Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggle Flight Records
3199 15 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pGhBdWOTlyKp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98622 ft
United States

For Spark flyers, using the DJI Goggle, you are already aware the mobile device drops out once the Goggles are connected to the RC and that flight records are only stored in the Goggles and must be uploaded to DJI servers via the DJI Assistant 2 for analysis. In my experience, DJI does not allow the download of the Goggle flight records to your PC so you can not do your own analysis.

I have uploaded over 50 flight records to the DJI server but since these records do not sync with any of the mobile device flight records, I have no confirmation they are accessible to DJI support personnel. I recently sent in my Spark in for an incident analysis but DJI was never able to find the txt file for the date of the accident, even though it was uploaded twice successfully with the appropriate green confirmation note. I even read to them the actual file name. Has anyone else had similar experience with this problem?

I communicated with DJI support personnel at least seven times, and no one was ever able to confirm they even had the record, or any of my records! Has anyone had similar experience? I feel DJI has some real problems with support personnel even knowing where these Goggle records are located. I received instructions from DJI support to upload the flight records from my mobile device which demonstrated clear ignorance on their part! When flying the Spark with the Goggles, flight records are always recorded only in the Goggles. I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has run into similar issues.

2018-8-9
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Thats a rough one. Cant you just use the Micro SD card in the goggles to obtain the information and send it to the mothership or am I missing something? If stored in the goggles one would think that the flight record would be as easily accessible on the goggles as they are on the tablet? IDK. Hopefully you get this sorted out, sounds like a mess...
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_pGhBdWOTlyKp
lvl.3
United States

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-8-9 10:23
Thats a rough one. Cant you just use the Micro SD card in the goggles to obtain the information and send it to the mothership or am I missing something? If stored in the goggles one would think that the flight record would be as easily accessible on the goggles as they are on the tablet? IDK. Hopefully you get this sorted out, sounds like a mess...

The flight record files are not saved to the SD card in the Goggles, only the video is saved here.  Evidently DJI has a separate internal storage for flight record files and these can be viewed and uploaded from DJI Assistant 2, when the Goggles are connected to your computer.

However, you cannot download any of the visible flight record text files, you can only upload them to DJI's server, where ever that may be?  I'm not sure their support personnel know how to locate those files, based on their response to me.  They could never clearly tell me they examined any of my flight records (previously uploaded) even though I twice received confirmation the file in question, and 51 others, were all uploaded successfully to their server!

They kept pointing me back to my mobile device which definitely does not record flight records (or video) once you connect the DJI Goggles to the RC.
2018-8-9
Use props
Rafal Galinski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1933346 ft
Poland

Hi Guys, that is super bad luck. A week ago I experienced DJI Mavic AIR flying with DJI Goggles, low battery and I pressed RTH. It went into high branches 100 m in the deep forest.

There is no chance to find it out. What is also significant, the flight logs are with totally different dates, no specific day of the accident. I could retrieve the txt logs via FileZilla App, but they are encrypted anyway.
2018-9-10
Use props
Datree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21371 ft
United States

This is interesting. I am saving nickles to buy the DJI headset for my spark but this might keep me from getting one until this is resolved. Sparks have been flying away and if i cant get the flight logs to try and find it is a deal breaker for me.
2018-9-10
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
United States

Datree Posted at 2018-9-10 11:40
This is interesting. I am saving nickles to buy the DJI headset for my spark but this might keep me from getting one until this is resolved. Sparks have been flying away and if i cant get the flight logs to try and find it is a deal breaker for me.

Good luck with your search, Honestly, I believe the goggles are way too expensive for that drone, I might as well buy a mavic but that's my two cents. Hope you you find your drone.
2018-9-11
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

I do have a spark and the goggles too. So dji moderators how can we have the logs?
2018-9-11
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

ZukySpark Posted at 2018-9-11 14:47
I do have a spark and the goggles too. So dji moderators how can we have the logs?

By the way, I misspoke in my comment above, the video is not recorded on the SD card of the Goggles when flying Spark, it is saved on the SD card of Spark the same as using a tablet or phone, sorry about that!

In August I sent the goggles to DJI in response to my complaints regarding a Spark accident in June that I felt should have been covered under warranty.  DJI just wanted me to use my DJI Refresh Program, ignored the video I provided and never clearly acknowledged they did not have the flight record!  

After much hassle back and forth and a second accident, DJI requested I send in the goggles to examine them and access the flight records themselves, since they were still in the goggles. After analysis, they informed me they were having problems with their server, whatever that meant?  But they never fixed the problem!  In their favor they did cover the first accident under warranty, but more or less acknowledged they still did not have the flight record.  They didn't charge me for anything and sent the goggles back since I needed them for a long wilderness trip in Canada.   

I told them in June they had a problem with the server when the original incident occurred when they could not verify they actually had my flight record from the accident.  I previously showed a successful upload of all records (51 at that time) including the one from the accident, but none were sync'd to my phone or tablet and still aren't!   

I just tried another upload today, now 54 records total, and all show they were successfully uploaded, but none show up in my sync'd records when I sync the phone to the server.  There has been no firmware updates since they looked at my goggles in August and acknowledged DJI had a server problem and the records to this day are still not sync'd!  

I have no idea what DJI is doing about this problem, it is a mystery to me, it appears they are simply ignoring the problem given that over a month has gone by with no firmware update or notice from DJI regarding a fix to their server or to the goggles.  The evidence is the lack of sync'd goggle records.  

I would appreciate hearing from others on whether they can verify their goggle records are syncing properly.  I also advise everyone using the goggles/Spark combo to pressure DJI about this issue.  This must be fixed ASAP.  It is ridiculous that it has not been taken care of by now!
2018-10-10
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

Datree Posted at 2018-9-10 11:40
This is interesting. I am saving nickles to buy the DJI headset for my spark but this might keep me from getting one until this is resolved. Sparks have been flying away and if i cant get the flight logs to try and find it is a deal breaker for me.

I am thinking with 2nd thought's about the goggles now also
2018-10-13
Use props
BlueBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49029 ft

All the records on my goggles seems to have the same date stamp, I’ll take a screenshot when I get to my pc tomorrow.
Do yours show the correct dates/times on the files?
2018-10-13
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

BlueBox Posted at 2018-10-13 13:22
All the records on my goggles seems to have the same date stamp, I’ll take a screenshot when I get to my pc tomorrow.
Do yours show the correct dates/times on the files?

Yes, all the flight records in DJI Assistant 2 show the correct date and times, just not in the typical U.S. date format.  However, none show up in the DJI 4 app when sync'd to the server.  I show all my files were successfully uploaded to the DJI server and indicating green.  I have repeated the upload several times just to be sure.  

In fact, DJI had my Goggles in August and tried to get the flight records to upload to their server themselves and all the supervisor could tell me was they were "having problems with the server!"  Whatever that means?  To this day, not one Spark/Goggle owner/operator has confirmed to me their files in fact upload to DJI's server and are properly synchronized with all other flight records in DJI Go 4.

Of course that is only one problem with the Goggles, but perhaps the biggest.  We still have no way of locating a lost drone since you cannot access the flight records like you can in DJI Go 4 which drops off line as soon as you connect the Goggles to the controller, as you know.  

You can't transfer flight record files to your PC from the Goggles, and even if they uploaded properly, which currently they do not, you need a laptop and an internet connection at the time of the incident to get the flight records into DJI Go 4, which may help locate a lost drone.  I operate away from cell coverage very frequently so this is not an option for me, even if the files were synchronizing properly.  The Goggles have been poorly implemented from a technical standpoint and DJI's communications are so bad that I still have no clue what they found with my Goggles in August and it is now mid-October! There has been no firmware update since they knew about the "server problem" and they have provided no information when and what they are going to do about the "server problem"...but boy they sure no how to apologize, say their sorry, they feel for me, and almost break into tears...unfortunately, there is no real action!  So we are stuck with a very expensive piece of equipment that is not functioning as it should.  If you, or anyone else,  can confirm your Goggle flight records are in fact synchronized with DJI Go 4 please let me know.
2018-10-13
Use props
trey67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57418 ft
United States

First post and have only had my Spark for a couple of weeks.  Far beyond my expectations and I'm simply shocked at how cool it is.  Why did I wait so long?  

I decided to get the goggles this past weekend and finally got around to getting them to sync and flew my first FPV flight last evening.  My experience so far...  

1. Image quality isn't very good (with the Spark) and doesn't even seem to be 720p, very pix-elated.  
2. Headset is somewhat difficult to get comfortable on my head.
3. Somewhat difficult to connect the goggles (you have to follow a certain sequence or they won't connect)
4. No connection on mobile device once the headset connects so you have to use the touch pad.

Other than these issues, the flight was actually very nice. The headset is heavy but not that heavy. And of course I look like a dork, but who cares?

Now that I've learned a bit about the goggles and the positives and negatives, I've started to debate whether or not to keep them.  I know they'll be great with the Mavic 2 Pro and I do plan on buying the drone when it comes down in price a bit. I can always re-purchase the goggles at a later date as well.

This thread has made my decision for me.  If there's no way to get the .txt files and do my own flight analysis, it's a deal breaker.  I hope DJI support chimes in with honest answers.
2018-10-17
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

trey67 Posted at 2018-10-17 10:36
First post and have only had my Spark for a couple of weeks.  Far beyond my expectations and I'm simply shocked at how cool it is.  Why did I wait so long?  

I decided to get the goggles this past weekend and finally got around to getting them to sync and flew my first FPV flight last evening.  My experience so far...  

1. Image quality isn't very good (with the Spark) and doesn't even seem to be 720p, very pix-elated.  

Not sure what is going on with this?  The view through the goggles is limited to 720p, but not the video saved to the drone, which remains 1080p. I've had no problem with video quality.  Whether flying and looking through the goggles, or looking at film after flight.  

2. Headset is somewhat difficult to get comfortable on my head.

I had the same issue and ordered some sticky backed foam and customized to fit better, particularly when the goggles are flipped up which tended to put too much weight forward without support, so they try to fall off your head.   The padding should be more controllable and more stout. The 1/2" and 3/4" foam I purchased on eBay worked fine and makes it tight enough to not fall off when flipped up.  They feel much more secure.  Just be sure to place the foam where you want it from the get go, otherwise you will rip the thin coating DJI put inside the head band, when you try to remove the sticky back foam.  Of course, we shouldn't have to do any of these adjustment given the cost of the goggles, just another feature that was poorly conceived and implemented.

3. Somewhat difficult to connect the goggles (you have to follow a certain sequence or they won't connect)

I have no issue connecting with the goggles, but yes, you do have to follow the correct sequence.  If I'm flying several flights in a row, I simply leave the goggles plugged in to the controller, but shut them down, so I can check all the pre-flight parameters in the phone/tablet before each flight after replacing the drone battery.  After checking everything,, I turn the goggles back on and it will self connect as soon as the phone/tablet drops out.  Sometimes you have to wait a minute or two.  Of course, the design should never disconnect from the phone/tablet in the first place!  Again, poor design, which results in no readily accessible flight records to use in the event the drone flies away!

4. No connection on mobile device once the headset connects so you have to use the touch pad.

As stated above, this should not happen!  Poor design, poor implementation.  Many necessary features are lost because they did not work out a way to have the phone/tablet stay in operation while the goggles are in use with the Spark.

But I need to ask again, to all those using the goggles with Spark, has anyone verified there flight records are uploaded AND synchronized with the other flight records through the DJI servers? I continually indicate successful uploads but no files are synchronized with my other flight records, zip, nada!  

As I mentioned previously, I sent my goggles into DJI for this purpose alone and even they were unable to get them to upload and synchronize.  They just said they had a problem with the server!  No further explanation!  I see no evidence DJI has done anything to remedy this problem.  As I have experienced before numerous times with support, they simply ignore you, stall forever, or say they are "sorry" a thousand times over, like that will really help!   DJI needs professional counseling on how to communicate with the customer, they seem to have no clue!

I recently sent in another notice to DJI that the synchronized flight record problem with the goggles is still not fixed.  I have received all of the above mentioned responses but there has been absolutely no action in making a real fix.  All I can say is, start putting on the pressure guys and gals or it will be never be fixed! They will continue to hear from me and they are about to get my goggles back once again!  They will have to take them back under warranty if these goggles are not working as they should.
2018-10-17
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

Ted S Posted at 2018-10-17 14:25

Not sure what is going on with this?  The view through the goggles is limited to 720p, but not the video saved to the drone, which remains 1080p. I've had no problem with video quality.  Whether flying and looking through the goggles, or looking at film after flight.  

It appears DJI is just going to ignore there problems with the DJI Goggle flight records.  No DJI reps are saying anything, so I will send in the Goggles once again, and then again, and again, until they fix them or their server, whichever is the problem.  

The customer is more likely to be patient and gracious with the company when they communicate promptly and clearly and acknowledge they have a problem with their server and the synchronization of Goggle flight records, but are working on a fix now.  Instead there is silence!  Extremely frustrating!   
2018-10-20
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

I am thinking as I read all this going on with spark and goggles. I might just invest in a mav platinum. I heard the goggles work very well with mav line. any one fly a mav and goggles?
2018-11-8
Use props
Ted S
lvl.3
United States

driverman930 Posted at 11-8 15:52
I am thinking as I read all this going on with spark and goggles. I might just invest in a mav platinum. I heard the goggles work very well with mav line. any one fly a mav and goggles?

I have no issues with the actual functioning of the Goggles when flying.  It is simply the fact that flight records are not accessible to anyone, perhaps not even to DJI!  And, they do not synchronize with your other flight records.  If you have a problem with the aircraft it will be difficult to prove what went wrong, or to locate a lost aircraft, as I have found out.  DJI is still stalling regarding any information about this flight record synchronization issue and what they are doing to fix it.

I doubt this is only a Spark issue since flight records are uploaded via DJI Assistant 2 and has nothing to do with the aircraft.  So I wonder if other models are having the same problem with access to flight records?  No one else is saying anything either, which is really surprising to me.  What about the Mavic models?
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules