Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CE to FCC possible?
7254 22 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FeintBE
lvl.1

Hi guys

I live in Europe (beglium), and i was wondering if its possible to chance CE to FCC mode with the PS3?

2018-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The simplest way is to take your Phantom to the USA where it will run in FCC mode.
2018-8-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Do a search on phantompilots.com.  Good luck
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Please kindly note that users cannot switch between FCC and CE manually. The remote controller will enable FCC or CE mode based on your location in accordance with local laws and regulations.
2018-8-8
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

If you are on android then use a fake gps app and switch from ce to fcc. In fcc you get much better quality signal and longer range. There are many videos on youtube how to do that.
Safe Flying
2018-8-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-8-8 15:27
If you are on android then use a fake gps app and switch from ce to fcc. In fcc you get much better quality signal and longer range. There are many videos on youtube how to do that.
Safe Flying

Silly suggestion, obviously you do not know how the system works. It is the aircraft that uses its GPS to determine where the aircraft is situated, not the phone or tablet.
2018-8-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-8 15:33
Silly suggestion, obviously you do not know how the system works. It is the aircraft that uses its GPS to determine where the aircraft is situated, not the phone or tablet.

Are you sure about that?

I have seen a few on here saying they have done it that way, fake gps etc with their P3's

I have also managed it with my P4P but not with fake GPS, you have to go a different route but its go 4 app based not drone and it defoo works......
2018-8-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-8 21:05
Are you sure about that?

I have seen a few on here saying they have done it that way, fake gps etc with their P3's

It has to be the aircraft, as some tablets do not have GPS fitted. The aircraft always does.
2018-8-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-8 21:26
It has to be the aircraft, as some tablets do not have GPS fitted. The aircraft always does.

This is a good point, but....

Although the ac is sending the gps to the app, its the app that spoofs it  in my case, not sure how the fake gps works but there are some well known members that are  using it alongside an older version of the app, its also the app that tells the controller i believe and its the controller that sets the CE/FCC mode
2018-8-8
Use props
BritishJames198
lvl.1

United States

Please explain what those modes are as some of us aren't fluent in "drone-speak".
2018-8-8
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i changed my ce to fcc with icarus android app. ce where i live was 20 dbm and i changed rc and ac to 27 dbm and doubled my rang now i get 1.5 km on stock antenne and with windsurfer 1.8 km in the city so i am happy
2018-8-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Hong Kong

This gets interesting actually ...

Yes we know that the FW loaded to AC has a code line in it that sets FCC or CE based on GPS location. But the RC does not have that capability ... as it has no GPS.

BUT you can alter signal strength Dbm of RC and AC to be as FCC or even more in fact by Icarus or MP5.

This creates an interesting factor as the GPS is still reporting its location but now the RC and AC are wrongly set if swapped by Icarus or MP5.

Now just a moment before jumping on me ... I have been a user of Icarus and seen a few times an anomaly where .... I have enabled internet on the tablet to cache mapping .... BHAM ... the RC and AC are back to correct setting (RC and AC are powered up while I was cache'ing) .... and I have had to reset my user setting of FCC in a CE zone. I do add though that it was only a few times it happened and usually it did not. Its actually one of the main reasons I preferred Icarus ... it was resident on the Android ready for use at any time - unlike MP5 which sits on a PC.

That would suggest that it is more than just GPS of AC possibility to alter it.

Just commenting ...

Nigel
2018-8-13
Use props
Spacer2711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627979 ft

The suggestion is nice but not complete. This trick was taken out for the P3SE. After the mode was converted to FCC, DJI Go 3.1.8 was used. This version of the app doesn't return the signal to CE. But I doubt if it works for a Phantom 3 Standard.

Nowadays there is plenty of use of a patched version of 3.1.18 (which remains constant in FCC mode).
2018-8-13
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-13 08:42

Yes we know that the FW loaded to AC has a code line in it that sets FCC or CE based on GPS location. But the RC does not have that capability ... as it has no GPS.

Surely the RC must be receiving GPS. If you use Follow Me mode the RC coordinates change with your new position as you move,as verified in flight log.

Just a thought........
2018-8-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Pleomax Posted at 2018-8-13 10:11
Surely the RC must be receiving GPS. If you use Follow Me mode the RC coordinates change with your new position as you move,as verified in flight log.

Just a thought........

The RC has no GPS receiver. For Follow Me it relies on the GPS in the phone or tabnlet (if it indeed has one).
2018-8-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-13 08:42

Yes we know that the FW loaded to AC has a code line in it that sets FCC or CE based on GPS location. But the RC does not have that capability ... as it has no GPS.

I have no idea how these cheat programs work, but I simply rationalise that the system would not be able to set the radio power output if it was done from the RC unit and the fitted device was an Apple product with no GPS capability.
2018-8-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-13 15:33
I have no idea how these cheat programs work, but I simply rationalise that the system would not be able to set the radio power output if it was done from the RC unit and the fitted device was an Apple product with no GPS capability.

Wasnt there a remote that used to have the FCC/CE switch on it?

My ac did need to be connected to assitant whilst the setting of FCC was being done on the app (earlier version, wont dilvuge more in public) but  it is different for P4, defo my P4P, perhaps it was modifying thew fw too, not sure to be honest, was a while back, but its certainly not as simple as downloading i spoof app like it is for the earlier P's
2018-8-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Hong Kong

The programs that alter the FCC / CE are modifying the line of code that has the GPS detection and therefore power setting. The code runs in the AC FW but also in the RC FW ...

With a WiFi P3S ... the Tablet (Icarus) will modify the RC code line and the AC code line to set the desired power level.

I believe that the act of having WiFi to the domestic connected, this disconnected the RC and AC from the tablet ... I cached maps ... then back to WiFI of the RC ...  it then reset the power ... BUT as I said this was only a few times and could have been an error or something that caused it.

Note also that Icarus and MP5 only modify the RC to/from AC WiFi power ... NOT the 5.8Ghz control power ...

Nigel
2018-8-14
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-13 19:34
Wasnt there a remote that used to have the FCC/CE switch on it?

My ac did need to be connected to assitant whilst the setting of FCC was being done on the app (earlier version, wont dilvuge more in public) but  it is different for P4, defo my P4P, perhaps it was modifying thew fw too, not sure to be honest, was a while back, but its certainly not as simple as downloading i spoof app like it is for the earlier P's

Yes there was and the P3S controller still has the hole in the rear case for it ... even though the switch is no longer there.

Nigel
2018-8-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, that gives me a better understanding, i think it must be different for the p4p, I  another well known company has, to paraphrase "no limits" ;) modifies the ac fw and creates a whole new patched app set to FCC, i think thats how it worked for my p4p, so that too sounds like it forces the ac to fcc and also the app as well, not so sure why the app as well but it does need an older app, x.x.13 i think.  

How come ya in Hong Kong?
2018-8-14
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Hong Kong ? I travel the world in business.

Nigel
2018-8-14
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

I changed from EC to FCC using a fake gps app on Android no problem.
Safe Flying.
2018-8-17
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

But I have to say that it wasn’t a phantom. But still the fake gps app trick works.

Alex.
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules