Error 70 with Ronin-S + 5D IV
139876 139876 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StarskiBro
lvl.1
Russia

Hello! Will DJI solve this problem or have you already forgotten about us? You do not value your reputation?
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all,  we have just released a new firmware V1.6.0.50 and the issue should have been fixed, please update at your most convenience to see if it persists, thank you.
2018-11-19
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

You beat me to it.

I owe it to DJI to say support has been first class, I've 're ordered a new Ronin S from Wex and look forward to running it with the new firmware, to be honest I have missed the Ronin so much I now know what it means to have it at my disposal, DJI have called me here in the UK on the phone and offered support throughout, they emailed me updates and more, Wex have also helped to fix the issue and now this short time later a new firmware has been released that should resolve it.

So, big thanks!

My new Ronin will be here tomorrow and I will get testing asap, however I am sure it all going to be good.

Now, where is the 1DX2 support haha...
2018-11-20
Use props
ellodapinoy
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 04:04
Hi all,  we have just released a new firmware V1.6.0.50 and the issue should have been fixed, please update at your most convenience to see if it persists, thank you.

Hello. I just updated it to the latest firmware and still getting the 'error 70' issue
2018-11-20
Use props
starwarsluv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77608 ft
  • >>>
Australia

G'day All

Just got my Ronin s yesterday spent quite a while this morning balancing, with a 5d mkiv and Sigma 24-105 art. Focus and record button worked fine. Then I swapped onto my Canon 17-35 and I started to get the ERR70. I have now updated firmware to the latest on both the Ronin and 5d and still getting very intermittent focus use, in fact it rarely works now at all. So I too can confirm that the new firmware doesn't work.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 11-20 08:38
You beat me to it.

I owe it to DJI to say support has been first class, I've 're ordered a new Ronin S from Wex and look forward to running it with the new firmware, to be honest I have missed the Ronin so much I now know what it means to have it at my disposal, DJI have called me here in the UK on the phone and offered support throughout, they emailed me updates and more, Wex have also helped to fix the issue and now this short time later a new firmware has been released that should resolve it.

Hi arthurbikemad,  glad to know everything turns out to be great, thanks for your positive feedback, please tests the performance and let us know if there is any further issue.
Do you mean the 1D X Mark II? If yes, it has been compatible with Ronin-S, please check the compatible list here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ellodapinoy Posted at 11-20 16:00
Hello. I just updated it to the latest firmware and still getting the 'error 70' issue

Hi ellodapinoy, sorry to know the issue persists, please provide us the following info:
1. The sample video.
2. Does the issue occur every time? Or under which circumstances the issue happen?
3. The model of your camera, lens, SD card and the camera firmware version.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

starwarsluv Posted at 11-20 22:27
G'day All

Just got my Ronin s yesterday spent quite a while this morning balancing, with a 5d mkiv and Sigma 24-105 art. Focus and record button worked fine. Then I swapped onto my Canon 17-35 and I started to get the ERR70. I have now updated firmware to the latest on both the Ronin and 5d and still getting very intermittent focus use, in fact it rarely works now at all. So I too can confirm that the new firmware doesn't work.

Hi there, sorry to hear that, please check my post in 46# and provide all the info we request for further analysis, thank you.
2018-11-20
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi all, well the replacement Ronin S is here, updated the firmware, reset it just for good measure, setup my profiles, connected to my 5D4 and bamm, before I even get to press the button Err 70!!!

How disappointing, only reason I 're ordered it is I was told 100% the error had been fixed. This time it's worse, the record button does not do anything on my 5D4, half press nothing, full press nothing. It gives the error very quickly, only way to clear it is pull the battery.

Also DJI doing away with the small wheels on the lens support is a bad idea, it now means I have to set the mounting plate to be between the focus and zoom rings! So it limits where you can mount the plate, before the wheels could support the focus ring without stopping movement, I was disappointed to open the new Ronin S and find a cheap piece of plastic in replacement of the nice billet alloy support with rollers.

So a few more steps back in the wrong direction. I will email Andrew and Wex and see what's what.
2018-11-21
Use props
eww
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I don't want to jinx it but I've just run two timelapses at 30 minutes each (previously guaranteed to trigger err70) and nothing. All clear. Ronin S + Micro USB + Canon 1DX mk2. 1DX mk2 firmware is 1.1.6, and latest Ronin S/app on iOS.

Nice job DJI (for now!). I can finally start using my Ronin S for work after ~5 months! ;)
2018-11-21
Use props
starwarsluv
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 23:33
Hi there, sorry to hear that, please check my post in 46# and provide all the info we request for further analysis, thank you.

G'day Mindy

My problem is Err 70 and most of the time lenses just doesn't work at all.

Setup as is follows.
- Ronin is brand new only 2 days old firmware version is 1.6.0.50
- App version 1.1.4(151)
- 5d mkiv firmware version 1.1.2
- SD card (although I don't believe this has anything to do with it as I have not got far enough to record anything) Sandisk Extreme Pro 160MB/s 64GB
- Sigma 24-105 Art - works the best on this lens however still rarely works.
- Sigma 14-24 Art - Never worked
- Canon 17-40 - worked once for about a minute , then has never worked again. Most ERR 70 on this one.
- Canon 50mm 1.8 - Never worked
- Canon  85mm 1.8 - Never worked

Hope this helps
2018-11-21
Use props
Adres Naspam
lvl.1

Poland

Still doesn't work. I have latest firmware.
2018-11-21
Use props
Adres Naspam
lvl.1

Poland

Adres Naspam Posted at 11-21 16:15

2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eww Posted at 11-21 13:21
I don't want to jinx it but I've just run two timelapses at 30 minutes each (previously guaranteed to trigger err70) and nothing. All clear. Ronin S + Micro USB + Canon 1DX mk2. 1DX mk2 firmware is 1.1.6, and latest Ronin S/app on iOS.

Nice job DJI (for now!). I can finally start using my Ronin S for work after ~5 months! ;)

Hi eww, glad to know it works for you, please do more tests and let us know if the issue persists.
2018-11-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi all, I will add a quick update for you to read.

This morning was strange, after no luck at all with the new firmware and my 5D4 yesterday this morning it worked! For a while!

I powered the battery on the Ronin, then the Ronin S, then the 5D4 that was connected with the MCC-B cable. The focus wheel LED went GREEN for the first time on this Ronin and bang, start stop was working from the Ronin S, GREAT!! I took 20 short clips no problem. So I though Ahh, I wonder if the RSS-IR cable now works? Powered it all down, connect the RSS-IR cable, powered it all up in the correct order and tried to start and stop the camera, nope, nothing.. So I thought lets check the app, no one has ever said that if you look in the shooting modes/creative section you can set the camera brand, so I select Canon and move back to the main menu, still nothing, next I make sure the drive mode in PHOTO MODE is set to self timer/remote as instruced in the Ronin information, note this feature is NOT supported in VIDEO MODE but thats how the manual reads unless I am mistaken. So I then select video mode on the 5D4, go into the menu system and ENABLE REMOTE CONTROL in the RED tabs menu, I think its tab five. And it works. So I go back to PHOTO mode and select single shot drive mode, back to video mode and sure enough the IR icon on the TOP LCD is still active and the MCC-IR cable is still working, so I guess at least for now I can use the IR cable to start and stop recording even if it is crude.
As it stands I can NOT get the 5D4 to work at all with the new Ronin S firmware, I have no idea why this morning it worked for twenty mins or so, but now, no chance, LED just blinks RED and if I trigger record from the camera while the MCC-B cable is connected it gives the Err 70 message, I have noticed that it shows a couple of different messages on the rear screen, one completely shuts down the camera and you have to remove the battery to start it up again.
Sorry for the long post, I am uploading some videos as I type and hope to post them once done. I also have to images that I will attached asap too.
DJI, you are going to have to take a close look at this issue, I have no desire to crash my 1DX2 even though others here say it works, not that me personally want to use my 1DX2 with the Ronin S as for me I want lightweight rig hence my de-gripped 5D4 is perfect for the Ronin S.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Adres Naspam Posted at 11-21 16:15

Hi Adres, sorry to know the issue persists, please provide us the following info:
1. The sample video of Err 70.
2. Does the issue occur every time? Or under which circumstances the issue happen?
3. The model of your camera, lens, SD card and the camera firmware version.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

starwarsluv Posted at 11-21 15:32
G'day Mindy

My problem is Err 70 and most of the time lenses just doesn't work at all.

Thanks for the details, may I verify if the camera is in Photo mode when you power on the camera? It would be better to provide us a sample video for better analysis, thank you very much.
2018-11-22
Use props
Adres Naspam
lvl.1

Poland

Adres Naspam
2018-11-22
Use props
Adres Naspam
lvl.1

Poland

arthurbikemad Posted at 11-14 01:12
Well, last post, admin please feel free to tidy up my posts, Ive made the thread look messy.  I am sending my Ronin S back for a refund. Its a great product and I will buy again once the drivers/firmware are sorted, DJI did a good job calling me and trying to suggest a fix. In my case it does not work for now and I dont have time to keep trying this and that plus risk my camera, card and data with such errors.

Still doesn't work. Even with a IR cable
2018-11-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Adres Naspam Posted at 11-22 04:45
Still doesn't work. Even with a IR cable

I have got the IR working now, if you go to the DJI application (smartphone - android in my case) make sure to go into CREATE, then CAMERA CONTROL, select CANON as your brand of camera.
Next on the 5D4 set to VIDEO MODE, open the MENU, goto the first RED tab, then across to tab 5, ENABLE the REMOTE CONTROL option.
The RSS-IR cable should now trigger start and stop from the Ronin S.

Or at least it does in my case, setting the drive mode to selftimer in PHOTO mode as shown on DJI chart does not enable remote record in VIDEO MODE, or at least it does not with my 5D4 v1.1.2.
2018-11-22
Use props
starwarsluv
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 02:06
Thanks for the details, may I verify if the camera is in Photo mode when you power on the camera? It would be better to provide us a sample video for better analysis, thank you very much.

I got my ronin replaced yesterday and now problem seems to have gone away. Looks like a Ronin hardware issue.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 11-22 06:54
I have got the IR working now, if you go to the DJI application (smartphone - android in my case) make sure to go into CREATE, then CAMERA CONTROL, select CANON as your brand of camera.
Next on the 5D4 set to VIDEO MODE, open the MENU, goto the first RED tab, then across to tab 5, ENABLE the REMOTE CONTROL option.
The RSS-IR cable should now trigger start and stop from the Ronin S.

That is correct, with the RSS-IR cable, we must select the right camera model in the APP, may I know if the MCC-B cable works now? If the Err 70 persist, please refer to my post in56# and provide us the necessary info, thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

starwarsluv Posted at 11-22 15:36
I got my ronin replaced yesterday and now problem seems to have gone away. Looks like a Ronin hardware issue.

Glad to hear that, please do more tests and let us know if the issue happens again, thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
starwarsluv
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 18:24
Glad to hear that, please do more tests and let us know if the issue happens again, thank you.

I just updated the firmware to the latest. The focus wheel stopped working with the 17-40mm straight away. I then rolled it back to the firmware (1.0.5) I think and focus started working again right away, However I did get the ERR 70 with this firmware too. But at least the focus is working again, so back to the drawing board.
2018-11-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So DJI have asked me to power up the 5D4 in photo mode before switching to video mode.

This seems to work (in the 5 minutes I have tried it for), it certainly detects the camera as it should i.e Green light in the focus wheel, record button works and I did not see Err 70 in twenty or so start stops.
What does not work is half press of the record button, it seems to trigger metering and quickly flashes the focus box white but fails to drive the lens and focus on the subject, half press the camera's shutter button and it works as normal, i.e starts metering and focuses on what ever is in the box.

The firmware certainly has a few bugs to resolve. Fingers crossed I can use the MCC-B cable for manual focus and start stop of recording, just need to remember to always power up the camera in photo mode.

Not sure what happens if the camera goes into standby while in video mode, saying that I have not seen it go to sleep while the Ronin is running, maybe thats a link to the odd standby message when it crashes with Err 70, perhaps there is some code running that keeps the 5D4 awake DJI?
2018-11-24
Use props
colorz
New
Belgium

Yep, same here...I power up the cam in video mode and about 1 on 8 times i do this i get this error. 5d mark 4 + 16-35 L F4 II. I'm really not going to switch constantly to photomode and then to video mode, and i'm really not going to us that ir cable. I purchased this thing to do what it has to do. It does his work fine but that errors are a pain in the ass, especially when the work has a fast pace and things need to be done quickly..
2018-11-26
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Agree! I have asked DJI to NOT mark me down as fixed, work arounds are ok for now but like you I don't need to "think" about what mode the camera is in while switching it on and off! I need to be thinking about what I'm filming rather than modes etc etc, I am waiting for new firmware to rid the system of silly bugs that should have been resolved before it was shipped to customers.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 11-26 12:19
Agree! I have asked DJI to NOT mark me down as fixed, work arounds are ok for now but like you I don't need to "think" about what mode the camera is in while switching it on and off! I need to be thinking about what I'm filming rather than modes etc etc, I am waiting for new firmware to rid the system of silly bugs that should have been resolved before it was shipped to customers.

Hi arthurbikemad, I understand your frustration, the workaround is to switch the camera to Photo mode when turning on the camera currently, we understand it may be inconvenient but our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed in the next firmware version, sorry again for the trouble caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

starwarsluv Posted at 11-22 19:21
I just updated the firmware to the latest. The focus wheel stopped working with the 17-40mm straight away. I then rolled it back to the firmware (1.0.5) I think and focus started working again right away, However I did get the ERR 70 with this firmware too. But at least the focus is working again, so back to the drawing board.

Sorry for my late response since I was off duty for several days, it is recommended to switch the camera to Photo mode when turning on the camera currently, we understand it may be inconvenient but our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed in the next firmware version, sorry again for the trouble caused and thanks for your patience
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

colorz Posted at 11-26 11:42
Yep, same here...I power up the cam in video mode and about 1 on 8 times i do this i get this error. 5d mark 4 + 16-35 L F4 II. I'm really not going to switch constantly to photomode and then to video mode, and i'm really not going to us that ir cable. I purchased this thing to do what it has to do. It does his work fine but that errors are a pain in the ass, especially when the work has a fast pace and things need to be done quickly..

Hi colorz, we understand it may be inconvenient but our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed in the next firmware version, sorry again for the trouble caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-11-27
Use props
AmirOrviss
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Ronin s two days ago and I have same error 70 on my Canon 5D mark4 + 16-35 F4 ISII. I Have updated to the latest firmware but did not work. I'll return it until getting a fix.
2018-11-27
Use props
_KLVN_
New
United States

i can't believe this.... i just bought this gimbal mainly for the focus system, 2 video shoot ruined in one day in front of a new client caused by ERR 70, i have a brand new canon 5dm4, canon prime lenses, lexar CF and a few other brands (GOOD ONES), i'm sending mine back not because i don't like it, i believe your engineers need this specimen in order to be analyzed by them physically.
2018-11-28
Use props
MKEDP
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem and it is also the main reason I bought the Ronin-S.  I have the latest firmware.  It just seemed to work by turing the camera on in still mode and then switching over to video after the camera is fully powered on.  I will try and use it tomorrow because it was useless today when I tried to use it in the field for timelapse work.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AmirOrviss Posted at 11-27 20:52
I just received my Ronin s two days ago and I have same error 70 on my Canon 5D mark4 + 16-35 F4 ISII. I Have updated to the latest firmware but did not work. I'll return it until getting a fix.

Hi there, we have just released the new firmware V 1.7.0.60 to fix this issue, could you please update and have a try? Thank you very much.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

_KLVN_ Posted at 11-28 12:12
i can't believe this.... i just bought this gimbal mainly for the focus system, 2 video shoot ruined in one day in front of a new client caused by ERR 70, i have a brand new canon 5dm4, canon prime lenses, lexar CF and a few other brands (GOOD ONES), i'm sending mine back not because i don't like it, i believe your engineers need this specimen in order to be analyzed by them physically.

Hi there, we have just released the new firmware V 1.7.0.60 to fix this issue, could you please update and have a try? Thank you very much.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MKEDP Posted at 11-29 14:08
I have the same problem and it is also the main reason I bought the Ronin-S.  I have the latest firmware.  It just seemed to work by turing the camera on in still mode and then switching over to video after the camera is fully powered on.  I will try and use it tomorrow because it was useless today when I tried to use it in the field for timelapse work.

Hi MKEDP, may I verify if you are running V 1.7.0.60 which was just released? If not, please update again to have a try, thank you.
2018-11-30
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mindy, just installed the latest firmware, all good so it seems after a quick test but still no focus when half pressing the record button. This is for my 5D4. Half press shutter button on camera and it works as it should, but half press on the Ronin and only get the meter running but no focus?
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 11-30 08:28
Mindy, just installed the latest firmware, all good so it seems after a quick test but still no focus when half pressing the record button. This is for my 5D4. Half press shutter button on camera and it works as it should, but half press on the Ronin and only get the meter running but no focus?

Please reply to one of my posts if you need any assistance so I can get the notification and reply timely.
Just to verify, you are half pressing the Camera Control Button right? Will other features work normally?
2018-12-3
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-3 01:57
Please reply to one of my posts if you need any assistance so I can get the notification and reply timely.
Just to verify, you are half pressing the Camera Control Button right? Will other features work normally?

Hi, sorry Mindy.

DJI have instructed me to follow the instructions re the 5D4 and follow focus etc, however, I am referring to half press of the ronin record button so I think they have miss understood. Saying that it sounds like half press focus is not supported on the 5D4 when you read the instructions, i.e ONLY follow focus. I find that a little strange as when you half press the record button the ronin does start the light meter running, sometimes it will almost trigger the camera to focus but 99.9% of the time thats not the case, hence why I thought it was a fault of the firmware.
The follow focus works fine, lets me focus on a subject manually or interrupt autofocus if used while in AF mode. It would be great if DJI add half press so the function of the Ronin S's record button is the same as that as on the camera.

On another note today I got the command module and have to say its great! Being able to adjust features in the fly right at the gimbal is awesome!
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 12-3 06:33
Hi, sorry Mindy.

DJI have instructed me to follow the instructions re the 5D4 and follow focus etc, however, I am referring to half press of the ronin record button so I think they have miss understood. Saying that it sounds like half press focus is not supported on the 5D4 when you read the instructions, i.e ONLY follow focus. I find that a little strange as when you half press the record button the ronin does start the light meter running, sometimes it will almost trigger the camera to focus but 99.9% of the time thats not the case, hence why I thought it was a fault of the firmware.

Auto Focus is available for 5D4, we just need to half press the Camera Control Button in the Ronin-S and it will act just the same as the record button in the camera.
Since you always fail to auto focus, we would like a short video for further analysis if possible.
2018-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules