DJI Go App 4 Freezing when touching screen(Android, Latest Ver)
1195 6 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5c22e40a
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone,

I am new here but am experiencing an issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro running Nougat.
I downloaded and installed the DJI Go 4 App and connected Via OTG to my RC. I then launch a flight and can see
the camera and gimbal working. On screen data is transmitted, but there is an initial popup screen that shows battery temp and some other
diagnostics. If I try and exit this screen the app completely freezes up and I have to force quit it through androids settings menu.

This is 100% reproducable. I am able to see live video and even fly the Spark, but if I touch the screen to exit the intial in flight menu the
app completely freezes up. It's so strange.

Anyone ever experience this?
2018-8-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try installing an older version of DJI GO like this or use these tips to ensure both your mobile device and DJI GO are setup to run as efficiently as possible.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Did you manage to uninstall and re-install the application? Please ensure that the files are saved before deleting the app. I would like to ask if we can try to use a different phone which is compatible with our DJI GO 4 app to see if there will be changes. Please see the details below.

2018-8-8
Use props
fans5c22e40a
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-8 12:05
Try installing an older version of DJI GO like this or use these tips to ensure both your mobile device and DJI GO are setup to run as efficiently as possible.

Thanks so much! I will look at rolling back to a previous version and see if that helps!

2018-8-8
Use props
fans5c22e40a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-8 12:09
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Did you manage to uninstall and re-install the application? Please ensure that the files are saved before deleting the app. I would like to ask if we can try to use a different phone which is compatible with our DJI GO 4 app to see if there will be changes. Please see the details below.

[view_image]

I'm going to unistall and reinstall and see what happens. I don't have another device to test on unfortunately! I will let you know what happens.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5c22e40a Posted at 2018-8-8 12:40
I'm going to unistall and reinstall and see what happens. I don't have another device to test on unfortunately! I will let you know what happens.

Hi, thanks for the response. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
fans5c22e40a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-9 09:47
Hi, thanks for the response. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

I went ahead an uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. After the initial tutorial for the on screen display I was able to use the touchscreen. I was able to fly even, but when pressing the DJI logo in the top left corner of the screen the app froze and didn't work.

I did a force stop on the app and launched it again. When I hit the "Go Fly" button the screen I was presented with the drone video feed, but there was a stats panel showing. Now whenever I touch the screen to do ANYTHING the app completely freezes, VERY strange.

This is the Android app (newest version) with an OTG cable and the remote.

So weird
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules