Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Pixelation
1204 5 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Green Hornet
lvl.1
United States

I've been reading and searching but haven't found anything related to this specific problem.  I have a Mavic Pro that gets extremely pixelated when sending video to the phone attached to my controller (DJI Go App).  I can make the problem happen by rotating the gimbal up or down and also by flying quickly enough to change scenery.  The proble does not seem to be range specific.  I have experienced it when the aircraft is 50 feet away from the controller many times.  It also does not appear to be location or interference specific.  I've had it happen in the middle of a lake, my driveway, and the park.  It happens everywhere I fly.
The film card recordings are crystal clear, so I do no believe the problem to be a focus issue or camera hardware.  It appears to be transmission or app related.  It's almost impossible to use active track with this problem.  I can't get a clear enough image to highlight the subject.

I've tried turning off the cache, clearing the cache, setting the video transmission to "standard," and restting all camera settings.  I'm recording 1080 at 30fps.  Attached are some screen shots of the problem as it appears in the go app.  

Screenshot_20180808-174356.png
Screenshot_20180808-174324.png
Screenshot_20180808-174258.png
2018-8-8
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I'll assume it's an Android device used. Roll back the app to 4.2.14 or 4.2.16

The latest apps for android have caused this and there is NO fix other than rolling back.

Rolling back the app and firmware:
First, save any cached files on your device.
2.Sync flight records from the DJI app on your acct.
3.Uninstall DJI Go4, and then shut off Auto Updates from the Google Play Store for your acct.
4.For the Firmware, use DJI Assistant 2 Software.
Charge your MP batteries. Connect drone to computer vis USB.
Run DJI Assistant as Admin. Right click the icon on your comp.
Select the version downgrade. I went to .0200, some like 0300
Update your remote controller the same.
5. Download the 4.2.16 (or earlier) App from Apkpure.com
6. Install the app.
7. reboot your device.
8. If your device has power settings options you want those disabled. Give the app all the cpu and memory it needs. It is a very resource heavy app. Limiting its ability to eat will make it unhappy. Device should have options to disable any power saving features for Go4 or specific apps.
9. Disable and backrunning apps you do not use

2018-8-8
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Also see this to optimize your device:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1501475
2018-8-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Only thing I would add to miketmptpro's suggestion is I would skip over .0300 and revert back to .0200 (or even .0100).
I first started seeing Pixelation / Smearing / Blurring problems with .0300.  Problems got far worse with .0400.
2018-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 6794423 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are using Android, link below has had great results for those who tried it

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
2018-8-9
Use props
Green Hornet
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to all of you for the help.  I followed the suggestions from miketmtpro as well as hallmark007's  settings, made all the changes and took it out for a test flight yesterday with .200 firmware on the copter and the controller.  ZERO issues with video quality.  I need to make a couple more flights but at this point I'd say it looks to be a problem with the Android app.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules