1145 20 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

I have my Sparky only since a month or so, but I am an experienced drone pilot.
While flying the Spark works nicely with R/C, my Galaxy S4 (!) phone (aircraft mode) and  OTG cable, I have problems starting or stopping the video record function.
No matter if I use the record button on the R/C or the record button on the Go4 app, I need to press many many times until the function actually reacts. That's weird...

Video lag is low, I did several flights yesterday on a large free field, no interference at all (I checked it).
I am using current versions on A/C, R/C and app.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

Cheers,
Wolferl

2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have a different phone/tablet to use so that we can isolate the issue? Is the issue the same using WiFi connection?
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Hm, I just tried the exact same thing on my desk (its raining outside...), and now starting and stopping works as it should.

I'll do some more tests as you suggest, and let you know.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-10
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23576 ft

Hi Wolferl. Have exactly the same issue as you do. Sometimes I need to click a couple of times on record button to either stop recording or start recording. And when this happen I also fly on a large free area without any interference. Additionally, the problem appears even when the drone is not that far from the RC, maybe 30-40 meters. It doesn't happen always, but noticed it at least two or three times already.
My setup:
AC firmware: V 01.00.1000
RC firmware: V 01.00.0600
Phone: LG G6
ROM: Android Oreo 8.0 (the latest official form LG)
Connection: Wifi

2018-8-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Hi Vitoski,

Thank you, now I know I'm not alone

It seems it has something to do with flying. As long as Sparky is on the ground, it works. As soon as you are  flying, it doesn't. Weird and annoying thing.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-10
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
France

I have a Galaxy S4 and there was no way to make it work via USB OTG with the remote. How did you do it?
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

To be exact, I have the Galaxy S4 mini VE (GT_i9195i), rooted, and running LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1).
Believe me, I was surprised too when I tried a OTG cable that was laying aroung, and it worked right away!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-10
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have exactly the same issue + the recording stops on its own.
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-8-10 05:00
I have exactly the same issue + the recording stops on its own.

Hi Alexey,

Ugh, that's really bad, I never had that.
I would not mind having recording on at all times, but with recording on, you can't activate intelligent flight modes

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-10
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

I have written many times, I will describe it again:

A DJI GO4 app. 4.1.15 verifier knows everything but everything! which should and have never been such a problem. Handles OTG has all sorts of panorama Stb. Why is it always the latest?

There are a lot of issues in the latest version: weak range, laggy video, delayed video capture button ...

The new versions are coming due to the following: Adding new prohibitions, restrictions, the appearance of new types (Mavic Air) and their bug fixes.
We have Spark owners, nothing new, but worse.

So put it back to 4.1.15 -16 and you'll be satisfied.
2018-8-10
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.2

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-10 06:29
I have written many times, I will describe it again:

A DJI GO4 app. 4.1.15 verifier knows everything but everything! which should and have never been such a problem. Handles OTG has all sorts of panorama Stb. Why is it always the latest?

One questions though. Is it safe to downgrade from the latest version of DJI Go 4 to the one you recommended? I mean isn't there any issues when downgrading in terms of AC and RC firmware?

Thanks!
2018-8-10
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Vitoski Posted at 2018-8-10 06:39
One questions though. Is it safe to downgrade from the latest version of DJI Go 4 to the one you recommended? I mean isn't there any issues when downgrading in terms of AC and RC firmware?

Thanks!

There are none!

But I read it every day: the spark flyaway forever, though I just updated it, my remote has broken after I've updated it ...
2018-8-10
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.2

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-10 06:43
There are none!

But I read it every day: the spark flyaway forever, though I just updated it, my remote has broken after I've updated it ...

OK, thanks.
I'll then downgrade DJI GO 4 to one of the earlier versions which you mentioned. Just out of curiosity, is there any place where I can see what changes were introduced between 4.1.15 version and the latest one?
2018-8-10
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

I used to have this problem before switching to an S9+ and no OTG....I have NOT had this problem since switching to OTG. I hope you get it worked out, seems a bit weird. I wonder if your equipment is just not up to the task, you are receiving some interference or if there is another factor at play....Keep us posted.
2018-8-10
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Vitoski Posted at 2018-8-10 06:47
OK, thanks.
I'll then downgrade DJI GO 4 to one of the earlier versions which you mentioned. Just out of curiosity, is there any place where I can see what changes were introduced between 4.1.15 version and the latest one?

Here history and download links: https://www.apk4fun.com/history/124732/
Version history.jpg
2018-8-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

Hi Jakab,

Thanks, I'll try that too.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-10
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.2
Poland

Jakub what about 4.2.12?
If I'm not mistaken many people in other threads were advising to downgrade to that version.
According to the release notes there were some improvements introduced for Spark.
Do you have any experience?
Thanks.
2018-8-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

JFTR:

I did some test flying yesterday evening (at the same interference free large field) just to find out video record starting/stopping works nicely if the phone is connected via Wifi to the R/C.
Of course, video itself is super-laggy and unusable (more than 10 seconds lag). App version was 4.2.21.
Next trial will be the older app versions together with OTG.

I'll keep you updated...
Wolferl
2018-8-12
Use props
Vitoski
lvl.2

Yesterday I tried the 4.2.12 version and did not notice any massive improvement over 4.2.21 version. AC went to about 60-80 m straight up and already got lag with start/stop recording button. I connected my phone LG G6 to RC via Wifi, as since Oreo there is a problem with OTG. Of course DJI standard answer is that my phone is not on the list of recommended devices.
Will try version 4.1.15 (which Jakub recommended) and let you know.
2018-8-13
Use props
Krayzie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1594 ft

Bulgaria

I have the same problem with DJI Go4 versions 4.2.16 and above. I think the best version is 4.2.12 for me works perfect I have Nexus 6P with Android 8.1
P.S. I`m not using OTG cable, I can`t find any reason to use it when with wifi connection works perfectly.
2018-8-13
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

OK guys, I just flew 3 batteries with the 4.2.12 together with an OTG cable.
What should I say...simply perfect.
Instant video recording on/off plus low video lag (less than 1 seconds).

Hats off to Jakab!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules