Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pixel 2 xl Android P app issues
947 6 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eDt8Bj6sP82D
lvl.1

United States

I have noticed that if I fly my Mavic Pro that the next day the DJI app will crash and never load. Because it won't load at all I'm not able to get crash reports. I have deleted the cache storage everything.

The only thing I found that works is to complete delete the app and download it again. The app will continue to work correctly until I fly the drone. I can fly as much as I want that day but the next morning I wake up try and open the app and it continues to crash. It is a pain to have to download the app each morning and reconfigure all my settings. Has anyone figured out a fix and when is DJI going to address this problem?
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. Unfortunately, the Pixel 2 XL phone that you used is not compatible to run the app. We will coordinate this one to our engineers to have it test for development to integrate the apps function to your device as well as different Android devices currently out in the market. I will be posting below the fully compatible list of devices. Thank you.

2018-8-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Can't replicate that issue at all.  I just do my usual RC on, THEN plug in the USB, the app detects, loads and connects and works.  As with all the android versions ive ever tried on all devices, it doesnt work unless USB is connected prior to loading the app.
In terms of trouble shooting, have you tried factory resetting the phone and running it as the first app on a clean installed OS?  That'll rule out software conflicts.

2018-8-9
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Disable Bluetooth if it is on and see what happens.
2018-8-10
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

I REALLY wish that DJI would stop ALWAYS going DIRECTLY to "Unfortunately, the XXX phone that you used is not compatible to run the app" You know DJI, it MIGHT just be the app!
2018-8-10
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-8-10 07:34
I REALLY wish that DJI would stop ALWAYS going DIRECTLY to "Unfortunately, the XXX phone that you used is not compatible to run the app" You know DJI, it MIGHT just be the app!

ya that is their scapegoat. Sorry your device doesn't seem to be list on my list of devices sorry again have a nice day bla bla bla Those devices are 2+ years old now and nothing new added since gezzz
2018-8-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The canned responses are disappointing (they just script read or copy/paste).
The supported device list is woeful, its ancient.

Back to the original point view - as a diagnostic try a factory reset of the phone and install DJI Go first and test.  That'll rule out a conflict with software or a setting (which causes most android based issues).
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules