618 10 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

On July 14th I purchased a DJI Refresh for my Mavic Air. It had drifted into a pole while hovering, maybe pilot error maybe not who knows. I paid $89 for the replacement unit instead of waiting on free repairs. After hearing nothing from DJI I called on August 6th (3 weeks later) to check the status. It turns out it was delivered to the wrong building of DJI because the UPS label that was provided had the wrong return address. My Air had set at one their buildings for several weeks not knowing what to do with it until I called.

DJI had given me a shipping label with the wrong return address on it. DJI will email the label to print as part of the Care Refresh package.

When we all figured out what happened I asked for a refund of my $89. If I would have known the process would take 4 weeks I would have never paid for express repairs. After multiple phone call's today they have officially denied refunding my money. This is a major fail from DJI from a customer service standpoint. I paid for Express Service, was provided a label with a wrong address, waited 4 weeks for service and I am still being charged.

I paid for Care Refresh but received a regular warranty repair service time, and now no refund. Fail, fail, fail, fail DJI.
Case #
CAS-2012589-V5M8J1

July 14th--Air sent via UPS to DJI with a DJI shipping label provided by email.
August 6th--I called to check on the status and they realized the shipping error. They immediately got in touch with the other building to see who received it.
August 7th--I asked for a unit to be shipped NOW instead of waiting for them to receive my unit. It was their shipping mistake--don't punish me for their mistake.
August 10th--A replacement unit will be finally shipped with NORMAL GROUND service.

DJI supplied me with a shipping label with the wrong shipping address, let my unit set around for 3 weeks before recognizing it, and is still charging me for "Express Service"

Juicy the supervisor in care refresh--very polite and very good customer service. He started the ticket to refund my $89.

Russ the supervisor (Employee ID 420) in After Sales Care made a big mistake by denying me a refund and blaming it on UPS. He refused to take responsibility for the error of giving me a wrong shipping label and said I am not just paying for express service but also for a replacement unit, which they are fulfilling, however late it is.

2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we are really sorry about what happened.  I'll forward this concern to the proper department to improve and keep moving to offer a better service. Thank you for your kind and consideration.
2018-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it looks like a genuine mistake , and yes it shouldn’t happen, but it’s also fair to say that most Care refresh are returned withi 10 working days, some much quicker .
So yes you lost out two weeks, I’m not sure the reason your complaining is because your looking for some compensation, it sounds like it, but he who has never made a mistake cast the first stone, I don’t think the sky is going to fall in.
2018-8-9
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-9 15:02
Hello, we are really sorry about what happened.  I'll forward this concern to the proper department to improve and keep moving to offer a better service. Thank you for your kind and consideration.

The only way to make this right is to refund my $89. I paid for Express Service but received normal warranty repair times from a wrong shipping label.  Not my fault---DON'T PUNISH ME.
2018-8-9
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-9 15:05
I think it looks like a genuine mistake , and yes it shouldn’t happen, but it’s also fair to say that most Care refresh are returned withi 10 working days, some much quicker .
So yes you lost out two weeks, I’m not sure the reason your complaining is because your looking for some compensation, it sounds like it, but he who has never made a mistake cast the first stone, I don’t think the sky is going to fall in.

It is a genuine mistake I totally agree. The way to correct it would be at least move the $89 cost down to what ground shipping would be, but nope. I still pay full price for express shipping.  

This could be such an easy fix, cut the cost in half and split shipping with me.
2018-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Muchmore Posted at 2018-8-9 15:21
It is a genuine mistake I totally agree. The way to correct it would be at least move the $89 cost down to what ground shipping would be, but nope. I still pay full price for express shipping.  

This could be such an easy fix, cut the cost in half and split shipping with me.

If someone makes a genuine mistake with me, that’s fine I don’t need anything except apology and everyone moves on, if someone wants to compensate me that’s fine and if not that’s fine also, it also allows me to consider the mistakes I make in life, will not be fraught with people always looking for compensation, but maybe in the US compensation culture is different. You make a mistake you pay.....
2018-8-9
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-9 15:27
If someone makes a genuine mistake with me, that’s fine I don’t need anything except apology and everyone moves on, if someone wants to compensate me that’s fine and if not that’s fine also, it also allows me to consider the mistakes I make in life, will not be fraught with people always looking for compensation, but maybe in the US compensation culture is different. You make a mistake you pay.....

I think you got it backward, it's not if you make a mistake you pay,  it's if you make a mistake for a paid service you charge less.
2018-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Muchmore Posted at 2018-8-9 15:31
I think you got it backward, it's not if you make a mistake you pay,  it's if you make a mistake for a paid service you charge less.

Well if that’s the case then maybe work out the figures and the difference between express and what you got and that’s what your owed, I have also seen dji ship express for users going on vacation etc free of charge, maybe just a case of swings and roundabouts. Hopefully they will respond kindly.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Muchmore Posted at 2018-8-9 15:05
The only way to make this right is to refund my $89. I paid for Express Service but received normal warranty repair times from a wrong shipping label.  Not my fault---DON'T PUNISH ME.

Hi Dany, we're sorry to hear about the outcome of your DJI Care Refresh Express case. Upon checking, it has been escalated to our Managerial Department. We'll check on this further and we'll contact you for the update within 48 business hours. So, please keep your line open. We appreciate your feedback, Dany. This will give us the opportunity to correct any problem that may exist and help us to improve and provide more professional customer service. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-9
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-9 15:46
Hi Dany, we're sorry to hear about the outcome of your DJI Care Refresh Express case. Upon checking, it has been escalated to our Managerial Department. We'll check on this further and we'll contact you for the update within 48 business hours. So, please keep your line open. We appreciate your feedback, Dany. This will give us the opportunity to correct any problem that may exist and help us to improve and provide more professional customer service. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Thank you. While speaking with the last manager Russ, I begged him to reconsider not refunding a partial amount of my money for the delay but he insisted the full amount must be paid and would not pass my concern on to any other person.
2018-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Muchmore Posted at 2018-8-9 16:37
Thank you. While speaking with the last manager Russ, I begged him to reconsider not refunding a partial amount of my money for the delay but he insisted the full amount must be paid and would not pass my concern on to any other person.

Dany, sorry again for the inconvenience caused, your experience has been escalated to the appropriate team for review, we will have someone to contact you very soon for further communication, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules