792 9 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattchungz
lvl.1
Canada

[size=14.6667px]Hi all,
[size=14.6667px]

I've never had issues with my drone and crashed it once way back when I first purchased it but that was over a year and a half ago and I've had numerous successful flights and shoots since then.

[size=14.6667px]Recently, I changed my video resolution from 4k 24fps to 1080p 60fps. I then tried to change the resolution back to 4k. When I try selecting, nothing happens. It was stuck at 1080p 60fps. So then I reset the camera settings and now it's stuck in photo mode and when I click the icon to switch to video, nothing happens. Hitting the record button on the controller doesn't do anything. I am able to take photos but I also can't switch the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. I figured I'd try updating the firmware to the new 0400 version...

[size=14.6667px]It always fails. Sometimes it would fail at 67%, or 58%, or 61%. But everytime, it'll get stuck and then jump to like 91% before it gives me the failed message. I've tried through DJI Go 4 App and I've tried through DJI Assistant 2. I've tried with 2 different iPhones and I've tried with an Android. I've also used different USB cables and also plugged in through the USB port at the bottom of the controller. Also, when trying with DJI Assistant 2, it'll pick up my controller but when I plug the Mavic directly in, nothing happens, it doesn't pick it up. The only way was to plug the controller in and have my Mavic connected to the controller, however, this causes the fails. Also saw how some users would shut off and turn back their Mavic on when it would get stuck in the update and it worked for them. Didn't work for me.

[size=14.6667px]I'm using a Mac, iPhone 7. Everything is the latest version except the Mavic of course.

[size=14.6667px]So:

[size=14.6667px]- Can't switch to video mode or change photo aspect ratio
[size=14.6667px]- Mavic isn't being recognized by my Mac (controller is though)
[size=14.6667px]- Mavic fails when trying to update firmware

[size=14.6667px]I have a shoot in a couple days but it's looking like I probably won't be able to use my drone...has anyone else experienced these issues?
2018-8-8
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Find a friend, or your local drone shop and try using a PC........Not sure why you are using a computer, as I was under the impression the FW Update goes thru the RC.

I have a P4Pro and Inspire,  so I don't know for sure the requirements for Mavic.......but trying a PC, if that's what's needed is worth a try

Randy
2018-8-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

To update your firmware you need a reliable and fast connection to the internet. I've almost always used just the RC to update via Go 4 on my iPhone 7 and as long as I had a reliable connection to the internet, I had no problems. Would you say your internet connection is fast and stable? If not, is there a place you can try updating where you know the connection is stable and fast?
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Seen three problems when attempting to use Assistant-2 to update Mavic Pro.  

1) For some reason, I had to change from Left-side USB port to Right-Side USB port (or it was reverse).  Nothing wrong with USB port, it was an issue with ''OS-X'' not detecting USB connection.  

2) USB port on my Mavic Pro is picky.  Even though USB connector is fully seated, I have had to disconnect and re-connect USB cable.  

3) Found that Assistant-2 will fail at ##% if internet connection is moderate in speed, say less than 5?-Mbps.  Never had a ##% fail when using a 100-Mbps Internet connection.
From what I could tell at time, DJI's firmware servers were problem.  The firmware data was being delivered either way slower than tested connection speeds or data was being delivered in short fast bursts.

2018-8-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

When you tried to connect to the Mavic via DJI Assistant, was the Mavic powered on?

Another thing that can trip people up is in using the wrong cables -- I always use the cable that came with my muliticharger when I connect to the Mavic via my Mac, other USB cables never work for me.

2018-8-9
Use props
mattchungz
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for all the suggestions.

- Update the firmware through the computer vs the RC is because you'd use DJI Assistant 2 on the computer to either roll back firmware or push new firmware or even factory reset (which I also cannot do)
- Tried both USB ports on my Mac (it picks up my RC fine, just not my Mavic)
- Tried original cable, original cables that came with my phones, and also thicker USB cables that support Fast charge
- My home internet is Fiber Optics at 1gb/, so I don't think internet speed would be my factor here. My cellphone network is also connected to LTE
- Tried plugging in my Mavic while powered on and also tried powering it on after plugging in

so frustrating...
2018-8-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Try the following:

- Remove or change the SD card and check.

- make factory reset through Assistant2 app and refresh the firmware.
In case you couldn't, make sure the cable is good, reinstall the Assistant2 app or Try with an other computer.

2018-8-9
Use props
mattchungz
lvl.1
Canada

^^ Also formatted my SD card and tried a different SD card that was also formatted from my Mavic

Also tried uninstalling both the DJI Go 4 app and DJI Assistant 2. Only thing I couldn't try was a different computer since I only have my Mac. I don't think it's the computer that's the problem since it picks up my RC fine and the fact that I'm still getting the error when updating through the app and phone. I've tried two iPhones and an Android with the same results. After the error, in DJI Assistant 2, I can see that the RC's firmware updated fine, it's running into a problem when trying to update the Mavic.

2018-8-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You didn't try to reset the mavic to factory default did you?

If not, give it a try. Plug the controller and Mavic connected to the controller and through Assistant2 try to make factory default.
2018-8-9
Use props
mattchungz
lvl.1
Canada

^^^Can't factory reset my Mavic when my Mac or DJI Assistant 2 aren't picking up my Mavic
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules