First Post, Maybe Last?
891 10 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennispatton
lvl.1
  • >>>

I've waited and researched the last couple of years before buying my first serious drone.  I ordered a brand new Phantom 4 PRO V2.  I spent the enitre day on the phone with DJI support and could not get the aircraft to link with the controller.  DJI told me to contact the seller for a replacement.  The seller was sold out of the units so I had to box everything up and return it.  I'm still waiting for my refund for the purchase.

I'm extremely disappointed in the product and the support I received.  Is this typically what can be expected with this company?  Honest answers please.  I need to make a decision on what to purchase next.

Many thanks for your input,

Dennis
2018-8-10
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Electronics can fail.   Sorry to hear about your issues.   I have P4A and P3A with no trouble.   Flying for over a year.   Give it a chance.
2018-8-10
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Electronics can fail.   Sorry to hear about your issues.   I have P4A and P3A with no trouble.   Flying for over a year.   Give it a chance.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Dennis, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, the firmware of the RC and the aircraft must be matched before you link them, if you have returned it to the seller, hope you will get the refund soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-10
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

They should come already linked, just need to turn the power on on both devices and they should talk.

So unless there was a fault, maybe the seller had been playing with the remote and had linked it to another aircraft?  If so maybe you don't want to use that seller!

Don't give up just for this problem!
2018-8-10
Use props
dennispatton
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 04:59
Hi Dennis, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, the firmware of the RC and the aircraft must be matched before you link them, if you have returned it to the seller, hope you will get the refund soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Hours were spent updating the firmwares in both drone and controller.  The DJI GO 4 app said they were both current.  After an entire day on the phone with support, they concluded the drone was faulty.  This was not user  error on my part.  I also no longer see my post on the forum.  Did you remove it?
2018-8-10
Use props
dennispatton
lvl.1
  • >>>

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-10 05:07
They should come already linked, just need to turn the power on on both devices and they should talk.

So unless there was a fault, maybe the seller had been playing with the remote and had linked it to another aircraft?  If so maybe you don't want to use that seller!

This was a brand new, unopened drone.  Perhaps they should have been linked already, but this was not the case with this system.  My post was to try and ascertain if this is a common thing or if DJI has decent QC.
2018-8-10
Use props
dennispatton
lvl.1
  • >>>

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2018-8-10 03:58

Thank you for sharing...
2018-8-10
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

dennispatton Posted at 2018-8-10 05:14
This was a brand new, unopened drone.  Perhaps they should have been linked already, but this was not the case with this system.  My post was to try and ascertain if this is a common thing or if DJI has decent QC.

It is not a common problem.  QC at the factory is reasonable, but not to manned aircraft standard!  You will be doing the test flights yourself.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

dennispatton Posted at 2018-8-10 05:12
Hours were spent updating the firmwares in both drone and controller.  The DJI GO 4 app said they were both current.  After an entire day on the phone with support, they concluded the drone was faulty.  This was not user  error on my part.  I also no longer see my post on the forum.  Did you remove it?

Hi Dennis, we're really sorry about the experience with our product and service. Updating the firmware for both the aircraft and the remote controller really takes time. And we have to check if all possible trouble shooting were exhausted. If it didn't work, I'm afraid the last option is to ask for refund since it's a brand new unit or send it for repair. We're hoping for you to receive your refund. Take care.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dennispatton Posted at 2018-8-10 05:12
Hours were spent updating the firmwares in both drone and controller.  The DJI GO 4 app said they were both current.  After an entire day on the phone with support, they concluded the drone was faulty.  This was not user  error on my part.  I also no longer see my post on the forum.  Did you remove it?

Hi Dennis, please refer to Diana's post, if all the troubleshooting has been done, the last option would be the replacement or the refund, the thread is under Service forum so that we can keep following up, no worries.
2018-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules