(FOCUS) RONIN S + GH5 +METABONES SPEEDBOOSTER ULTRA + SIGMA 18-35MM
2617 5 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carlosmsc
lvl.1
Spain

Hi there!! Everything is going pretty awesome with my Ronin S, this is my first mechanical stabilizer ever and there's a thing that is bothering me a lot, the thing is I can pull focus normally before recording but when I start shooting I can't control focus anymore. Is this normal? If it's not how can I fix this?
Thank you very much in advance!

GEAR:
RONIN S (v 1.3.0.20)
LUMIX GH5 (v2.3)
METABONES SPEEDBOOSTER ULTRA 0.71x
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Carlosmsc, sorry for the difficulties on pulling focus, please make sure all the settings are correct.
1. Choose PC (Tether) mode upon connection;
2. To pull focus with Ronin-S, the focus mode toggle on the camera should be set to MF;
3. Make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
Please let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
Carlosmsc
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-9 23:49
Hi Carlosmsc, sorry for the difficulties on pulling focus, please make sure all the settings are correct.
1. Choose PC (Tether) mode upon connection;
2. To pull focus with Ronin-S, the focus mode toggle on the camera should be set to MF;

Hi!!

All the settings are perfect, the thing is that the focus wheel works, but as soon as I press record I can't pull focus anymore, therefore I'm stuck with the same focus point all the time!

Thank you for the reply!
2018-8-10
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

Carlosmsc Posted at 2018-8-10 05:48
Hi!!

All the settings are perfect, the thing is that the focus wheel works, but as soon as I press record I can't pull focus anymore, therefore I'm stuck with the same focus point all the time!

The only reason I can think of this happening is that you're shooting in a framerate that has VFR/variable frame rate enabled. Change the resolution to an option that doesn't support VFR and try again, I can pull focus while shooting so I can confirm this is possible.
2018-8-10
Use props
Carlosmsc
lvl.1
Spain

bob_angie Posted at 2018-8-10 11:09
The only reason I can think of this happening is that you're shooting in a framerate that has VFR/variable frame rate enabled. Change the resolution to an option that doesn't support VFR and try again, I can pull focus while shooting so I can confirm this is possible.

Well that was it!!

Thank you very much!!

I don't know exactly why this was happening but yeah... I changed to another frame rate without VFR/variable rate and the pull focus while recording worked perfectly. Awesome!

Thanks again!
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Carlosmsc Posted at 2018-8-10 18:31
Well that was it!!

Thank you very much!!

Wow, well done, Bob, glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if there is any other issue. Enjoy it.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules