Singapore - Marina Bay Sands
10685 23 2018-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ropate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 856847 ft
Fiji

a quick stop by and anaged to get up to the pool level of the hotel and do a quick fly by.  Not quit sure ifthat was legal but stayed away from all groups of people and followed other rules.  Let me know if i breached anything

2018-8-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice video
2018-8-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Good Video               
2018-8-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Really nicely done.
2018-8-9
Use props
moulinrouge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119065 ft
Indonesia

Hats off sir. Nice capture.

I am hoping to hear if this is ok to do in SG as well.
It's a joy to be able to capture a country's most famous landmark.

Any hints?
2018-8-9
Use props
ropate
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks everyone. Moulin, took off from the bottom of the gardens on the bay Park, across the Rd from the hotel. Easy to fly up from that side.
2018-8-9
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Great video. Love the architecture.
2018-8-9
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Very nice environment, good video too. Thanks for sharing.
2018-8-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah not legal (and i have seen people there before getting caught by security).  The only legal places to fly around there are the barrage and 2 of the parks just off to the side (which are actually pretty good flying locations).  
Given you can see the top of the hotel you're also miles above the 200ft legal maximum altitude for the country.

See here:-   https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapor ... ht-drone-violations
2018-8-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

moulinrouge Posted at 2018-8-9 07:38
Hats off sir. Nice capture.

Its not legal, flying is banned from MBS and Gardens by the Bay and without a permit, the maximum allowed altitude is 200ft.

They can and do (rightfully) prosecute and fine foreigners and locals flouting local laws quite often.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapor ... ht-drone-violations

2018-8-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant video - loved the views of the roof gardens. Maybe you did fracture a few rules ;) Thanks for the share
2018-8-9
Use props
moulinrouge
lvl.2
Indonesia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-9 10:22
Its not legal, flying is banned from MBS and Gardens by the Bay and without a permit, the maximum allowed altitude is 200ft.

They can and do (rightfully) prosecute and fine foreigners and locals flouting local laws quite often.

thanks for the info buddy.
2018-8-10
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

Verry cool but I think this is indeed iligal. DOes anybody know where it is allowed to fly in SIngapore? Im at the moment in SIngapore for work and would love to fly some in the weekend.

Thanks
2018-8-14
Use props
moulinrouge
lvl.2
Indonesia

ropate Posted at 2018-8-9 07:43
Thanks everyone. Moulin, took off from the bottom of the gardens on the bay Park, across the Rd from the hotel. Easy to fly up from that side.

Thanks for the reply sir.
I am still afraid to fly in SG, but at least I know where to start now.
2018-8-14
Use props
ropate
lvl.4
Australia

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-8-14 02:44
Verry cool but I think this is indeed iligal. DOes anybody know where it is allowed to fly in SIngapore? Im at the moment in SIngapore for work and would love to fly some in the weekend.

Thanks

in fact, i asked one of the security guards in the park if i could fly and he indicated it wasn't a problem as long as i remined over the bottom section of the park towards the MArina Bay Sands.  Then i couldn't resist going up to it.
2018-8-14
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

ropate Posted at 2018-8-14 16:22
in fact, i asked one of the security guards in the park if i could fly and he indicated it wasn't a problem as long as i remined over the bottom section of the park towards the MArina Bay Sands.  Then i couldn't resist going up to it.

Ok thanks I will try the same then
2018-8-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

ropate Posted at 2018-8-14 16:22
in fact, i asked one of the security guards in the park if i could fly and he indicated it wasn't a problem as long as i remined over the bottom section of the park towards the MArina Bay Sands.  Then i couldn't resist going up to it.

You're lucky then - the police actively patrol there (and security isnt the police).
You *can* legally fly from the Barrage the other side of the gardens and over the water etc to a max of 200ft.

The last few times ive been there you see a lot of drones and quite a lot of people getting stopped by the police for flying them.  They're clamping down due to the sheer number.
Singapore loves law and order - they're not afraid to do it.
2018-8-15
Use props
ollie7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

You can look here, where it is allowed to fly:
https://flywhere.sg/

if you switch on the "Drone Friendly Places" in the legend you can see, wher it is definitely allowed to fly (up to 200ft (60.96m))
2018-8-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

There are some odd bits on that - For example the barrage is down as no flying as its "private property" when drones are explicitly allowed there as a policy.  Not all private property bans.  The only issue with the barrage are the massive number of kites being flown - it makes coming back in to land a bit of a minefield.

Gardens by the Bay etc though certainly ban them (as does Marina Bay Sands).
2018-8-22
Use props
thefriwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10643 ft
Spain

Nice one! Which drone did you use?
2018-11-20
Use props
BBrace
lvl.1
Hong Kong

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-22 04:40
There are some odd bits on that - For example the barrage is down as no flying as its "private property" when drones are explicitly allowed there as a policy.  Not all private property bans.  The only issue with the barrage are the massive number of kites being flown - it makes coming back in to land a bit of a minefield.

https://www.pub.gov.sg/marinabarrage/faqs

The PUB/barge own website says its allowed.. however it highlights the crowd issue.
There is nothing on CAAS that says these areas cant be flow over
On OneMap the area is not private, but NParks/MWER etc - so not private, so I am not sure what recourse they have from stopping you
The news website about MBS doesn't say anything MBS being prohibited, just that you cant go over 200ft with out a permit, and that you need to follow CAAS guidelines, which in this location will relate to crowds.

The only possible thing that could be construed is as an issue is the 'flying over crowds'....

The Flywhere operator has added onto the map the deep red areas as guidance of areas where he or fellow operators have been asked to move one by security. The legitimacy of being asked to move on is questionable because if you are following CAAS guidelines then you should be able to fly in those area, but that being said the areas are normally 'crowed' so the reason can often be stretched to most times of the day.
2019-3-15
Use props
BBrace
lvl.1
Hong Kong

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-22 04:40
There are some odd bits on that - For example the barrage is down as no flying as its "private property" when drones are explicitly allowed there as a policy.  Not all private property bans.  The only issue with the barrage are the massive number of kites being flown - it makes coming back in to land a bit of a minefield.

https://www.pub.gov.sg/marinabarrage/faqs

The PUB/barge own website says its allowed.. however it highlights the crowd issue.
There is nothing on CAAS that says these areas cant be flow over
On OneMap the area is not private, but NParks/MWER etc - so not private, so I am not sure what recourse they have from stopping you
The news website about MBS doesn't say anything MBS being prohibited, just that you cant go over 200ft with out a permit, and that you need to follow CAAS guidelines, which in this location will relate to crowds.

The only possible thing that could be construed is as an issue is the 'flying over crowds'....

The Flywhere operator has added onto the map the deep red areas as guidance of areas where he or fellow operators have been asked to move one by security. The legitimacy of being asked to move on is questionable because if you are following CAAS guidelines then you should be able to fly in those area, but that being said the areas are normally 'crowed' so the reason can often be stretched to most times of the day.
2019-3-15
Use props
ropate
lvl.4
Fiji

thefriwi@gmail.com Posted at 2018-11-20 02:49
Nice one! Which drone did you use?

Mavic Platinum Pro
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_vXiXNvnPIMoS
New

Pakistan

Can I fly dji mini 2 in Gardens by the Bay Park under 200ft?
2022-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules