Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error 70 with Ronin-S + 5D IV
139876 139876 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,
Ive done a shoot a couple of days ago with my Ronin-S mounted 5D IV + 17/40 f/4, but I constantly got Error 70 on my camera.
I think it is the Ronin-S's commands using the RSS cable, the camera goes into this error randomly when stopping the recording..
When the RSS cable is unplugged, the camera does not encounter the Error and works flawlessly..
Anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks!

Err 70

Err 70
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the error message during using, please try the following steps:
1. Did your trigger the recording in video recording mode? If not, please set the camera into the recording mode first.
2. Please try to reset the camera settings and format the SD card in the computer.
If the issue persists, may I have the model of your SD card and do you use the Canon lens?
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-9 23:10
Hi there, sorry for the error message during using, please try the following steps:
1. Did your trigger the recording in video recording mode? If not, please set the camera into the recording mode first.
2. Please try to reset the camera settings and format the SD card in the computer.

Hi Mindy, Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, the camera was in video mode upon hitting the record button.
2.Resetting the settings is a bit much... Ive setup my custom functions and would like to keep it that way.

I used a Sandisk Extreme Pro CF 128GB 160/Mb sec UDMA 7
The lens used was a Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98 Posted at 2018-8-10 00:49
Hi Mindy, Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, the camera was in video mode upon hitting the record button.

Thanks for the details, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you soon once I hear from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 23:50
Thanks for the details, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you soon once I hear from them, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you very much.

In the meantime
I will try to isolate the problem by using a different card and lens to see if they contribute to the problem.

=D
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98 Posted at 2018-8-11 01:04
Thank you very much.

In the meantime

Appreciate your patience and cooperation.
2018-8-11
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

Yes, this is a known bug on the MKIV, therefore its not possible to perform a timelapse without the camera stoping due to this.
Only solution for now, is to ductape the ir cable to the camera and use that one instead of the usb.
2018-8-11
Use props
ElGimby
lvl.1
Germany

I can confirm having the same issue with a 5DM4 and an EF16-35mm f/2.8 III. Looking forward to a fixin the next Ronin-S firmware.
2018-8-12
Use props
ElGimby
lvl.1
Germany

[edit] sorry for double post
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks guys.

On FB there was another person with the same issue ( 5D IV + 24mm 1.4)
2018-8-14
Use props
fansa18099c8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

Thanks for starting this thread. I just wanted to chime in and mention that I am also experiencing this issue on the 1DX II using a 16-35 2.8 II. I'm not able to reproduce the issue on command, but it happens mainly during time-lapses as mentioned above. Hopefully, this is able to be fixed.
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey all, our engineers are working with Canon to handle the SDK compatibility issues furtherly. It takes some time to optimize and test the compatibility, we'll try to figure this out through the firmware upgrade. Please also pay attention to the official website update announcement, thank you for your support.

Currently, you may refer the below to fix this temporarily. Sorry for this.
1. Set the power switch to and then turn the camera on again
2. Remove and install the battery again
3. Use a Canon lens.
2018-8-15
Use props
古天熱
New

Taiwan

5d4+24-105 f4 ll
I also have the same problem
2018-8-19
Use props
fansfd648072
New

Same Issue with 5D Mark IV + 16-35mm f/2.8 II + SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB 160MB/s
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_kU8Zm6tYrKAA
lvl.1
United States

fansfd648072 Posted at 2018-8-25 21:31

Same Issue with 5D Mark IV + 16-35mm f/2.8 II + SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB 160MB/s

Same problem and exact error message with my Canon 1DXii with a Sigma Art 24mm and Sandisk 64GB CFast 2.0.  It happens after a few triggers of video record (in video mode of course, because of course you can't trigger a 1dxii from live view photo mode).
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 02:59
Hey all, our engineers are working with Canon to handle the SDK compatibility issues furtherly. It takes some time to optimize and test the compatibility, we'll try to figure this out through the firmware upgrade. Please also pay attention to the official website update announcement, thank you for your support.

Hi DJI Susan,

Did they solve this issue with the latest FW update?
I seem not to be able to reproduce the fault anymore....
2018-9-6
Use props
fans260c9cc1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98 Posted at 2018-9-6 21:57
Hi DJI Susan,

Doesn't appear to be solved to me. Updated everything this morning and got the error since.
2018-9-7
Use props
jbworld
lvl.2
United States

They really need to fix this.  It's hard to do a job when you're constantly re-starting your camera because of the error.  I even get the error with my Canon lens (although it's the 100mm), despite support claiming using a Canon lens will fix it.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_YRKC2hOZGa98 Posted at 2018-9-6 21:57
Hi DJI Susan,

Our engineers are still working with Canon. I'm sorry that there is no estimated schedule for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Thanks so much for your attention and support.
2018-9-9
Use props
nvdg81
lvl.1
Japan

5d Mark IV + 24-70 f/2.8 II here with same issues.

Has there been any development?  
2018-9-22
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 02:59

Non of this solutions works’ I use 5d mark iv with canon 24-70mm lens and continuesly facing this issue if cable attach to the camera
2018-9-23
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>
United States

nvdg81 Posted at 2018-9-22 23:54
5d Mark IV + 24-70 f/2.8 II here with same issues.

Has there been any development?

Exactly with same gear, and facing the same issue, thanks
thought that issue was a camera fault
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wfuzaia Posted at 2018-9-23 11:52
Non of this solutions works’ I use 5d mark iv with canon 24-70mm lens and continuesly facing this issue if cable attach to the camera

Thanks for heading up. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Appreciate your patience and support.
2018-9-25
Use props
Alan X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1212221 ft

I too am getting this error 70 since purchasing the Ronin S to operate with my Canon 5D MKiv. I use Canon lenses all the time and top quality memory cards. I am constantly having to remove the camera battery to reset everything as the camera completely freezes up when it happens and cannot be turned off. Removing the battery is the only way I can shut it down and restart it. Extremely frustrating and I cannot believe they didn't know this before selling me the product.
Somewhere someone must know what error 70 is otherwise why does it tell us there is error 70? Surely a tech can track the origin and fix the problem? Come on guys - we pay you good money for this gear. I would really like to do some time lapse, motionlapse stuff but it is not FIT FOR PURPOSE if it keeps shutting down in the middle of a series of shots.
As a result my Ronin S is currently confined to the cupboard and my Phantom 4 Pro is on a repair bench at DJI Netherlands with loss of video feed. I will not be promoting DJI any more until I get better service from the company I have forked out thousands of pounds to. We need pro products that are reliable not trashy toys that fall apart.
2018-9-29
Use props
jbworld
lvl.2
United States

I know the DJI Admins on this board just keep telling us "We're working with Canon", but I've had to use my Ronin for multiple JOBS and it's causing me to miss valuable shots that aren't reproducible.  You could say, "Well, don't use your Ronin", but that's WHY I bought it, and that's WHY I sold my old gimbal, thinking I had a better replacement.

I agree with the above - HOW did all these people test the Ronin before release with the Canon and not get an Error 70?!
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_5nl4fz3uJ4mQ
New
Ukraine

Just updaded a firmware... But still have the same issue.
DJI - do you have solution? If yes - could you recommend?
I did submit a ticket through the DJI site, but got just general comments...
Through this bug I can not use all creative functions, plus there is no sense to use record button and focus weel. Actually half of promised functions are not usable...
2018-10-9
Use props
Tomasher
lvl.1
Japan

Same problem here cant rly take time lapses without this error Canon 5d Mk4 :S  IR cable is not a solution for me. Ronin S sitting on a shelf collecting dust for now. :S
2018-10-12
Use props
jbworld
lvl.2
United States

I check this thread nearly every day, praying there's an update/fix.  DJI really is taking no ownership over this, not showing any sense of urgency, nor publicizing it very well other than the thread on this forum.  It's terrible to sell your units to Canon owners without them being aware of this major bug.  It's even worse to leave people who have invested in and remain helpless in this situation in the dark.

DJI - please fix this ASAP.
2018-10-24
Use props
tommy32
lvl.1
United States

I am getting this error as well with my Canon 5d MK IV and Sandisk 128gb compact flash card. It happens exactly as others have described above.

Let's get this fix rolling! It is debilitating.
2018-10-29
Use props
tommy32
lvl.1
United States

Anyone else who finds this and has this same issue, needs to make a post saying so. The more users reporting the problem, the more attention a fix will get.

Thanks,

Tommy
2018-10-29
Use props
DigitalJoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504688 ft
  • >>>
United States

tommy32 Posted at 10-29 09:29
Anyone else who finds this and has this same issue, needs to make a post saying so. The more users reporting the problem, the more attention a fix will get.

Thanks,

I have the same issue, PLUS, does anyone else also get the message, "Press Start/Stop" to reactivate the camera? Mine setup does this and I have to turn off the camera, turn back on, wait for boot up, THEN I can press the Start/Stop to unfreeze the camera. Is this because I stay in video mode for too long?

Friday night I was on a high school football field filming a field show and my camera stops. UNACCEPTABLE.

Attention DJI: I own Phantom Pro 4, OSMO Plus, Ronin-S, OSMO Mobile.

That is a lot of money to one company for products that don't always work 100% of the time.

Maybe I need to rethink and explore other companies products????

Joe
2018-11-4
Use props
fans2185f420
New
United States

Same problem. Constantly getting error 70 on 5D IV with Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. Already caused me to miss some moments while shoot for a client. Needs to be fixed ASAP.
2018-11-7
Use props
Adres Naspam
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem. It can't allow me to do my job.
I have the same error 70 on my 5D Mark IV.

Set what I was using:
1. Ronin S
2. Canon 5D Mark IV
3. Canon original battery
4. Tamsron SP 30mm 1.8
5. Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB card SD

And I get still "Error 70" so OFTEN that I can't working.

What is interesting to...
I plug a cable, then I power On my Canon 5d Mark IV = all functions (buttons on Ronin S) are not working (a "busy" message if I push a button).
I power On my Canon 5d Mark IV and THEN I plug a cable = all functions (buttons on ronin S) are working!*

*Focus wheel doesn't work but probably my lens (Tamron SP 30mm) is not supportet by DJI Ronin S.

HOW TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM?

2018-11-7
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, had my Robin S for the last 3 or 4 days and suffer the same errors as others on my 5D4 and 1DX2, seems the 5D4 randomly locks up when the RS is connected, latest firmware installed on camera and gymbol, before DJI ask it does it with any card, CF, SD, Sandisc, Lexar and so on! Both cameras have NEVER had ANY issues pre the Robin S, disappointing that simple start stop operations cause risky errors that could cause a card failure leading to the loss of work!!! For now I will try and rig the IR cable and hope it's good enough for simple start and stop functions. Come on DJI this is a GREAT product let down by poor developers, my advise would have been to disable all support for cameras that are not listed to protect users and your reputation!. Please hurry with the fixed firmware.
2018-11-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Quick update, IR cable does not trigger my 5D4, IR enabled, IR function set in shooting mode I.e timer, LCD shows IR icon on top screen, but nothing, I see the IR fire on the Ronin if you view it on a smartphone camera but the camera does nothing. Tbh with no way to trigger the camera and the errors it's tempting to box it up and send it back to Wex for a refund.
2018-11-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI have contacted me and I am now waiting for an email with info to "setup" my 5D4 to work with the Ronin S, however I am curious to find out what settings I have missed given that I know the Canon menu system so well.... still.... we will see.....

Fingers crossed X
2018-11-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So DJI have sent me the information in the support chart PDF oh dear....

I hate to say it DJI but your latest firmware does NOT fix the error with Canon 5D4 running latest Canon firmware.

The new features such as Sport Mode Lock work indicating 100% that the new Ronin S firmware is running on my unit, however after 20 mins of filming it froze my 5D4 with the same error as before, also as I say the IR cable also does not trigger my camera to record even with the correct drive mode selected, i.e Timer - shows IR Icon on top LCD when in video mode, note you can not select Timer while in video mode, it must be selected in stills mode and then switch to video - that's a Canon thing... however, its still fails to control the camera so no IR work around for me.
2018-11-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Oh diddly dear.... soooo.... my 5D4 is on firmware 1.0.4! Oooops..... I was 100% sure it was 1.1.2, upgrading now.. my mistake! Please feel free to give me some abuse.... lets hope it works!

I bet it does... "goes off to hang head in shame!"  :S

Thats what you get for being lazy and not double checking... Eeek...
2018-11-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

NOPE! v.1.1.2 installed, reformatted and run a few clips, crashed with Err 70 shown on top LCD.

Your press Record button on DJI, camera starts recording, then at a random time the camera goes into sleep mode showing Press start/stop to resume recording, the start stop button on camera and DJI do nothing and the Err 70 is shown flashing on top LCD.
2018-11-14
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well, last post, admin please feel free to tidy up my posts, Ive made the thread look messy.  I am sending my Ronin S back for a refund. Its a great product and I will buy again once the drivers/firmware are sorted, DJI did a good job calling me and trying to suggest a fix. In my case it does not work for now and I dont have time to keep trying this and that plus risk my camera, card and data with such errors.
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules