNeedleStats
2015-5-26
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I'll look to see the exact settings for this picture as I was playing with several settings for diff ...

Check the embedded EXIF data on the original file. I tried to extract EXIF from your file but this must have been edited, and most editing programs, like PhotoShop, strip the data from the file.
2015-5-26
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

toddstevenson Posted at 2015-5-27 02:25
Pleased you enjoyed the picture.  i appreciate the warning of caution, but your statements are not ...

Yeah I probably exagerated a bit, but I wouldn't put it past SPD or the FAA to throw the book at someone.  
2015-5-26
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Nice Photo!!!
2015-5-27
Use props
fiskld
lvl.2

United States

Excellent!! Well done!!!
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules