Phantom2Vision+, camera trouble.
591 2 2015-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paddo61
New

Australia

Hi all! Have just replaced the comms ribbon on a friends Phantom after he had a slight accident.
Seems to have all gone back together nicely, but when I power the unit up the camera exhibits a few non vilent jerky movements and not much else. When I have the IPhone connected I cannot get to camera to operate the camera and a msg appears, asking to remove the gimble clamp, which wasn't fitted. Also the motor ended up being very hot after being energised for only a few minutes. Any help would be appreciated!
Paddo.

2015-5-25
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Getting the message to remove the gimbel clamp is indicating that there is a binding that is stopping the camera from moving freely. Also the heating is probably where the issue is. Hope you can get it. These gimbals are sensitive. They just about have to float free in the potentiometer.
2015-5-26
Use props
hjf
lvl.1

United States

Having knocked my camera off the gimbal a few times, my experience is that the jerky movement on powering up is due to the camera not being properly aligned with the gimbal shaft.  The gimbal tries to level the camera, but if the camera housing is off, it will bump against its stop and the gimbal will lose its mind and keep trying.  If you have detached the camera (or it came off in the crash), check to make sure that the camera is level when the gimbal shaft thinks it is.  If you need guidance on that, let me know.
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules