Timelapse - Option to Keep screen on
3314 9 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HSZtT6s2XGrV
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi ,

Would like to know when shooting timelapse, i have UNticked the keep screen on option, but my screen is still on for the entire duration of the timelapse. Is this by design or is there a way i can turn off the screen during timelapse to save battery?

Device : pixel 2 xl
2018-8-8
Use props
Putzfrau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Denmark

I have the same issue on my Oneplus 5T. On the iPhone 7 I also use it works as intended. Screen shuts off during timelapse.
In general the android app seems to be worse in many respects, no manual camera settings and so on...
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what specific model of Osmo do you have?
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_HSZtT6s2XGrV
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-9 02:32
Hello. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what specific model of Osmo do you have?

Hi,
I'm using Osmo Mobile 2
2018-8-9
Use props
Putzfrau
lvl.4
Denmark

Same here. OM2
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you for the response. It will be in the setting on the mobile device itself to enable sleep for the mobile device.
2018-8-9
Use props
Putzfrau
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-9 07:42
Thank you for the response. It will be in the setting on the mobile device itself to enable sleep for the mobile device.

Well, it doesn't work. I have my Oneplus 5T screen set to shut off after two minutes of inactivity. It stays on through the whole timelapse recording though.
On the iPhone 7 the screen shuts off within seconds of starting the timelaps recording.
Maybe control over the screen is not a permission that can be granted to apps under android? (Just speculating here.) :-)
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_HSZtT6s2XGrV
lvl.1

Singapore

Putzfrau Posted at 2018-8-9 09:18
Well, it doesn't work. I have my Oneplus 5T screen set to shut off after two minutes of inactivity. It stays on through the whole timelapse recording though.
On the iPhone 7 the screen shuts off within seconds of starting the timelaps recording.
Maybe control over the screen is not a permission that can be granted to apps under android? (Just speculating here.) :-)

Yeah I concur. My pixel 2 screen stayed on for the entire timelapse despite 1 minute screen off in device setting.
2018-8-10
Use props
djiuser_HSZtT6s2XGrV
lvl.1

Singapore

Putzfrau Posted at 2018-8-9 09:18

Yeah I concur. My pixel 2 screen stayed on for the entire timelapse despite 1 minute screen off in device setting.
2018-8-10
Use props
jep ulis
New

Finland

So is there a fix coming? Still not working as intended on android. Quality comes from small things, I would never consider buying another DJI product after facing problems with one.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules