Spark took off sideways.
1217 14 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb71f3ae9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291604 ft
Australia

Can anyone tell me why my Spark took off at very low altitude sideways , spinning and I basically pulled both levers down which didn't seem to help but who knows . It did stop after a short time.
2018-8-10
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Netherlands

Some more information please
2018-8-10
Use props
Spark105
lvl.1
Australia

Ok, full battery is how i started . Everything was normal for take off. The only thing i did different was a manual start.
2018-8-10
Use props
Sparkylicious
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72306 ft
United States

Lack of GPS signal, hence is switching to GPS and Atti mode back and forth. Maybe?
2018-8-10
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Netherlands

Which firmware?

I would recomment calibrating the imu
2018-8-10
Use props
Spark105
lvl.1
Australia

Sparkylicious Posted at 2018-8-10 10:46
Lack of GPS signal, hence is switching to GPS and Atti mode back and forth. Maybe?

I’m starting to think that what you have said makes sense, when I started the flight I didn’t climb as high immediately which in turn probably gave me what you have mentioned .
2018-8-10
Use props
Spark105
lvl.1
Australia

Sparkylicious Posted at 2018-8-10 10:46

Thanks for your swift reply to Licious much appreciated.
2018-8-10
Use props
Sparkylicious
lvl.3
United States

Spark105 Posted at 2018-8-10 12:54
Thanks for your swift reply to Licious much appreciated.

Sure you're welcome.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you encountered an error message? I would recommend calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone afterward, please check if the GPS signal is strong enough, 18 or more is the most stable and recommended signal as well. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
Sparkylicious
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-12 09:32
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you encountered an error message? I would recommend calibrating the IMU and compass of your drone afterward, please check if the GPS signal is strong enough, 18 or more is the most stable and recommended signal as well. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

"18 or more is the most stable and recommended signal as well."

Hmmm. I average between 12 and 15 around southern california, but yet it felt stable and consistent. I'm sure it'll depends on your locations.
2018-8-12
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

Poor GPS Connection
2018-8-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

It has been noted recently after the latest firmware updates, the SPARK flights especially initial take off tends to be giving a weird response such as jumping up and down in the air !! This in turn switches the SPARK to Atti mode where there is no active presence of obstacle sensor avoidance system .  Also the jumping effect by SPARK  especially hitting the ground causes the gimbal hardware to cause damage and bringing about the "" GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOAD "" error.

i am considering to revert back to 0.9000 firmware for the SPARK but i do not know how the RC will respond !!
2018-8-13
Use props
Oscarfer30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7756 ft

Chile

S.J Posted at 2018-8-13 10:10
It has been noted recently after the latest firmware updates, the SPARK flights especially initial take off tends to be giving a weird response such as jumping up and down in the air !! This in turn switches the SPARK to Atti mode where there is no active presence of obstacle sensor avoidance system .  Also the jumping effect by SPARK  especially hitting the ground causes the gimbal hardware to cause damage and bringing about the "" GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOAD "" error.

i am considering to revert back to 0.9000 firmware for the SPARK but i do not know how the RC will respond !!

I personally reverted to the first FW , and flight with a modified DJI App on spark, since i don't want to lose the drone, all flights are the same without issues at all. And the best is i don't have to worry of losing the drone after every app update. I know this is not ok, but I'm not able to afford to buy a new drone or repair it.
2018-8-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Oscarfer30 Posted at 2018-8-13 19:37
I personally reverted to the first FW , and flight with a modified DJI App on spark, since i don't want to lose the drone, all flights are the same without issues at all. And the best is i don't have to worry of losing the drone after every app update. I know this is not ok, but I'm not able to afford to buy a new drone or repair it.

Which is the first firmware that your writing here ? !
2018-8-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"both lever down"

Flying backwards and wanna descent?
Have you checked your log?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

2018-8-14