Art of soccer training.
1445 20 2018-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

Loving the Spark, but now, after a month or so using it, I'm finding some of its limitations..

Just a preview of the project.

2018-8-9
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

Like it, good video!!
2018-8-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nice video,                                                         
2018-8-9
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

Nice steady shots . I hope I can fly and shoot like you.

Can I give you some input as a viewer? As a viewer, I do hope to see some eye-level or low level shots of the player doing his training as well. Probably some tracking or flying forward or backwards from the player kind of shots will be nice too.

Maybe you already have that done, but not edited into the preview.

Looking forward to seeing the final piece
2018-8-9
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

Ronnie, yeah I've shot a bunch of footage...will be editing it over next week...this was just a simple preview.
2018-8-9
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

That was really well shot. I hope you post the finished video.

It was about a month for me too when I started discovering the Spark's limitations. How are they affecting your video?
2018-8-9
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-9 20:48
That was really well shot. I hope you post the finished video.

It was about a month for me too when I started discovering the Spark's limitations. How are they affecting your video?

Not having that 3rd axis is a pain....so deciding on what shots you want is key. Not being able to circle the player while moving (well, unable to do it well) was a problem. Resolution means there definitely no cropping in too...but overall...for what the Spark costs...its a great entry level drone...and because I want sure if I'd like using a drone (this is my first one) I decided on the Spark...and I have no regrets.
2018-8-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

great video
2018-8-10
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 2018-8-9 21:05
Not having that 3rd axis is a pain....so deciding on what shots you want is key. Not being able to circle the player while moving (well, unable to do it well) was a problem. Resolution means there definitely no cropping in too...but overall...for what the Spark costs...its a great entry level drone...and because I want sure if I'd like using a drone (this is my first one) I decided on the Spark...and I have no regrets.

You can try using active track to circle the player while he moves.  It has an option to circle around whatever it's tracking and you can set how fast or slow it circles.  Probably not exactly what you were wanting but it may suffice.
2018-8-10
Use props
unhommelibre
Second Officer
Flight distance : 109268 ft
United States

Cool video!
2018-8-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-8-10 04:46
You can try using active track to circle the player while he moves.  It has an option to circle around whatever it's tracking and you can set how fast or slow it circles.  Probably not exactly what you were wanting but it may suffice.

Yeah, did some of the quickshots....being about to circle subject as part of long shot with sequences before and after would have been nice.

Like I said, knowing the limitations just means you pick your shots in advance rather than "try" to do something mid-air.
2018-8-10
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Steven Hawthorne Posted at 2018-8-9 21:05
Not having that 3rd axis is a pain....so deciding on what shots you want is key. Not being able to circle the player while moving (well, unable to do it well) was a problem. Resolution means there definitely no cropping in too...but overall...for what the Spark costs...its a great entry level drone...and because I want sure if I'd like using a drone (this is my first one) I decided on the Spark...and I have no regrets.

I could have written that post. That has been exactly my experience as well in the few months I've been flying the Spark. As my first drone, I love what it can do, but I'm also seeing what it can't do. The Mavic Air beckons but that won't be for a while so in the meantime, I'm enjoying the Spark.
2018-8-10
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

That guy can really juggle his balls.......Oh wait that didn't come out right...
2018-8-10
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

It's Football not Soccer, get it right! ;)
2018-8-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

DPJ Posted at 2018-8-10 07:57

I'm British....and I knew...if I said football...all the Americans would have been disappointed....
2018-8-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

DPJ Posted at 2018-8-10 07:57

I'm British....and I knew...if I said football...all the Americans would have been disappointed....
2018-8-10
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That's because they're wrong! Us Brits and the rest of the world play Football, the Yanks play Hand Egg hahahha
2018-8-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

This was some more footage taken on the day....just outputted via dji go app...
2018-8-10
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

In all seriousness though, with no Football/Hand Egg comments, great video
2018-8-10
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

DPJ Posted at 2018-8-10 10:40
In all seriousness though, with no Football/Hand Egg comments, great video

thank you....once finished I'll post the edited version.
2018-8-10
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

nice one! i'm kinda looking forward to do some of that with my own team
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules