Phantom Pro 4 v2.0 third party apps not downloading
9444 19 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1151e6b
New

Ireland

We have just bought a Phantom Pro 4 v2.0 in order to carry out pre-planned transect flights. We want to use PIX4D capture or a similar app. The DJI website says that you can download third party apps but we are finding this difficult as it won't let use even download google play. What do we need to do for this to work?
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if it is the plus version of Phantom 4 pro v2.0? Do you have a built in screen? Are you referring to a 3rd party software to control your drone? Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-8
Use props
fansb1151e6b
New

Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-8 03:12
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if it is the plus version of Phantom 4 pro v2.0? Do you have a built in screen? Are you referring to a 3rd party software to control your drone? Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thank you for your support.

Hi Paladin,

It is the plus version with the built in screen. We want to use automated flight planning app for work.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansb1151e6b Posted at 2018-8-8 03:15
Hi Paladin,

It is the plus version with the built in screen. We want to use automated flight planning app for work.

Hello there. Thank you for the quick response. The only app that we can recommend is the GS Pro but that is only compatible with iPad. You may check it here: https://www.dji.com/ground-stati ... ;from=insite_search
2018-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1151e6b Posted at 2018-8-8 03:15
Hi Paladin,

The plus version is not and never has been able to use 3rd party mapping apps.
You need to have a regular P4 pro V2.0 controller if you want to do mapping with your drone.
2018-8-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll only be able to install 3rd party apps that can be sideloaded using the APK or installed through some other method like the Amazon Appstore.
2018-8-8
Use props
Brett Rieker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195633 ft
Australia

Hi, regarding the P4P+V2 app issue, what did you end up doing in the end?
2018-9-2
Use props
Brett Rieker
lvl.1
Australia

The third party app restriction on the P4P+V2 is extremely limiting. I wish I had known about it prior to purchasing. We got it specifically to run Pix4d. The apps can be installed using APK Pure and the apps function correctly except the RC+ will not see the drone through the apps.
The loophole for connecting the USB for debugging seems to have been closed. DJI must understand that the locked DJI app cannot do what it needs to for PROfessional purposes.

I've had the drone for less than a fortnight and am trying to discuss with DJI Support to swap the controllers, however, if I can get the built in screen to do what we want, this would be ideal so as to keep it simple for users with all the required apps and workflows preloaded on the one dedicated device. Paying extra money only to receive limitations is now what we were after.
2018-9-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good luck on the swap thing.  They just don't do that.
2018-9-2
Use props
fansb1151e6b
New

Ireland

Brett Rieker Posted at 2018-9-2 15:52
Hi, regarding the P4P+V2 app issue, what did you end up doing in the end?

Hi Brett, we sideloaded Pix4d but it doesn't work. Some of the buttons on the app are greyed out and so we cannot select them.
We hope to try again this week..
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_aegHhaCqvpcD
lvl.1
United States

The third party app restriction on the P4P+V2 is extremely limiting. I wish I had known about it prior to purchasing. We got it specifically to run Pix4d. The apps can be installed using APK Pure and the apps function correctly except the RC+ will not see the drone through the apps.
The loophole for connecting the USB for debugging seems to have been closed. DJI must understand that the locked DJI app cannot do what it needs to for PROfessional purposes.

I agree, looks like the loophole in this video is dead (I tried it about 20 times with about 10 different USB cables). Pretty frustrating. I need to purchase another remote but they're out of stock online. Looking elsewhere...
2018-9-4
Use props
Brett Rieker
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_aegHhaCqvpcD Posted at 2018-9-4 13:45
I agree, looks like the loophole in this video this video is dead (I tried it about 20 times with about 10 different USB cables). Pretty frustrating. I need to purchase another remote but they're out of stock online. Looking elsewhere...

I did the same; went through a bunch of different USB cables without success.
It makes no sense too me that third party apps are locked out. Our company would purchase a fleet of these if not for the third party app limitation. The requirement to purchase a tablet for each setup to run professional applications is cost prohibitive.
2018-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'DJI must understand that the locked DJI app cannot do what it needs to for PROfessional purposes. '

Sorry, but you must understand you have purchased a consumer drone, not a professional device. Sadly, DJI do not make it clear that the plus version with the DJI proprietary screen will not run the 3rd. party apps, as so many have found.
2018-9-4
Use props
Brett Rieker
lvl.1
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-4 16:49
'DJI must understand that the locked DJI app cannot do what it needs to for PROfessional purposes. '

Sorry, but you must understand you have purchased a consumer drone, not a professional device. Sadly, DJI do not make it clear that the plus version with the DJI proprietary screen will not run the 3rd. party apps, as so many have found.

'Sorry, but you must understand you have purchased a consumer drone, not a professional device.'

Fair comment and I agree Geebax.
Less haste and more research would have identified the shortfall and confirmed device grade.
As far as I'm aware the Phantoms are about as good as they get for the sub 2kg UAV. It should serve as a good stepping stone to confirm capital outlay for a ReOC, RePL and a professional grade machine.

We are currently looking into what professional grade sub 2kg UAV's are available beyond the Phantom range.
2018-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Brett Rieker Posted at 2018-9-5 14:15
'Sorry, but you must understand you have purchased a consumer drone, not a professional device.'

Fair comment and I agree Geebax.
We are currently looking into what professional grade sub 2kg UAV's are available beyond the Phantom range.

Good luck with that search.
I suspect you'll find that the answer is a number less than 1.
Your Phantom aircraft will work perfectly for the task if you buy a non+ controller.
You'll find plenty of controllers available on ebay etc and you can also sell your unused controller to defray costs.
Just be aware that the V2.0 is not compatible with the original P4 pro.
Make sure you get the right model for your drone.

Once you get the Phantom running, you'll find that it's more than capable of most professional uses, and if you are doing mapping, there's probably no advantage going with something bigger/more expensive.

2018-9-5
Use props
fansfcdf3043
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-9-5 14:24

Good luck with that search.

Can you send a link to a non-plus remote that is compatible with the V2 please.  Or is the non-plus remote just a remote without a built in screen?

Thanks!
2018-10-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansfcdf3043 Posted at 2018-10-10 10:08
Can you send a link to a non-plus remote that is compatible with the V2 please.  Or is the non-plus remote just a remote without a built in screen?

Thanks!

You can buy from DJI or keep an eye on ebay/Craigslist etc for someone who lost their P4 pro V2.0 and is selling the controller.
Here's a link for a new one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Origina ... wKVVbO65A:rk:6:pf:0
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_WrHTkFN7G668
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-8 03:12
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if it is the plus version of Phantom 4 pro v2.0? Do you have a built in screen? Are you referring to a 3rd party software to control your drone? Click on "Reply" so that I can get notification from your response. Thank you for your support.

i have the same issue is it now allowed
2021-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WrHTkFN7G668 Posted at 7-16 13:25

It has never been allowed.
Read through the whole thread to learn more.
2021-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_WrHTkFN7G668 Posted at 7-16 13:25

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot download a 3rd party software on the said remote controller with built-in screen. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules