Is there a cable to power Sony cameras?
1858 6 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HelloNick
lvl.1
United States

I really don't care about controlling recording or focus on my Sony a7III or a6500. All I want is to power the camera via USB. When I connect the supplied USB cable to the camera I get a screen that says "USB Mode Connecting..." Is there a way to make this not happen? Alternatively, is there a separate USB cable I can purchase that will supply power to the camera but not data?
2018-8-10
Use props
Drone to be Alive
lvl.3
Canada

HelloNick, none so far and hopefully on the next firmware update DJI will enable to power the camera using the multi USB not just shutter control.
2018-8-10
Use props
fredandethel
lvl.2
United States

Drone to be Alive Posted at 2018-8-10 05:39
HelloNick, none so far and hopefully on the next firmware update DJI will enable to power the camera using the multi USB not just shutter control.

I'm with Nick on this. Focus would be appreciated but powering the camera needs to happen ASAP. The batteries on the earlier Alpha cameras suck and a LARGE reason I was excited about the Ronin-S was my understanding that it could power the camera.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, our engineers are working on developing the MULTI USB shutter control, please check on this thread from our engineers: https://forum.dji.com/thread-161037-1-1.html
We want a total of 50 users to test the beta firmware and Multi cable, we will be sending a DJI Ronin-S Multi cable for use with the beta firmware. Please send email to RoninSBeta@dji.com if you would like to have a try. Thank you.
2018-8-10
Use props
Drone to be Alive
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 20:31
Hi all, our engineers are working on developing the MULTI USB shutter control, please check on this thread from our engineers: https://forum.dji.com/thread-161037-1-1.html
We want a total of 50 users to test the beta firmware and Multi cable, we will be sending a DJI Ronin-S Multi cable for use with the beta firmware. Please send email to RoninSBeta@dji.com if you would like to have a try. Thank you.

Mindy, I'm just wondering if this MCC Multi cable is not in our kit and will be sent to us for free once firmware finalized and be launched?  
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Drone to be Alive Posted at 2018-8-13 15:09
Mindy, I'm just wondering if this MCC Multi cable is not in our kit and will be sent to us for free once firmware finalized and be launched?

Hi there, sorry for my late response because of a long holiday, yes, the cable will be given to you for free if you participate the beta test.
2018-8-20
Use props
jonathanlennard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66276 ft

I sold my Zhyun crane 2, with full functionality, including a special cable that Zhyun sent me for my Sony camera, that did not have the irritating right angle. Their crane was  light enough to work perfectly with a Sony A7R2 and GM lens... which is a heavy combination.  The DJI Ronin S is too heavy to really be a functional unit. I will have to buy a lighter lens to use with this gimbal. Making the DJI not a cost effective unit.  
I was a big believer in DJI, and when the Ronin S was announced for early purchase, I assumed it work perfectly with Sony A7 R series, as this is one of the most popular filming DSLR cameras. I had the misfortune of discovering that DJI had released their gimbal without a functioning version for Sony.  This is a real let down from DJI.  I'm hoping that they will move swiftly to rectify this situation, and perhaps DJI would like to pay for another Zyhun crane for me, until they can get their own product to function.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules