Phantom 3 - SD Slot Issue!!!
2456 13 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

After using my Phantom 3 Professional for 10 or so successful flights, I removed the SD card for the newest firmware update, and after trying to put it back into my gimble, it went in but popped right back out. It does make the "click" sound but pops right back out. I was wondering if anyone has a fix to this issue? Currently waiting on DJI Support to email me a return lable, but would much rather fix this myself if there is a fix! -Also: I replied to support with my information filled out Friday but they haven't emailed my return lable, do they not work on weekends?

Thanks in advance,

Carl

2015-5-25
Use props
mikewat43
lvl.2

United States

This happened on my P2V+. I had to send it in for repair and am still waiting for it to come back. I hope it doesn't happen with my P3.
2015-5-25
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

How long did it take for them to send it back?
2015-5-25
Use props
mikewat43
lvl.2

United States

carlcronejr@yah Posted at 2015-5-26 08:02
How long did it take for them to send it back?

It has been 3 weeks and it is still there.
2015-5-25
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

That's not good, hoping someone has a fix I can do in-home!
2015-5-25
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202156 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing happen on mine after only flying 3 flights.  Went to Dji May 5th and is still there not even an email update as of yet.  Very disappointed in the service on the return of the drone.  You spend this much money on something that has a hardware fail and you are told 4 to 6 weeks till its repaired after waiting 45 minutes on the phone.
2015-5-26
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Sorry to hear about that, I haven't even received a return shipping label for mine yet. Waiting for phone lines to open. Can't believe something this expensive would break so easily!
2015-5-26
Use props
Ton.veenhof
lvl.1

Netherlands

I posted a note earlier asking if one really needs to remove the SD card. After all - you can copy photos FROM the card with a cable between the P3 and the PC, why not copy the firmware file there from PC TO the P3.

Tha answer was: yes you can. Copy the .bin file to the root of the card while it is in the P3, power down the P3, boot it again and the P3 will upgrade. I tried it and it works.

So once your P3 returns and is fixed: do not remove the card anymore. Anything that moves can break....

Ton
2015-5-26
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

That is a good thing to do, but should it really break after a week of normal use, removing the SD card maybe 5 times? Because there is a work around doesn't mean it should break.
2015-5-26
Use props
Ton.veenhof
lvl.1

Netherlands

I agree - should not break.
2015-5-26
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

thats disappointing
2015-5-26
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Very! Just got issued my return label, but some users are reporting 4-6 week return times. Would it be possible just to be issued a refund and buy a new P3P from an authorized dealer to get back flying sooner? If anyone has any details let me know! Much appreciated.
2015-5-26
Use props
joeglenn1
New

United States

I agree anything that moves can break but after using it for 2 updates that is not normal.  Seriously you pay this much money for a drone and are very careful with what you do with it and have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it back because of a hardware issue.  This is really making me rethink my purchase with DJI.  
2015-5-26
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202156 ft
United States

joeglenn1 Posted at 2015-5-27 10:47
I agree anything that moves can break but after using it for 2 updates that is not normal.  Seriousl ...

Update unit was shipped and signed for on May 15th  Checked into que  on May 27th now they are saying 4 to 6 weeks will the unit can be fixed.  Really upsetting since the repair is taking forever.  
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules