Camera free swinging
967 5 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65b8abf7
New
Flight distance : 3632 ft

Hey, new here so hope I’m posting in the right place. I bought a Phantom 3 standard from a cousin in law so he can trade up to a Mavic. Love it and everything is great so far except one thing. My camera swings back and forth left to right. Not constantly or rhythmically back and forth, it just flops in the breeze so to speak. For example if I turn left it will swing around to the left and point at the left leg, if I turn right it swings to the right and points at the left leg. If a gust of wind hits it it goes wherever the wind blows it. It does still aim up and down right with the control on the remote.

I’ve tried a gimbal calibration but it didn’t help. It seems to me like something somewhere needs tightened up but I don’t know what.

Also I know he did crash it once from about 50’ (backed it into a tree).

Any help is appreciated
2018-8-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the camera swing around like this if you hold the Phantom in your hands and tilt it to the sides? If so, please post a video (with the camera pointed at your Phantom) so we can see what you're describing.
2018-8-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Try doing an IMU calibration, then the gimbal calibration.

Not sure what else to suggest.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced regarding with your Aircraft. Since you've already tried to calibrate the Gimbal camera but still the Issue still persist and also you've mention that you experience some crash before If that the case I would suggest to send it in to the facility for further checking of the Issue and to avoid as well any further damage.
2018-8-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check the very small allen screw at top of gimbal arm.  Make sure it's tight on the flat side of shaft.
2018-8-8
Use props
fans65b8abf7
New
Flight distance : 3632 ft

United States

Yes it swings around if I tilt it side to side, sorry I don’t have a video.

What size is the screw at the top of the gimbal arm?  I thought I saw in a YouTube video that it was a T6 but that seems too big.

If I can’t fix it it’s not a huge deal, I don’t try to fly first person nap of the earth, I’d just like to not have the landing gear in pictures. Worst case scenario I’ll figure out a way to wire tie it in place or something before each flight.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules